[UPDATE] PUBG Mobile Available Now For Android and iOS in the U.S.

pubg mobile.jpg

The battle royale phenomenon PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG) has been released for Android and iOS devices today!

Following a soft launch with "large amounts of positive feedback" in Canada last week, PUBG Mobile is now rolling to a wider audience. It is available in the U.S.
as of today, with "more regions will be added at a later date" according to Tenacent, the mobile gaming giant that collaborated for the game's development.

In the same vein as the console/PC version, PUBG Mobile pits 100 players onto a remote 8x8 km island for a winner-takes-all showdown. Players have to locate and scavenge their own weapons, vehicles and supplies, and defeat every player in a graphically and tactically rich battleground that forces players into a shrinking play zone.

unnamed (2).jpg

unnamed (1).jpg unnamed (3).jpg unnamed.jpg

At an unbeatable price of free PUBG Mobile's recommended specs for Android is OS 5.1.1 or above and at least 2 GB RAM. Apple devices require iOS 9.0 or later to play the game.

UPDATE:

It seems like the game is now rolling out to countries outside the U.S.! Being currently in a European country myself, I can confirm that it is available on the Google Play Store.

:download: PUBG Mobile on Google Play
:download: PUBG Mobile on App Store

Last edited by Prans,

player594

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey of anyone playing want to add me as friend in this, my username is Baldyshugga. Really enjoying this game.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll probably play this game as a guest until they fix the screen name / character name situation. Again, don't like running around with my real name and picture for online play. For most Mobile games , a Facebook login is used for cloud saves but at the very least, give the user the opportunity to change their damn screen name.
During character creation, if you tap on the name in lower-right corner, you can change it. Not sure of you can change the picture too or not, but you should be able to.

gempugs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently there are two different versions of the game being released months ago in China. The better version made by the Timi Studio Group that is much more optimised than the worse one made by Light and Quantum Studio with shitty graphics and optimisation. Unfortunately, this English version got the shitty studio's and considering the success of Arena of Valor which is made by Timi as well, Tencent is kind of out of mind in this sense..

Off-topic: Btw AOV is built upon a really dated engine of the flagship MOBA game of Timi, if there's more potential in the market maybe they will keep it up with the latest updates in the future. It's as if Tencent is still keen on testing the western market with shitty variant of their flagship game instead of releasing the full-featured one in once

And for the guys that bashed touchscreen gameplay even before trying it out once, I can say that it's quite intuitive once you get used to it, but it still can't be denied that muscle memory don't always work when there's no actual tactile feedback of physical buttons and causes mistakes. It's fun to play alone and a blast with just duo too

player594

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently there are two different versions of the game being released months ago in China. The better version made by the Timi Studio Group that is much more optimised than the worse one made by Light and Quantum Studio with shitty graphics and optimisation. Unfortunately, this English version got the shitty studio's and considering the success of Arena of Valor which is made by Timi as well, Tencent is kind of out of mind in this sense..

Off-topic: Btw AOV is built upon a really dated engine of the flagship MOBA game of Timi, if there's more potential in the market maybe they will keep it up with the latest updates in the future. It's as if Tencent is still keen on testing the western market with shitty variant of their flagship game instead of releasing the full-featured one in once

And for the guys that bashed touchscreen gameplay even before trying it out once, I can say that it's quite intuitive once you get used to it, but it still can't be denied that muscle memory don't always work when there's no actual tactile feedback of physical buttons and causes mistakes. It's fun to play alone and a blast with just duo too
I'd love to try the optimized version on my Shield K1

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

hurrz

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you might wonder: My XBOX 360 Controller (OTG cable) is being recognised by the game but it does not run really well as the sensitivity is not adjustable and the buttons are not mapped (I didn't map them by myself yet).

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this mean a Switch port is theoretically possible? Hm...
Totally... I downloaded it from a external source since tegra seems to be "not supported" for my Nvidia shield tablet.

At the begining was running slow and only allowed me to chose low graphics because I have the tablet 100% of time at battery saving mode.

I moved the game from SD to internal storage and activated Nvidia optimization to 100% performance 4 cores max clocks and system memory optimisation on and the game run fine and let me chose medium settings.

I killed 4 noobs but I don't like the game so I just exited and uninstalled it after, but it runs fine on the Nvidia Shield tablet with only 2GB of ram, on Switch would look way better.

And yes there was 100 players, but the ping was way too much.

Edit: I don't like those games where you do nothing unless it's realistic like Escape from Tarkov. I'm waiting is for Shadowgun Legends on Android, it will probably be the first game of high quality and GRID, though I never liked grid on xbox360.

Last edited by guily6669,
Reactions: Kioku

chirogan

The Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Tried it. Doesn't work :/
Well that game's not going on my phone then. Anyone try "RULES OF SURVIVAL" with a controller?
Fornite for mobile said they'll support controllers in the future. My guess is that it wont be anytime soon. Not sure if it's the same case for pubg.

You could always try gamesir controller keymapper. Or if you have rooted android, try controller apps with touch emulation. with the current state of these games, that is the only way you could play with a controller.

Reactions: hurrz

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
There's no way it'd match mobile against PC, consoles won't even play shooters with PC.

But yeah, touchscreen gaming is bad. Doubly so for shooters.
Gears of War 4 and Shadowrun (FPS) say hi. Fortnite is getting cross play. I get the gist, but it's not impossible and has already been done. The only issue is the exaggerated line drawn between kb/m and controller users.

Last edited by Kioku,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The only issue is the exaggerated line drawn between kb/m and controller users.
It's not really exaggerated. Even aim assist can't make up for the speed/precision gap entirely. This article specifically mentions Shadowrun, which had its crossplay removed after PC players were too dominant:

https://kotaku.com/5593259/rumor-microsoft-killed-plans-for-pc-vs-xbox-360-online-play

It was also about MS's plan for crossplay on the 360 in general, which was scrapped too. I think if they bring back crossplay, it'll be limited to cooperative modes in shooters at least. Games like Rocket League that are better played on gamepad either way, it doesn't really matter if you add versus to crossplay.

chirogan

The Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Gears of War 4 and Shadowrun (FPS) say hi. Fortnite is getting cross play. I get the gist, but it's not impossible and has already been done. The only issue is the exaggerated line drawn between kb/m and controller users.

FortNite's crossplay is limited by classes.
Class 1: PC players
Class 2: Console players
Class 3: Mobile players
Players can go up the classes but not go down.
Class 3 players can join class 2 and 1 lobby.
Class 2 players can join class 1 but not class 3
And class 1 players cannot join class 2 and 3.

Reactions: hurrz and Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!