Undertale creator Toby Fox releases new game called Deltarune

IMG_2110.PNG

As teased yesterday by Toby Fox, creator of the mega-hit indie game Undertale, his next project has been revealed as a game called Deltarune. The short game is a free download for Windows and OSX, and appears to be a working demo that is being used as a teaser, rather than a full experience. Its title, Deltarune, is also a reference to Undertale, being an anagram of the latter's name as well as the visuals sporting callbacks to certain moments from the 2015 game. Toby Fox claims that he wishes to begin a new game, and that this teaser was released to garner player feedback. On the download page, you can see "warnings" that tell the player to "refrain from discussion" until 24 hours have passed, and "accepting everything that will happen from now on". If you run the free game, it'll notably trigger Windows Defender, to which you'll have to disregard the message it gives you, and run it anyway. Right now it's not known what entirely this game is composed of, but if you're a fan of Undertale, it could be a fun Halloween treat.

* THERE MAY BE MOVING OR FLASHING IMAGERY.
* YOU MAY HAVE TO OVERRIDE SECURITY PROTOCOLS TO USE THE PROGRAM.
* FOR PUBLIC SAFETY, YOU ARE ADVISED TO REFRAIN FROM DISCUSSION OF THE PROGRAM FOR 24 HOURS.
* YOU ACCEPT EVERYTHING THAT WILL HAPPEN FROM NOW ON.

:arrow: Source

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to be sure, since I did read that this did trip some warnings in modern windows, does it check out? any undue surprises in the download? Naturally, trying to be careful before I go download it myself.

Reactions: x65943

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to be sure, since I did read that this did trip some warnings in modern windows, does it check out? any undue surprises in the download? Naturally, trying to be careful before I go download it myself.
Yeah, it's confirmed by many many people to be safe.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Spoilers for people who beat it:
There's a secret boss. If you go back to the second to last elevator, it has an option for ???. After going there, the rest is fairly self explanatory. If you need help with the locations, B is somewhere in the middle of the forest on the screen with the dancers, C is to the right and up from the shop. After that, good luck, it's no joke (though no Sans either).

Enryx25

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
We don't know if it's a sequel, a prequel, or a side-story, but it includes many new and original characters, alongside new music and battle system.
This is only a demo, not the full game. Things might change depend on our feedback once it's complete.
Until then, enjoy the demo :)

P.S: Fun Fact: Delta Rune is also the name of the crest of the royal family which you see everywhere in Undertale.
It's not a demo. It's the chapter 1 of Deltarune.

Traiver

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Undertale is on the switch so they probably made a romhack using Undertale as the base (people were able to load entirely different game maker games over it, so Delta Rune would probably work even better).

Or it's just a fake image.
It's first, kind of... It works just fine but controlling up and down is reversed, so I must fix that first.

Reactions: ImCarlosGG

IHOP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As someone who was literally addicted to undertale, and has been a JRPG fan all of his life:
Imagine undertale was more of a classic style turn based RPG but still with those cool ass bullet hell mechanics.
This demo is great. I cannot wait to give toby more of my money when this game comes out.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I beat it, and apparently there's a chapter 2 coming. Really hyped for that.
It seems like a prequel, but who knows if chapter 2 is going to continue where chapter 1 left off or if it'll be set in a different time period.
Haven't been able to beat the optional boss yet, but I will eventually.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

THYPLEX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Don't open this unless you want spoilers
This is undertale 2. This is the first chapter. This chapter is about 2h30m long. A little more serious at first but will remind you more of undertale in hour 2
This is WHAAAT ?!
(I won't say anything , but i'm a bit surprised)

Reactions: x65943
D

Deleted User

I love undertale! I’m glad to see Toby back in action. Does anyone know if it’s made in the same program as undertale? If it was made using the same engine we could use switch homebrew to run the game with layeredFS
Gamemaker Studio is used for Undertale and Deltarune. So it might work.

Reactions: THYPLEX

IHOP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just beat it, took around 3 hours with me getting up every 10 minutes to pass out Halloween candy..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Btw i feel so stupid as i just realized DeltaRune is just Undertale with the letters all jumbled

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Plus studio quality MP3's do exist, they are just like 512Kbps and are huge ass files lol