[UPDATE] 3D animated 'Sonic The Hedgehog' series coming to Netflix

IMG_20210201_182340.jpg

Neflix has officially announced that a new 3D animated series starring Sonic The Hedgehog is coming to the streaming platform. The news come from an official tweet, with an image that suggests the name of this series being Sonic Prime. It also mentions that SEGA, WildBrain Studio and Man of Action Entertainment (Ben10) will be involved in the production.

While the tweet does not reveal much more details, it does give the series a launch window for 2022.

[UPDATE]

Additional details about the series was revealed by WildBrain Studio. According to the latter, Sonic Prime will consist of 24 episodes that "draws upon the keystones of the brand and features the “Blue Blur” of video game fame in a high-octane adventure where the fate of a strange new multiverse rests in his gloved hands". They also added that "Sonic’s adventure is about more than a race to save the universe, it’s a journey of self-discovery and redemption".

It was also announced that WildBrain's Vancouver studio will animate the series, while SEGA and WildBrain will jointly participate across production, distribution and licensing. Man of Action Entertainment's role for Sonic Prime will be as showrunners and Executive Producers.

:arrow: SOURCE
:arrow: UPDATE SOURCE

Last edited by Prans,

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What a great time for the official Sonic voice actor to leave the role.

I'm hopeful for this one. I never watched the Sonic Boom show, but from what I've heard from other's it's not so bad. Specifically, it's a far cry from the games of the same name. I'm hoping Prime's more similar to Sonic X, SatAM, or even Adventures.
I wonder if they are planning to use the same new VA for the games and shows.

Would be a waste of a name, if it is another Boom show. Tho based on the people working on this, I doubt that's going to be the case. I'm not as... jaded as other people. So, if it anywhere close to Sonic X, I'll be happy. Not that I dislike a Boom-like show, but we already had that kind of show recently.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Those were better animated imho

All the fight scenes in sonic x are just panning across a shot

Maybe I remember them being better that they really were because I saw the show (save the going to space season that I saw on TV) in low quality video rips in Japanese.

Last edited by raxadian,

RyRyIV

Woke Clown
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if they are planning to use the same new VA for the games and shows.

Would be a waste of a name, if it is another Boom show. Tho based on the people working on this, I doubt that's going to be the case. I'm not as... jaded as other people. So, if it anywhere close to Sonic X, I'll be happy. Not that I dislike a Boom-like show, but we already had that kind of show recently.
Traditionally, the VA for the Sonic games ends up taking part in any concurrent animated shows. Jason Griffith voiced for both the games he was involved in, as well as Sonic X. Roger Craig Smith then took up the mantle for the games and voiced the character in the Sonic Boom show, as well as for his cameo in the Wreck-it Ralph films.

This is part of why I believe Ben Schwartz should take on the mantle full time. I liked him as the live action Sonic (an opinion I didn't expect to be controversial), and thought his voice fit the character. The natural next step would be to integrate him into the other aspects of the character. That said, I can understand the argument to keep the live action film and any games/animated shows as separate entities.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
still sucks Archie lost the rights to IDW I'd love to see a closer representation of another SATAM more in tune with their comics and in 3D A mecha sonic vs Mecha knuckles fight would be boss for an extended fight animated

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3