Hacking UPDATE 4.0.0 RELEASED

boscocraftXD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, like always the switch has a new update.... and this one is major. We can now transfer saves from one console to the next.... could this be a possible exploit? Or do you think Nintendo is going to make this overly difficult?

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by V-Temp,
Reactions: NekoMichi

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The instructions state that both systems need to be connected to the Internet, but it doesn't mention both have to be on the same network.

This update also includes 30 second video recording (…only for ARMS, Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and Splatoon 2), synchronizing game updates with nearby consoles, and pre-loading eShop games… Oh, and apparently new icons from Odyssey and Breath of the Wild.

Jacobh

Trophies
XP
Country
Naw, I think when you deactivate one console and activate another on the same Nintendo Account it will transfer the data over. That means all save data is uploaded to a server when an internet connection is available.

The instructions seems like it will work the same way as the 3DS system transfer. So the data goes through Nintendo servers, but it's more of a direct transfer than a backup / restore.

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Server authentication is the biggest problem here, and unique Switch signage.

I wonder if a blacklisted Switch could even transfer saves. :unsure: Probably not.

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The instructions seems like it will work the same way as the 3DS system transfer. So the data goes through Nintendo servers, but it's more of a direct transfer than a backup / restore.
Yeah I read that now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

At leat we got system transfer much earlier than the Wii U. We didn't get the fricking system transfer till 2015 on it, and it was so freaking slow, beause it was sending the data through the Gamepad IR sensor.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Server authentication is the biggest problem here, and unique Switch signage.

I wonder if a blacklisted Switch could even transfer saves. :unsure: Probably not.
Yeah no, not gonna happen.

Last edited by aykay55,

_______

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.