Homebrew Unofficial 3DS RetroArch builds

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This build doesn’t seem to want to load my Bios and the memory card is corrupted or not readable in any of the games I’ve tried. It is significantly faster in all games however and doesn’t seem to crash! I’m using the CIA Version. Have any advice? SOTN tried to format the memory card and says that it’s corrupt. THPS2 just continually tried to load.
I was able to save and load with the 3dsx version in spyro and sotn.

You don't have any speedhacks enabled do you?

justinweiss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This build doesn’t seem to want to load my Bios and the memory card is corrupted or not readable in any of the games I’ve tried. It is significantly faster in all games however and doesn’t seem to crash! I’m using the CIA Version. Have any advice? SOTN tried to format the memory card and says that it’s corrupt. THPS2 just continually tried to load.

I'd guess that it's something with how the CIA was built -- I don't really understand that process.

Rj.MoG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd guess that it's something with how the CIA was built -- I don't really understand that process.
Well I really appreciate your work on this still, I’ll get the 3dsx version on my SD card tomorrow and give it a shot. It’s nice to see steady work in this. It’s gotten to the point where everything id personally want to play runs fullspeed!

Reactions: justinweiss

someguy12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you use the core, make sure you go to Core Settings, set the "CD Access Method" to "Asynchronous", and restart RetroArch. Otherwise the new setting won't take effect. The setting is close to the bottom, near XA Decoding / CD Audio.

Hiya - having a problem. I don't see these setting at all under Settings -> Core. Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

I'm using the 3dsx version you posted here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/unofficial-3ds-retroarch-builds.462252/page-15#post-8964087

MrHuu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@justinweiss
This is how i've been building both .3dsx and .cia:

- build pcsx_rearmed_libretro_ctr.a
- copy to 'retroarch/dist-scripts/'
- from here, run ./dist-cores.sh ctr

Should be as easy as that.
Builds are located at /retroarch/pkg/ctr/build/

'dist-cores.sh' builds all core libraries ( *_libretro_ctr.a ) found next to it.

Here's an up-to-date .cia build with @justinweiss 's threaded-audio and lighting-blending branches merged.

Attachments

• pcsx_rearmed_libretro_CIA_08-03-2020.7z
    1.2 MB · Views: 181
Last edited by MrHuu, , Reason: typo

delnirui

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Haven't had much time for playing with this, but now you've mentioned it,
I've encountered a seemingly random crash in-game once.
After playing V-Rally 3 for about 5 min. Unfortunately don't have the crashlog for this one.
Haven't had any crashes since tho.

Most crashes seem to occur on loading time, while starting a rom.

I also had crashes upon creating a new game in Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2.
Both logs are included, together with the log of DKC 2 crashing on restart right after.

I tried DKC 1 & 2 and didn't get any crashes while starting a new game. Haven't played very far though.
Could also play through Metroid Fusion without any issues.

(Using latest gpSP build included in 2020-03-06_RetroArch nightly)

Reactions: Zense

Isegrim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Regarding PSX ReArmed
Bug report (nightly) 1.8.5 - 2020-03-10 / stable 1.8.3

Front Mission 3 (NTSC U) (PBP, CHD, BIN not tested yet): participial / half black screen early on during an escape mission. Crashed 4 out 4 tries so far. Overall playtime 1h 44m. I attached my srm savefile, if anyone wants to check it out.

Partiality black screens occurred all of the sudden more frequently after more playtime. Initial impression of the game was very good / very playable with only minor shadow bugs and slight frame drops within battle.
FM3 is one of 2 game i encountered out of 30+ tested games that crashes so badly. And it's the one I tested / played for the longest so far.

Attachments

• Front_Mission_3_Save_SRM_(U).7z
    5.7 KB · Views: 146
Last edited by Isegrim,

MrHuu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Here are a few cores which should be capable of 2 player button mapping.

As discussed in this thread: Single-Device Retroarch Multiplayer?

This also includes an experimental TGB-Dual build.
It's fully capable of running a single rom twice alongside and has linking abilities. Pokemon linking works fine.
Loading a second, different, rom makes it crash..

