Homebrew Undertale DS rev 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenMcM

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it will just be lower res most likeley because it only is taxing on the gpu if it has to push many frames
the worst that will happen is the game drop to 30fps instead of 60

iannoah440

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
it will just be lower res most likeley because it only is taxing on the gpu if it has to push many frames
the worst that will happen is the game drop to 30fps instead of 60

Yes, some graphic assets like the battle gui will be edited into a smaller size (half). another thing is animated battle sprites, idk if those are completely possible to implent in DS Game Maker so I guess for now those are just regulair images.

Reactions: Zense

BlackJames

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why would a DS game be written in Lua? That's like trying to write a PC game in VBScript: completely wrong tool for the job. (Never mind that the original Lua interpreter itself is written in C, as is the microLua port for DS.)

For the record: On 3DS, I've only ever experienced input lag in homebrew titles written in Lua, which is rather amazing.
Ok, ok ! I didn't known, I've created a little game with microLua :3

Reactions: iannoah440

Pomegrenade

photon readings negative
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, some graphic assets like the battle gui will be edited into a smaller size (half). another thing is animated battle sprites, idk if those are completely possible to implent in DS Game Maker so I guess for now those are just regulair images.
Well I may be able to work around these issues, because I dont use DSGM, but I code in C++ with PALib

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Why would a DS game be written in Lua? That's like trying to write a PC game in VBScript: completely wrong tool for the job. (Never mind that the original Lua interpreter itself is written in C, as is the microLua port for DS.)

For the record: On 3DS, I've only ever experienced input lag in homebrew titles written in Lua, which is rather amazing.
Lua is a pretty cool language, and the input lag was most likely the fault of the person writing the game. Either that or the Lua interpreter is screwed up.

Sent from my cave of despair where I collect souls

D

Deleted User

You ever plan on putting the source code on github? Would be nice

Pomegrenade

photon readings negative
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
You ever plan on putting the source code on github? Would be nice
I have the code saved and backed up (so that I won't lose it :P), but this homebrew is still being worked on and the code is sort of messy, so I'm not going to put it on github as of now, but maybe sometime in the future...

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted-379826

If you are gonna play it on a emulator on pc, why not just play the official game? :wtf:

I can't wait, i wanna play it on my wii u. :P
I thought that too for a second but then I realized he's probably gonna play it on his phone. Even then I believe there is an android portish kinda thing for undertale.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought that too for a second but then I realized he's probably gonna play it on his phone. Even then I believe there is an android portish kinda thing for undertale.
I thought drastic was a pc only emulator. I'm not really up to date on NDS emulators on android. I can't wrap my head around needing two screens to play a game, while on android and not having buttons or a stylus. :wtf:

D

Deleted-379826

I thought drastic was a pc only emulator. I'm not really up to date on NDS emulators on android. I can't wrap my head around needing two screens to play a game, while on android and not having buttons or a stylus. :wtf:
Actually I don't even know if drastic has a pc version at all, but I know for sure it's the best mobile emulator out there. But yeah, totally agree with you, I'll always like the original hardware!

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I don't even know if drastic has a pc version at all, but I know for sure it's the best mobile emulator out there. But yeah, totally agree with you, I'll always like the original hardware!
I suppose if android tablets could perhaps make use of the chromecast multi screen, it can somewhat be goo enough for playing NDS/3DS emulators. But so far i haven't seen any kind of hax or mods for chromecast devices. Though i guess it wouldn't require a hack for the devices it self, just a programming of the app to feature such a function.

D

Deleted-379826

I suppose if android tablets could perhaps make use of the chromecast multi screen, it can somewhat be goo enough for playing NDS/3DS emulators. But so far i haven't seen any kind of hax or mods for chromecast devices. Though i guess it wouldn't require a hack for the devices it self, just a programming of the app to feature such a function.
Ehhh that sounds cool but I doubt something like that is possible or will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: j