Homebrew Update 11.7 and Homebrew

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know how to do that stuff. I am hack illiterate. It was hard for me putting a seedminer on my system and I still don't understand all the features on the NAND and godmode or what it means to dump your games, etc. Only thing I have used was the QR code for updating and using the freeshop and anemone.

There is a failsafe mode which Ninty uses to fix bricked systems that relies on booting a specially formatted DS mode cart. That combined with the sighax bootrom flaw, which is what makes boot9strap work, means it is possible to modify a DS flash cart to run our own "recovery" software which does not depend on anything on the NAND (built in storage). That is called ntrboot and is something that can't be patched.

Thus, it is possible to back up and restore the NAND data without needing custom firmware or anything. Not only that, but it is quite possible to have a mostly working 3ds system (aside from gba and ds mode software) even if the NAND chip was physically removed.

Pickle_Rick

I'm a pickle Morty!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it's safe for people who are n00bs to luma/homebew to update the nintendo update? Is there an update for homebrew? I am sorry if I am asking a question already asked.

Edit: All we do is download from the freeshop, play the games and play Pokemon.
Yeah, it's fine to update.

Reactions: saltysalamander

saltysalamander

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.eyebleach.me
XP
Country
United States
ok if you want to call people noobs that me

Ok if you want to call people noobs your a noob youself. Just because people don't have cfw is if they don't know about it or they just can't spend money on a flashcart or do the $2 meathod. Your a b*tch
I... I was calling myself a noob...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah, it's fine to update.
Thank you. I am extremely new to this and didn't want to brick the systems. I must admit, this is fun to learn how to do. Thank you for the reply! :D

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok if you want to call people noobs that me

Ok if you want to call people noobs your a noob youself. Just because people don't have cfw is if they don't know about it or they just can't spend money on a flashcart or do the $2 meathod. Your a b*tch

Are you okay @NightShadow8599 ? @saltysalamander did not mean to offend anyone. There's no shame in being a noobie. IT's just a phase you grow out of with experience.

saltysalamander

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.eyebleach.me
XP
Country
United States
Are you okay @NightShadow8599 ? @saltysalamander did not mean to offend anyone. There's no shame in being a noobie. IT's just a phase you grow out of with experience.
I apologize for calling myself a noob. I really didn't mean to cause a ruckus.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I believe I did in a previous post on the first page. I'm sorry you thought I was making fun of newbies. I am extremely fresh faced to this all.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize for calling myself a noob. I really didn't mean to cause a ruckus.
You have nothing to apologies for. Each and every one of us on this forum has been a noob at one point. There are various shades and levels of newbiness. It's how you carry yourself and conduct with others that matter. So long as you learn and ask insightful questions (after trying your hands at searching first), then it's okay not to know something.

Internet communication can be taken the wrong way because of the lack of context or misinterpretation. I think we need to take a step back, breathe, and continue figuring out what the schmuck update 11.7 does in terms of CFW>.

Reactions: saltysalamander

APEX PREDATOR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
please can someone tell me can i update to the new 11.7 while im on luma 8.1 the only reason im on the old version is because im using the ntr plugin for pokemon ultra sun and moon so my question is can i update on luma 8.1 thank you to any one who answer me

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please can someone tell me can i update to the new 11.7 while im on luma 8.1 the only reason im on the old version is because im using the ntr plugin for pokemon ultra sun and moon so my question is can i update on luma 8.1 thank you to any one who answer me
Read the OP. Both Luma and NTR work perfectly fine.

APEX PREDATOR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Read the OP. Both Luma and NTR work perfectly fine.
i did read the OP i just wasnt sure about the version knowing my luck if i have a out of date as in luma version 8.1 im on and i update then something will go wrong so even though im on luma 8.1 i CAN update to 11.7 THANK YOU thats all i needed to know

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did read the OP i just wasnt sure about the version knowing my luck if i have a out of date as in luma version 8.1 im on and i update then something will go wrong so even though im on luma 8.1 i CAN update to 11.7 THANK YOU thats all i needed to know

Backup, drag and derp the latest v9.0 luma's boot.firm on the root of SD card if you want to update while you're at it.
https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v9.0

Also might want to update boot9strap to v1.3:
https://github.com/SciresM/boot9strap/releases
https://github.com/d0k3/SafeB9SInstaller/releases

And GodMode9 too (luma/payloads folder):
https://github.com/d0k3/GodMode9/releases

Reactions: APEX PREDATOR

APEX PREDATOR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP

APEX PREDATOR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
right updated every thing you said on the list then updated my 3ds funny thing the date went to the yr 2035 any way every thing is good after the update i put back the ntr plugin back and every thing works thank you very much
TurdPooCharger

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Ahhhh ok