Attachments

• mame2003_libretro_CIA_20-04-2020.7z
    4.7 MB · Views: 145
  • genesis_plus_gx_libretro_CIA_20-04-2020.7z
    1,002.1 KB · Views: 128
  • fbalpha2012_cps2_libretro_CIA_20-04-2020.7z
    807.1 KB · Views: 137
  • snes9x2005_libretro_CIA_20-04-2020.7z
    811.7 KB · Views: 147
  • pcsx_rearmed_libretro_CIA_20-04-2020.7z
    1.2 MB · Views: 134
  • tgbdual_libretro_CIA_20-04-2020.7z
    706.6 KB · Views: 114

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

It's fully capable of running a single rom twice alongside and has linking abilities. Pokemon linking works fine.
Wow that was quick! Check this out @Plasmaster09 ! Thanks! I'll have a try at all of them and see how it works. I was curious about TGB Dual too since there are a couple of GB games I'd be interested to play with linking as well :yay3ds:

Now I hope your work can be merged to main branch soon so that potentially more people can enjoy this!

Last edited by Zense,
Reactions: MrHuu

kenseiden

i am overflow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Gonna give that Genesis Plus GX core a test because there’s one Master System game, Cyborg Hunter, that requires a second controller to access the submenu. I should be able to map both controllers to one device (i.e. a single 3DS) is what I’m understanding here, correct?

Reactions: MrHuu and Zense

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Gonna give that Genesis Plus GX core a test because there’s one Master System game, Cyborg Hunter, that requires a second controller to access the submenu. I should be able to map both controllers to one device (i.e. a single 3DS) is what I’m understanding here, correct?
Yep that's how it works and I'd completely forgotten that a lot of Master System games actually do that. Wonder Boy 3 does that with the second controller as well actually. Maybe Golden Axe Warrior as well. It was to avoid you having to go all the way to the console and press the pause button located on it every time.

Reactions: kenseiden

Gamecuber

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Could anyone give a hint on how to compile RetroArch under Windows? I have tried it according to Libretro's documentaion, but failed.

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow that was quick! Check this out @Plasmaster09 ! Thanks! I'll have a try at all of them and see how it works. I was curious about TGB Dual too since there are a couple of GB games I'd be interested to play with linking as well :yay3ds:

Now I hope your work can be merged to main branch soon so that potentially more people can enjoy this!
OH HECK YEAH.
I missed this til now lol
But oh my god I cannot wait to try them out

Reactions: Zense

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I tried all of them out yesterday and they worked amazing. I only had a problem with FBA2012 since I could not get it to work, but that is my fault. Multiplayer worked great in all of the others.

My only negative was that I found out that SNES9x 2005 has inherent issues with most of the games I want to play on it, either ranging from very uneven FPS (50-60. DKC3 and Secret of Mana) or the games don't run at all (Super Bomberman 4 and 5). I see that SNES9X 2002 plays these at a decent FPS, although with less accuracy but I'd rather have that.

I was wondering if it would be possible to implement this in SNES9X 2002 if of course you have time and want to @MrHuu ? SNES9X 2002 doesn't really allow remapping at all so I don't know if this is even possible on the 3DS in its current state?

Already appreciate your work and seeing Final Fantasy IX on PS1 run with multiplayer yesterday was great!

Last edited by Zense,

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried all of them out yesterday and they worked amazing. I only had a problem with FBA2012 since I could not get it to work, but that is my fault. Multiplayer worked great in all of the others.

My only negative was that I found out that SNES9x 2005 has inherent issues with most of the games I want to play on it, either ranging from very uneven FPS (50-60. DKC3 and Secret of Mana) or the games don't run at all (Super Bomberman 4 and 5). I see that SNES9X 2002 plays these at a decent FPS, although with less accuracy but I'd rather have that.

I was wondering if it would be possible to implement this in SNES9X 2002 if of course you have time and want to @MrHuu ? SNES9X 2002 doesn't really allow remapping at all so I don't know if this is even possible on the 3DS in its current state?

Already appreciate your work and seeing Final Fantasy IX on PS1 run with multiplayer yesterday was great!
Maybe a mishmash build of 2002 with remaps from 2005 would work?
Also, I can’t even get PS1 games to run well. I’m using CHD roms and tweaking all the settings towards “fast, looks shitty but it’s ok” and it only hits 30fps or above if I’m LUCKY.
How do I do it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision the new...