Homebrew Unlock everything on Mario Maker 3DS without mario challenge?

nachuz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
How I can unlock everything on mario maker 3ds without playing mario challenge? you can't use saves from the Internet as saves are system specific and the only save editor there was deleted

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

hakd88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You probably could use Checkpoint on both consoles to transfer the save data.
  1. 'Backup' the save data for the game, 'backup' the extdata, and turn off both consoles.
  2. Take out the microSD card from the 3DS, put it into your computer, copy \3ds\Checkpoint to somewhere, and put the microSD card back AFTER safely ejecting it.
  3. Now, do the same, but with your 2DS and put it where you put your backups.
  4. Once you have done all of this, delete the \3ds\Checkpoint on your 2DS microSD card and copy the Checkpoint folder from your 3ds into the 3ds folder on your 2DS microSD card.
  5. Go into Checkpoint on your 2DS, and 'restore' the savedata and extdata backups.
  6. Now, try playing the game!
NOTE: It won't work if you use a game cart and you have already played it on your 2DS.
NOTE2: If you use a game cart, have it in your 3ds, except for the third and last steps where it should be in your 2ds.
NOTE3: I haven't tested it, because I have only one 3ds! This is why we backed up the 2ds save data before overwriting it.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No Checkpoint will not successfully transfer Mario Maker saves even for eshop verions. MM will detect that the save data came from another system and start you from the beginning.

hakd88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
No, let me explain how it probably works on a cartridge version. (Also works with .cia versions)
SMM uses data on both the cartridge and 3ds, which is how it detects it is on another 3ds. Since we copied the extdata (cartridge save data) and savedata (the 3ds savedata), it cannot figure out that it is used on another 3ds this way.
The only way it would detect this is by using console-unique numbers and putting them in the savedata. Even if it does this, you can get around it by:
  1. Editing the save data, which is difficult and it could be encrypted, or
  2. Swapping both console's unique id. WARNING: This option could brick your 3DS/2DS if not done correctly! Make NAND backups and use at your own risk! You will know a bit about the console unique numbers if you un-banned your 3DS/2DS.

QUESTIONS:
  • Have you got the gamecart version? If yes, have you used it on your 2DS?
  • Have you actually tried what I said earlier?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof