Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@HellsMalice

If you find Deus Ex, Dungeon Siege, Hitman and Tomb Raider non-AAA, but Final Fantasy XIII somehow manages to fit into the AAA category then I'm afraid your definition of AAA is alien to 95% of the world. Sorry, but FFXIII was Square's way of saying "leave us alone, we just want to film movies" to a great number of critics.
The problem is what defines what is a Triple A game?
Wikipedia claims it to be "A colloquial adjective referring to the large budget video games, and is generally associated with a high level of quality. Game development studios that create AAA games are also known as AAA studios." but is this right or just a general rule of thumb when finding which game is a AAA game.
Some large budget and quality games like Rayman Origins sold badly so sales doesn't define a triple A game.
What is a large budget?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
NO FINAL FANTASY XIII PLEASE!

For all things that is holy, please Square Enix, do not put that piece of shit out on the WiiU. You already fucked up the Final Fantasy franchise, don't start bringing your shit to the new console.

Reactions: 1 person

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
I really want to play FFXIII, despite the popular opinion that "It sucks balls", however, my lack of current gen consoles (I only have a Wii that's has essentially been replaced with Dolphin), prevent my doing so.

Therefore, completely ignoring the purpose of the poll, I have voted FFXIII.

Though I seriously think that its a FF game of some kind, and it doesn't make much sense to release a sequel on a platform where most prospective buyers may not have played the first one. I just realized that I described pretty much the exact scenario with Mass Effect. Oh well

MarinoKadame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guess they gonna give us some kind of Dragon Quest game. Yeah just checked and we gonna have Dragon Quest X: The Five Awakening Races Online.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
I dont have any idea what its going to be but if its Terranigma then im going to cry, one game iv wanted ported for years and for it to get ported to that flop-bound mess of a console...

gundalf

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh boy i wish you people guesses where right but the only SE Game with English documentation/western engine is The Last Remnant and i doubt that.
So yeah, it will be probably an EIDOS game.

D

Deleted_171835

It's Tomb Raider guys.

The game was already rumoured for the Wii U before, it's a 2013 title and a Western game (to give to a Western dev).

Deus Ex Human Revolution - Doesn't really fit the WII, isn't really AAA either
I would argue that it fits the system the best. The tablet controller would work well with choosing augmentations and the hacking elements.

And it is an AAA game.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@HellsMalice

If you find Deus Ex, Dungeon Siege, Hitman and Tomb Raider non-AAA, but Final Fantasy XIII somehow manages to fit into the AAA category then I'm afraid your definition of AAA is alien to 95% of the world. Sorry, but FFXIII was Square's way of saying "leave us alone, we just want to film movies" to a great number of critics.

Totally late reply. FFXIII at least looked pretty and had good music. Deux Ex was boring and dull...and grey, Dungeon Siege...I admit I only played the third one, and that game doesn't even survive being fun outside of a 15 minute window, and the graphics aren't great, Hitman is meh, and Tomb Raider I did admit was somehow AAA despite being awful. If any of those are actually AAA, I fear for the future of gaming. FFXIII isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be honestly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 90K it's fine lol