Homebrew Update 11.3 and homebrew

Shikkichu

A little Pika girl~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so, is the HBL Cia's payload updated yet?
Doesn't matter, here's why
1. New nightlys of cfw are stubbing this new garbo to allow 11.2 payloads to work, just rename them.
2. HBL cia never needs to be updated unless a new kernel exploit is released, and if that was the case it'd most likely be for CFW users only, the only people who truly use and need hbl are those in userland, there's honestly not much use for it when you have CFW (Unless you program your own homebrew apps for userland) as most HBL apps are in CIA format and can be found with FBI>TitlesDB

Reactions: Meliodas2255

Meliodas2255

It makes sense
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. New nightlys of cfw are stubbing this new garbo to allow 11.2 payloads to work, just rename them.
2. HBL cia never needs to be updated unless a new kernel exploit is released, and if that was the case it'd most likely be for CFW users only, the only people who truly use and need hbl are those in userland, there's honestly not much use for it when you have CFW (Unless you program your own homebrew apps for userland) as most HBL apps are in CIA format and can be found with FBI>TitlesDB
Do you know if this work on o3ds as well?

Shikkichu

A little Pika girl~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you know if this work on o3ds as well?
It should it worked on my LumaN3DS (Just upgrade to the latest nightly build), I changed a few lines of code in my cfw thanks to checking out luma, and works on my o3ds though most of it is coded differently, however it should work the same with luma on o3ds I believe

LucaP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'd suggest finding the latest cart update you can. I don't know about a cart update messing with the browser, but if you really want to, you can find a specific update for each version. I think if you want to find a 9.2 Old 3DS firmware, you can find it pretty easy. Just do some googling and you should be able to find it. Forums like this are your friends, I don't have any links myself, but if you ask for a specific firmware, you may be able to find it. Just stay on 11.2 or lower for now and when the homebrew for 11.3 is out, the you could update to that officially.
Thanks, I updated to 11.0.0U using my Pokemon Moon cart, and, well, I can't use the browser, but if i remember right, in the safehax process using soundhax, the browser is only used when the system is downgraded to 2.1, right? Sorry if this isn't the right place to be asking this.

drsalvador555

Japanese Game Translation Editor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I updated to 11.0.0U using my Pokemon Moon cart, and, well, I can't use the browser, but if i remember right, in the safehax process using soundhax, the browser is only used when the system is downgraded to 2.1, right? Sorry if this isn't the right place to be asking this.
It's no big deal, and yes, you use the browser to run the program in 2.1 and nothing else, so you should be fine. For your sake I hope you followed the golden rule: Always make a NAND backup before you do anything.
And make sure you follow the guide to the letter, missing a single step may do nothing or it may cause you to brick. And nobody wants that.

Last edited by drsalvador555,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this update put the final nail in the rxTools coffin? I knew once NFIRM was forced rxTools would be at least temporarily dead, and last I checked the project was dead as well, meaning it is pretty much officially dead now.

Alex Huynh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You're asking if a patch for GW is available? Not yet that I know of. Gateway uses closed source information, so it'll take time to update support for 11.3 if they ever do it. It's similar to the situation of RxTools, except that iteration of RxTools is now officially dead. It uses the same principles GW does and that was patched by Nintendo in 11.3 so for now you're out of luck. My suggestion, is you make a Nand dump and install Luma+A9LH on your 3DS instead. Then you can turn around and sell your GW chip as an antique online (I'm kidding of course, but someone may want a GW chip for one reason or another I suppose)

im not exactly an expert with these things, so i guess i will just wait for a week or two, until someone official announce something like "There's no hope for GW rxtool fools (like me) who already update their game to 11.3, you're doom, better go switch to luma or sth".
One things i wonder is that if i switch from GW to luma, aL9h , will my game and it save stay? i do using a software (forgot name) to export most of the save and keep it sperately in my SD card though.

drsalvador555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im not exactly an expert with these things, so i guess i will just wait for a week or two, until someone official announce something like "There's no hope for GW rxtool fools (like me) who already update their game to 11.3, you're doom, better go switch to luma or sth".
One things i wonder is that if i switch from GW to luma, aL9h , will my game and it save stay? i do using a software (forgot name) to export most of the save and keep it sperately in my SD card though.
We've already established GW/RxTools is dead. At least as they are now, RxTools could be revived, and GW could update, but it's not looking promising. As for the saves, use SaveDataFiler to backup the saves to an extra SD card, then install Luma, and inject the saves from the extra SD card. It's what I'd do just to be safe.

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We've already established GW/RxTools is dead. At least as they are now, RxTools could be revived, and GW could update, but it's not looking promising. As for the saves, use SaveDataFiler to backup the saves to an extra SD card, then install Luma, and inject the saves from the extra SD card. It's what I'd do just to be safe.
Whats wrong with JKSM?

untok

Trophies
Website
romumaailma.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Finland

thx my hbl working now only renaming .bin on hbl folder in fbi. I alredy forget that option in cfw a9lh :)

drsalvador555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats wrong with JKSM?
Well, I don't know much about it. I just use SaveDataFiler. You're free to use whatever you like. Thinking back, I'm sure he could probably just dump his EmuNAND and follow a guide to inject it as a SysNAND too. It's all a matter of what you prefer. I don't pretend to know everything, I just know SaveDataFiler works great for me. Even lets me inject GB/GBC save games from the PC to my 3DS. Which is nice for games like Pokemon where I don't want to lose all my hard work.

Waveracer

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can somebody please explain what changes to do on a A9LH + Luma New 3DS to get HBL working again? I downloaded the new version and it doesn't work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: