ROM Hack update/dlc keys

urherenow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, it's everywhere how to get the title key for a base game. After dumping your console's keys with lockpick, extract the .nsp, and look at the .tik file @0x00000180. (I know... redundant if you're already using lockpick anyway, but hear me out...)

The main update file in an update, requires you to point the tool back to the base. My question is, WHERE in the base, does it have a key for unpacking the update .nca files? Can one get that key, and enter it as a title key, to open/unpack an update directly without having to point it at the base?

Just wasting time since someone on an emulation forum asked why the latest doom (original... 1993) update is 650MB+, when we can grab the .wad for both doom and doomII from the PC, add it to gzdoom (or whatever it's called) and it's only like 58MB or something. So... good question. Lot's of space taken by audio, if anyone was wondering, and there is a "credits" video (.mp4) that's over 51MB by itself.

it's just a bit frustrating that an .nsp has a bunch of .nca files and only 1 or 2 of those can *easily* be inspected...

Last edited by urherenow,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ3tSfM8OXM