Homebrew Update 11.3 and homebrew

drsalvador555

Japanese Game Translation Editor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help please. Today i updated my New 3DS XL. I installed the new otherapp but i cant launch homebrewlauncher.
Homebrew CIA 1.3 and Soundhax are not working for my. My other 3DS (old 3ds, 11.3 too) runs homebrew.
When I start the Homebrew Launcher on my New 3DS XL, I'm stuck with "the homemenu ropbin is ready". Then I will be thrown back into the homemenu with an error message.
Please help me.
I need homebrew!

Thanks in advance. :/
Make sure you're on the newest Homebrew Launcher CIA (V 1.3)

Reactions: DarthDub

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm that SoundHax works on latest firmware for U.S. New 3DS
That's already been known for a while. OP just hasn't updated in a while.
Edit: NVM it updated today, though it still doesn't show that NTR works on 11.3. In fact it was fixed a few days ago.
Edit2: And gspwn was already fixed as well.
Edit3: I also just tested Freakyhax with the latest otherapp.bin provided by smealum and got a successful launch

Last edited by TheCyberQuake,

Deleted member 414661

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
So, since Gspwn was fixed do I need to reinstall the hacked save and payload for OoT3Dhax?

I'll be getting CFW and A9LH at some point in the modest future but til then I just want to make sure.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So, since Gspwn was fixed do I need to reinstall the hacked save and payload for OoT3Dhax?

I'll be getting CFW and A9LH at some point in the modest future but til then I just want to make sure.
I hope you realise that there's no way to install A9LH/CFW from 11.3 at the moment.

To answer your question, if you only want to use userland homebrew on 11.3, then reinstalling OoThax will be necessary, I believe, though you should just use Soundhax.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I would like to mention that the latest nightly for Corbenik (Skeith) has been updated and works with 11.3. The reboot patches work as well
https://j.chaos.moe/job/Corbenik/

WinterStar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Help please. Today i updated my New 3DS XL. I installed the new otherapp but i cant launch homebrewlauncher.
Homebrew CIA 1.3 and Soundhax are not working for my. My other 3DS (old 3ds, 11.3 too) runs homebrew.
When I start the Homebrew Launcher on my New 3DS XL, I'm stuck with "the homemenu ropbin is ready". Then I will be thrown back into the homemenu with an error message.
Please help me.
I need homebrew!

I had the exact same issue and searched it for a bit and found some answers on Reddit. Apparently it has something to do with Homebrew not working with the Clock+L2 option on Luma. Not sure if you're running Luma though but if you are, try turning that off and then trying running Homebrew again.

Deleted member 414661

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
To answer your question, if you only want to use userland homebrew on 11.3, then reinstalling OoThax will be necessary, I believe, though you should just use Soundhax.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I haven't updated to 11.3 yet but just wanted to know this if I'm forced to.

Guigui92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I had the exact same issue and searched it for a bit and found some answers on Reddit. Apparently it has something to do with Homebrew not working with the Clock+L2 option on Luma. Not sure if you're running Luma though but if you are, try turning that off and then trying running Homebrew again.

I have the same issue but I'm stuck in the red screen just before the menu of homebrew channel load. The screenshot : https://imgur.com/OISQVP1
I'm running the latest Hourly of Luma ans the Clock+L2 is set to OFF :/

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I found what is the problem : the boot.3dsx file was missing in my N3DS (don't know why it was deleted)

Now it works like a charm !
good, you can turn the clockspeed back on btw :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@GalladeGuy Can you update OP if the payloads doesn't work or some error on loading homebrew from homebrew launcher to redownload starter.zip from Smealum?

Reactions: Guigui92

DendelDuckwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've fixed it! I went to the Luma Updater and hit "Install latest xxxxxx". After that was updated and now the Homebrew Launcher works! : D
Hopefully it is exactly the same with you! ^ ^

ripbull

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oot3dshax does not work in europe and asia.
We may need a payloads update.

The Haxsave folder does not contain: POST5_E_26624_9221 and POST5_J_26624_9221.
Or I do not know the solution.

drsalvador555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please help me.
I need homebrew!

Sorry, missed that you said you were on 1.3 CIA. The Higher Clock + L2 Cache messes with a certain Luma build. Just go to "Luma Updater" and go to the latest hourly build, that fixes it.
Edit: Oh for god's sake. It didn't show your post for some reason when it refreshed. So sick of my crumby net connection.

drsalvador555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Guys,
I used this tutorial a while ago ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...luding-emunand-coldboot-cia-installer.405589/ )
everything is good and I'm currently on emunand 11.2 , am I safe to update to 11.3 ?
Thanks
That depends, do you wanna have a bad time? Assuming you're on the CFW provided in the link (PastaCFW) you may want to migrate to Luma+A9LH, even the page you linked admits it stopped being supported like 6 months ago and that A9LH was superior. If you want to but you're not sure how, I just posted in another forum about how to move your emuNAND into sysNAND (emuNAND is unnecessary unless you're actively messing with the code or firmware, just keep backups of your NAND now and then instead). Here's a link to my post, right here. It was posted about 6 minutes before this post. Seriously, get on Luma. It's the best idea.

Guipradi

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello Guys,
I used this tutorial a while ago ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...luding-emunand-coldboot-cia-installer.405589/ )
everything is good and I'm currently on emunand 11.2 , am I safe to update to 11.3 ?
Thanks
Apparently only you can update to 11.3 using Luma as a CFW. the other ones aren't updated. If you already have Luma update to version 6.6 on Luma and now you should be able to update to 11.3. But I'm still somewhat sceptical

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Seems like you can. This guy updated Luma Emunand on 11.2 to 11.3 without updating the Sysnand

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk