Hacking UPDATE 4.0.0 RELEASED

_______

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
-Slooooooooow storage. (game cards and internal storage are even slower than MicroSD)

I think internal one is a little faster, but just a little. Regarding the rest you are right. I'd say BotW and Splatoon 2 is good, others not so much, and BotW is not a Switch exclusive. Costs as much as a PS4 slim and some places even cost the same as a PS4 Pro, I can't really justify the price tag. (Tho I bought 2 of them just to do LAN party.)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. I think it's a shit system. Far and away the worst I've ever owned:

-90% of the titles are games that have superior versions, on better platforms, for less money.
-It has basically no value added features.
-It's more expensive (without even including all the extra shit you need to buy) than hardware that is vastly superior.
-Still no way to backup or copy your save data. Just migration.
-It's portability is touted but it has the shittiest WiFi known to man.
-Joy-cons are the most unergonomic controller I've ever used.
-Doesn't come with a regular controller. ($70 extra)
-Doesn't come with sufficient storage. The only way to increase storage is to buy MicroSD cards which are expensive relative to hard drives.
-Doesn't come with glass on the display. Gotta supply your own.
-Doesn't come with an ethernet port. Gotta supply your own.
-No integrated online service.
-Slooooooooow storage. (game cards and internal storage are even slower than MicroSD)
-Weak as balls. Only a small step up from the Wii U. It's much weaker than hardware that launched four years ago which itself was thought to be too weak for the time.
-For something that is supposed to work as a portable it's not very portable.

There are some good things though:
-Plays first and second party Nintendo games
-Portable enough to take to the toilet.

I had that pent up for a while. I was trying real hard not to shit on it because I know people like it. I just don't get it. It's so shit.

Sorry, you asked.

Then maybe you should've never gotten one, since, you know, this is clearly not aimed at you and this like-minded demographic. What the actual hell do you expect from a portable/tablet, PS4 Pro equivalent power? Please let me know when you can find a portable with that power, that's 300 dollars, and has a good battery.

At least back up your criticisms next time.

- Micro SD cards are only what, 20 dollars for 64 GB? If you can spend 300 dollars, you can get an SD card.
- The games are fine as-is, so are the ports, again, what do you expect with a portable hybrid console?
- WiFi works fine on my end, don't use a shitty ISP or router and you're fine
- 90% is hyperbole, anyone can make up statistics, At least back up your BS claims.

"Weak as balls"

Gee, really? Did you expect a quad core Intel Extreme i9 processor with 32 GB of RAM and an SLI setup with two 8 GB GTX Titan 1080 GPUs? Oh dear, this console really isn't for you. It's a bloody portable/hybrid console, stop bitching about the hardware not being up to your ridiculous standards. At least try to come up with a compelling argument instead of something half-assed and come across as bitter, I'll be waiting.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

-90% of the titles are games that have superior versions, on better platforms, for less money.
-It's more expensive (without even including all the extra shit you need to buy) than hardware that is vastly superior.
-Doesn't come with sufficient storage. The only way to increase storage is to buy MicroSD cards which are expensive relative to hard drives.
-Weak as balls. Only a small step up from the Wii U. It's much weaker than hardware that launched four years ago which itself was thought to be too weak for the time.

I had that pent up for a while. I was trying real hard not to shit on it because I know people like it. I just don't get it. It's so shit.

Sorry, you asked.
Contrary to some of your points:

• All these games can be played anywhere anytime, not a handheld nor a console, but both. Yes, it may have bad internet, and is expensive, and plays games worse than its competitors, but it's also unbelievably portable
  • There is a way to backup save data
  • If you can afford a Switch + Games you can afford 20-30 bucks for a MicroSD
  • Joy-Cons are very ergonomic
  • Most people use Wi-Fi instead of Ethernet, and you can run down to your local Target and pick one up for like 2 bucks
  • Switch Online? XBox Live didn't come out at release either.
  • It is not slow. Vague claim.
  • Evidence about it's hardware being old? It has an Nvidia!

Last edited by aykay55,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tbh, Switch homebrew just isn't worth it. The Switch is far more enjoyable without it.

You guys gotta agree with me on this, at least.
I'm starting to feel that way. I'll hold out until we see homebrew, and then judge if it's worth even going so far as buying a another for new games. I love homebrew and all, but unless we get something to play more than just the first 6 months of released games (legally, as in a purchased copy) staying this low won't be worth it. But I can always update in the future, can't downgrade in the future however, so for now I wait.

Chuardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay

Sorry, you asked.
Come on, you are really going off topic

Also

Last edited by Chuardo, , Reason: The video

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same as before.
I heard that it's outdated the one that I found in here so I don't know which one should I use, would you please show me current DNS option abviable?
Primary: 168.235.092.108 (TitleDNS "Los Angeles")
Secondary: 081.004.127.020 (TitleDNS "The Netherlands")

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wouldn't know, still on 3.0.0.

That being said, it's just used to drop replies from whatever URL's you configure, in this case updates. I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't still work.
Oh, I was told the browser didn't work (load redirected websites like Google or YouTube) on the latest firmwares.

I'm starting to feel that way. I'll hold out until we see homebrew, and then judge if it's worth even going so far as buying a another for new games. I love homebrew and all, but unless we get something to play more than just the first 6 months of released games (legally, as in a purchased copy) staying this low won't be worth it. But I can always update in the future, can't downgrade in the future however, so for now I wait.
There honestly isn't enough to even homebrew on the Switch. We could maybe make FTP Switch, Savitch, Loadiine/SUP Installer but that's it.

Reactions: Chuardo

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sorry, you asked.
I think you miss the main feature of the switch...
P O R T A B I L I T Y
Of course you won't get a system as powerful as current gen. But it's also much smaller and battery powered. You can't physically get much more power from a unit this small at this price point with current tech. The fact that it even competently handles current gen titles is amazing considering I can take it with me on a plane or on campus.
You can get more power from a gaming pc, but those will also cost more and be much larger.
For cost and size, this thing is actually a power house compared to other similar sized and priced electronics.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you miss the main feature of the switch...
P O R T A B I L I T Y
Of course you won't get a system as powerful as current gen. But it's also much smaller and battery powered. You can't physically get much more power from a unit this small at this price point with current tech. The fact that it even competently handles current gen titles is amazing considering I can take it with me on a plane or on campus.
You can get more power from a gaming pc, but those will also cost more and be much larger.
For cost and size, this thing is actually a power house compared to other similar sized and priced electronics.

There's no getting through to people of his mindset, sadly. They'll bellyache about it not being up to their standards ad infinitum, that's just his MO. I got this for portability, the developers, NVidia, and so on. If he wants more power, he should get a gaming laptop.

Garblant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp, I haven't turned my switch on since the update. Would it still nag me about the update if I were to wake it up from sleep mode when it's away from the wifi connection? :unsure:

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think internal one is a little faster, but just a little. Regarding the rest you are right. I'd say BotW and Splatoon 2 is good, others not so much, and BotW is not a Switch exclusive. Costs as much as a PS4 slim and some places even cost the same as a PS4 Pro, I can't really justify the price tag. (Tho I bought 2 of them just to do LAN party.)

Come to think of it I think you're right. Slowest to fastest: game card > MicroSD > internal. Assuming the MicroSD is a UHS-I.

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then maybe you should've never gotten one, since, you know, this is clearly not aimed at you and this like-minded demographic. What the actual hell do you expect from a portable/tablet, PS4 Pro equivalent power? Please let me know when you can find a portable with that power, that's 300 dollars, and has a good battery.

At least back up your criticisms next time.

- Micro SD cards are only what, 20 dollars for 64 GB? If you can spend 300 dollars, you can get an SD card.
- The games are fine as-is, so are the ports, again, what do you expect with a portable hybrid console?
- WiFi works fine on my end, don't use a shitty ISP or router and you're fine
- 90% is hyperbole, anyone can make up statistics, At least back up your BS claims.

"Weak as balls"

Gee, really? Did you expect a quad core Intel Extreme i9 processor with 32 GB of RAM and an SLI setup with two 8 GB GTX Titan 1080 GPUs? Oh dear, this console really isn't for you. It's a bloody portable/hybrid console, stop bitching about the hardware not being up to your ridiculous standards. At least try to come up with a compelling argument instead of something half-assed and come across as bitter, I'll be waiting.

I do regret buying the system but I'll keep it on 3.0.0 and see what happens homebrew wise. If it's nothing really cool I can always sell it or maybe update if there are enough compelling exclusives.

I said MicroSD cards are expensive relative to HDDs. They are. The WiFi issue is widely reported. "Working fine" means different things to different people. It works fine for my purposes but the range and speed is shit compared to other devices. 90% was not meant to be a stat. I would think that most people understand that the figure was an estimate. Didn't read the rest, looked like damage control.

Contrary to some of your points:

• All these games can be played anywhere anytime, not a handheld nor a console, but both. Yes, it may have bad internet, and is expensive, and plays games worse than its competitors, but it's also unbelievably portable
  • There is a way to backup save data
  • If you can afford a Switch + Games you can afford 20-30 bucks for a MicroSD
  • Joy-Cons are very ergonomic
  • Most people use Wi-Fi instead of Ethernet, and you can run down to your local Target and pick one up for like 2 bucks
  • Switch Online? XBox Live didn't come out at release either.
  • It is not slow. Vague claim.
  • Evidence about it's hardware being old? It has an Nvidia!

I don't care about the portable aspect of it. If you do then the console is probably more appealing to you. There is no way (without an unreleased hack) to backup save data. With the new update you can migrate. That's not the same. MicroSD cards are expensive relative to HDDs.

Come on, you are really going off topic

Also

Sorry. I shouldn't drink and GBATemp.

Last edited by DocAmes1980,

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do regret buying the system but I'll keep it on 3.0.0 and see what happens homebrew wise. If it's nothing really cool I can always sell it or maybe update if there are enough compelling exclusives.

I said MicroSD cards are expensive relative to HDDs. They are. The WiFi issue is widely reported. "Working fine" means different things to different people. It works fine for my purposes but the range and speed is shit compared to other devices. 90% was not meant to be a stat. I would think that most people understand that the figure was an estimate. Didn't read the rest, looked like damage control.

I don't care about the portable aspect of it. If you do then the console is probably more appealing to you. MicroSD cards are expensive relative to HDDs.

Sorry. I shouldn't drink and GBATemp.

At the very least, you can stop with the unreasonable expectation BS of having PS4 Pro power in an Nvidia tablet, that'd be great. It's not gonna happen for several years. Anyways.

It's a damn tablet, you can't expect XBX or PS4 equivalency in terms of hardware, it's clearly not for you if that's all you care about.

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the very least, you can stop with the unreasonable expectation BS of having PS4 Pro power in an Nvidia tablet, that'd be great. It's not gonna happen for several years. Anyways.

It's a damn tablet, you can't expect XBX or PS4 equivalency in terms of hardware, it's clearly not for you if that's all you care about.

It's not that I expect a tablet to be powerful. It's that I didn't expect Nintendo's new console to be a tablet.

Last edited by DocAmes1980,
Reactions: invaderyoyo

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not that I expect a tablet to be powerful. It's that I didn't expect Nintendo's new console to be a tablet.

Okay? Tell that to Nvidia then. Go and complain about that to them. Go back in time and tell Nintendo not to partner up with them. What's done is done, deal with that fact. What the hell do you expect Nintendo do to, make a machine that's like everything else and be exactly the same with nothing unique or different to write home about? Because that's what you'll get, just another Xbox One X or PS4 with nothing different to offer. Yeah, that sounds good. :rolleyes:

Just sell your Switch already

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the hell do you expect Nintendo do to, make a machine that's like everything else and be exactly the same with nothing unique or different to write home about? Because that's what you'll get, just another Xbox One X or PS4 with nothing different to offer. Yeah, that sounds good. :rolleyes:

Yes. Yes it does. That's what they used to do.

D

Deleted-368796

Jeez guys, I'm feelin' all teh love in this thread. :/

I only have one thing to say about the new 4.0 update . . .
Switch and save

D

Deleted User

We live in a year where everything is exploit and new update means warez /s
No but seriously, I should really ignore this type of threads since they're triggering me.

Just update, play games and use console for what it was supposed to be used.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. Yes it does. That's what they used to do.

And look how well the Gamecube sold compared to the weaker PS2 and Xbox back then. Power didn't help sales, so yeah. Anyways, I'm done here, this trivial discussion benefits neither of us. Gamecube slaughtered the PS2 in raw power, and yet only sold 1/5 of what the PS2 sold, hmm, intriguing!

We live in a year where everything is exploit and new update means warez /s
No but seriously, I should really ignore this type of threads since they're triggering me.

Just update, play games and use console for what it was supposed to be used.

Already have a modded Wii, Wii U, 3DS XL, and Snes Classic, I don't need a modded Switch.

Reactions: felix.200

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5