Un-Swizzling Switch Image Textures and .bundle Files

Blaze_Accelerator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to extract the image textures from the new Yugioh Go Rush Switch game, but I'm having some issues.

The first issue is that after extracting the files from the rom with the Ryujinx emulator, the files are .bundle files and I'm not seeing all of the images that are in the game. Do the .bundle files need to be extracted further?

The bigger issue is that when I open the .bundle files in Asset Studio GUI, except for a small handful, they are all swizzled. Does anyone have any idea how to un-swizzle them into proper looking pngs? I tried using a tool called Raw Texture Cooker, but the outputs are all dds files that look like TV static. I'm lost with what else I can do. Am I doing something wrong? Could it be a problem with the files? I extracted a rom downloaded.

Here are examples of a swizzled image and a proper image with their dump data from Asset Studio.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• SP_UI_Sum_Y17979 #4796.png
    SP_UI_Sum_Y17979 #4796.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 124
  • Swizzled Image Data Part 1.JPG
    Swizzled Image Data Part 1.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 117
  • Swizzled Image Data Part 2.JPG
    Swizzled Image Data Part 2.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 121
  • SP_UI_Sum_Y15351.png
    SP_UI_Sum_Y15351.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 132
  • Correct PNG Data..JPG
    Correct PNG Data..JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 113
Reactions: AHMEDaak

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You cannot use PNGs for unswizzling. You must have them un original uncompressed texture format since unswizzling depends on block size and by converting it to PNG you are not only compressing them, but also destroying this info since PNG is by default RGBA8.

From informations that this image has 4MB and is 2048x2048 I can guess it's either BC2, BC3 or BC7.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Blaze_Accelerator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You cannot use PNGs for unswizzling. You must have them un original uncompressed texture format since unswizzling depends on block size and by converting it to PNG you are not only compressing them, but also destroying this info since PNG is by default RGBA8.

From informations that this image has 4MB and is 2048x2048 I can guess it's either BC2, BC3 or BC7.
Sorry, I meant to say that I'm trying to unswizzle the files to pngs.
How would I unswizzle the original files? I tried using Raw Texture Cooker to unswizzle the .bundle files with settings you suggested, but that didn't work.

Last edited by Blaze_Accelerator,

AHMEDaak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Brother did you find any way to fix this? My head is Aching from researching about this i didn't even sleep
Post automatically merged:

Any hero to solve this mystery?

Last edited by AHMEDaak,

Blaze_Accelerator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brother did you find any way to fix this? My head is Aching from researching about this i didn't even sleep

Any hero to solve this mystery?
Not yet unfortunately. I'm still at a loss too. I was told by someone that the files are actually encoded, making them appear corrupted. I guess we need to figure out how to get around the encoding. I'm starting to ask around about that now, but no luck yet.

Reactions: AHMEDaak

AHMEDaak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Not yet unfortunately. I'm still at a loss too. I was told by someone that the files are actually encoded, making them appear corrupted. I guess we need to figure out how to get around the encoding. I'm starting to ask around about that now, but no luck yet.
If you find any solution Please Email me At Akc12beta2 @Gmail. com or Text me on telegram @AHMEDaak I will appreciate it.

khj951218

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
I've searched several sites and finally found a way to fix the yugioh go rush game swizzled texture.
Here's the sample fix texture.

Attachments

• SP_UI_Sum_Y17979-fix.png
    SP_UI_Sum_Y17979-fix.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 113
Last edited by khj951218,
Reactions: KallinikZed

khj951218

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Here's the way I found it.
1. Use UABEA or Asset Studio to extract texture2d files to png(not sprite files)
2. Then, go to the URL address written at the bottom and download the "win-x64_2.zip" of the bottom article.
URL -
address.png

3. Drag and drop your exported png to "FixSwitchTextures.exe"(one by one drag and drop)
4. Then the swizzled png will be converted to the fixed png.

KallinikZed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
1. Use UABEA or Asset Studio to extract texture2d files to png(not sprite files)
2. Then, go to the URL address written at the bottom and download the "win-x64_2.zip" of the bottom article.
URL -View attachment 348168
3. Drag and drop your exported png to "FixSwitchTextures.exe"(one by one drag and drop)
Pure genius sir! Works perfectly, thanks a ton!!!

AHMEDaak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
OH MY GOD, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU, YOU ARE A GENIUS!!!!! RESSPEECCTTT

You are a legend bro, may i ask if you know any way to extract files from an nsp update file? other than yuzu and ryujinx because these extract the base game only

Last edited by AHMEDaak,

Blaze_Accelerator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much! I've been going crazy trying to figure this out! By the way, do you know how to extract the .bundle files? I can only see a handful of the images in Asset Studio.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OH MY GOD, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU, YOU ARE A GENIUS!!!!! RESSPEECCTTT

You are a legend bro, may i ask if you know any way to extract files from an nsp update file? other than yuzu and ryujinx because these extract the base game only
nxdumptool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM