Homebrew Update 11.3 and homebrew

Shikkichu

A little Pika girl~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not sure, i usually loaded the a9lh only by powering up the 3ds...i guess its not from gateway...so should i be fine if i update isnt it? PD: Sorry for my bad english and my noob knowledge :(
Thanks in advance!
Did you follow https://3ds.guide/ ? If so, then you're good, you'd have to go out of your way to use gateway then xD

Reactions: JustKasto

Shikkichu

A little Pika girl~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i am taking programming classes in computer science so i should soon be able to do some sort of thing to help people out
What languages are they teaching you? I personally never want to school, I learned at a very young age as did my mother because her dad was a programmer for one of those old "box machines" XD
It helps to be a jack of all trades sometimes, unless you get confused while coding and have to wipe and redo your programs xD

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my guess is that if they are teaching it in school, its most likely to be something like java or python. My most recent computer programming class dropped C out of their syllabus because they didn't feel like setting up the dev environment on their computers. So annoying.

Shikkichu

A little Pika girl~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to know, what (exactly) is gspwn?
* What it is
gspwn "The GSP Module" is a gpu exploit, it's used to access parts of the physical memory which has been used back as far as 3.0.

* How it work and why it's important
Its used to overwrite the .text segment of the application you're running under, and gain real code-execution from a ROP-chain.
This is why gspwn plays a crucial part in running homebrew payloads for those who are in userland.

Last edited by Shikkichu,

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i am taking programming classes in computer science so i should soon be able to do some sort of thing to help people out
Hate to break it to you, but by the time you ever have the skills necessary to do something like this, if you will at all, the 3DS scene will be long dead. I'm not saying you should give up, but your goal here is way too ambitious. You should worry about learning how to program before trying to make a kernel exploit for the 3DS.

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
Hate to break it to you, but by the time you ever have the skills necessary to do something like this, if you will at all, the 3DS scene will be long dead. I'm not saying you should give up, but your goal here is way too ambitious. You should worry about learning how to program before trying to make a kernel exploit for the 3DS.
Let this person do what they want. Besides, I'm sure most exploits were found through trial and error.

BlueLeafeon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gspwn: Patched :(

Ninjhax: Needs Payload + Gspwn

Freakyhax: Needs Payload + Gspwn

Soundhax: Needs Payload + Gspwn
Hold up. If GSpwn is patched, how can you use it to do these other things?

Also, I have Luma; is it safe to update yet, or are they still working on it?

Jouzai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a place where i can find some homebrew cias that don't require me to enter homebrew for luma??

Gitaroo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got a new 3ds that is on fw 11.2 that is turned off. As long as I don't connect online I can still go through the 3dsguide modding right?

drsalvador555

Japanese Game Translation Editor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a new 3ds that is on fw 11.2 that is turned off. As long as I don't connect online I can still go through the 3dsguide modding right?
You need to be connected online for at least a few portions (I think you need the 2.1 web browser so yeah) and the 3DS will DOWNLOAD the update, but it will never FORCE you to update (so far) but it will ask you to upgrade, just say no if asked. You should be fine.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Well... Smea did find a way around I believe
As for A9LH systems, worst case, kernel exploits go public

No, for a9lh systems the worst case is either the payloads and hbl cia are modified to use svcbackdoor (which was re-added by Luma after being fixed/removed by a firmware update) or the same thing that happened with svcbackdoor being removed and then added back in by CFW will happen to gspwn.

Reactions: Shikkichu

Deleted member 411764

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What languages are they teaching you? I personally never want to school, I learned at a very young age as did my mother because her dad was a programmer for one of those old "box machines" XD
It helps to be a jack of all trades sometimes, unless you get confused while coding and have to wipe and redo your programs xD
C++, Python scripts and more

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo becomes responsible for 2024s virus +1