[Update] The new Pokemon rumors (Let's go Eevee/Pikachu)

It's nearing E3 once more, which means rumors at in full force. And with a Pokemon title inevitably on the horizon, Pokemon rumors are flooding news and discussion sites. Once more, we find ourselves questioning what's real or fake.

Back on April Fools, there was a post made on 4chan. Such things from there are always assumed to be a meme or fake post. Based_AF Media also further confirmed the 4chan post, but it should be known that they are a relatively unheard of news site, possibly looking for easy hits.

DdKWTuoWkAAcueX.jpg

This "leak" states that the upcoming game would be a Yellow remake, and would have Pokemon Go integration.

Emily Rogers further fueled the fire by hinting at the name of the games potentially having some link to the mobile title Pokemon GO, and that mainline Pokemon and Pokemon Go could benefit from each other.

SoulCalibur V would be out for the Wii U: FALSE
Nintendo would launch a huge quirky shooter for the Wii U: TRUE (Splatoon)
Smash would be on Switch and launch 2018: TRUE
Nintendo and Ubisoft were making a strategy game: TRUE (M & R Kingdom Battle)
Pokemon and Pikmin 4 would launch before March 2018: FALSE
Mother 3 would be ported to the Wii U: FALSE (We did get Earthbound Beginnings though)
Female Link would be playable in BOTW: FALSE
GameCube Virtual Console would be a reveal at E3 2017: FALSE
BOTW would be pushed back for simul Wii U/Switch release: TRUE

pokemon_switch_rumour_logo.jpg

Twitter user "Nibel" also Retweeted the image of the supposed logo, giving further credence. Nibel's rumor history includes correctly guessing that there would be a new Insomniac Games Spiderman title, the existence of a PS4 Pro (at the time, codeword Neo), and a Catherine remake for Vita/PS4. Nibel has also claimed that Retro is working on yet another Donkey Kong Country game for the Switch, but this one is still unverified.

Translated, the text in the Logo translates to "Let's Go Pikachu!", once more adding onto the idea of a Pokemon Yellow remake. Even more ridiculously, an image from a few months earlier made its rounds on the internet, showing what appeared to just be a slightly edited image of Sun/Moon. In it...you can see none other than an Eevee perched onto the trainer's head. This corroborates the Let's go Eevee! part of the rumor over at 4chan. Plus the part about Sun/Moons HMs-replaced-by-Pokemon, as well.

download (1).jpg

Then we have something a bit more vague. Twitter user PixelPar uploaded a video saying he'd been hinting the whole time at this, through little drawings of Pokemon Yellow he'd been doing up to the official announcement of the game.

EDIT:

The day after this was written, an entity has claimed the domain names for both of the game's names. Not only that, but one of Kotaku's lead writers also followed up on the Pokemon Go portion of the rumor:

https://www.whois.com/whois/pokemonletsgopikachu.com

wYyskzf.png

The domain owner has previously registered Pokemon game names in the past, as well. Nintendo isn't mentioned anywhere within the documents, though, which deviates from previous domain registrations, where they've always been named as the owner in some form. And now the Official Pokemon JP site is heavily using both Pikachu and Eevee in marketing.

And, as of right now, that's everything involving this specific rumor. What do you think? Real? Fake? Is this the equivalent of Rayman in Smash once more?​

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe we will have a chance to go to more than one region ;)

The games can be much larger now
I would like us to start out in kanto region (a changed kanto kinda like in pokemon gold were cinnabar island volcano eruption but to were it may have took out more or changed the landscape of the region) and then we can travel to other regions with addons that will also bring some new pokemon/ legendary's.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The fact the first leak is from April 1st means it's fake.

Also, if the game is gonna be like Pokemon Go, it's automatically trash.

Reactions: leerpsp

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't be against an updated with more regions and stuff remake of Yellow. But, the whole Pokemon Go aspect of this really turns me off. I wouldn't mind if all the Go functionality amounts to is the ability to trade Pokemon to/from Go to the new games. But the idea that catching pokemon will be similar to catching them in Go sounds terrible.

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Emily Rogers has a beyond-awful track record and the majority of what she has gotten right has been easy guesses. Why do people listen to her?
Because she got something super vague right once, therefore she might get something vague right again, is what seems to be the general consensus. I wouldn't trust her opinions on anything at this point. It's just interesting information that's all weirdly come together. I doubt it's real at all, but it's still fun to see how rumors shake out.

Reactions: Friendsxix
D

Deleted User

The fact the first leak is from April 1st means it's fake.

Also, if the game is gonna be like Pokemon Go, it's automatically trash.
Pokemon go can be a lot of things. Do you really think that they would do a 1:1 replica of Pokemon Go?

What makes the most sense is that they will use the mechanics of Pokemon Go and tie in with it. Almost as if both your phone and app(Pokemon Go) were a Pokewalker

OctolingRift

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay guys serebii reported this it's practically confirmed. Time to pack it up for Pokemon. It was good while it lasted

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Emily Rogers is such a kiss-ass, I swear. All because her boyfriend works for Nintendo. I'm surprised he hasn't been jettisoned out an airlock by Nintendo yet.

By the way, Emily Rogers also "predicted" Mario + Rabbids and maybe something else on or about the Switch which I don't recall. Point is, she gets her information from her stupid boyfriend who works for Nintendo, and he clearly doesn't work in high-up position because he only seems to get the stuff that trickles down.

Regardless, I called Gen 1 remakes, especially after Sun and Moon couldn't help dropping a billion hints. I'd be surprised if this isn't legitimate. It will, of course, be as unoriginal, uncreative and boring as anything GameFreak has put out in recent years. Too bad those hack frauds will likely never make a good game ever again.

Last edited by TankedThomas,
Reactions: DarthDub

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Pokemon go can be a lot of things. Do you really think that they would do a 1:1 replica of Pokemon Go?

What makes the most sense is that they will use the mechanics of Pokemon Go and tie in with it. Almost as if both your phone and app(Pokemon Go) were a Pokewalker
theres not a single mechanic worth anything in go, story is none existing, training is trash, catching pokemons is crap and the battles dont ask me about the battles, that things are the worst offender.

srs there isnt a single redeming mechanic on pokemon go over the normal pokemon games.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon go? *buuuuulshit*

Everything sounds okay besides that Pokemon Go bullshit. And if that screenshot is really how the game looks then my hype will drop like a rock

latest

Thankfully this sounds like a load of BS to me. They're not going to take out a huge portion of the game (finding and capturing Pokemon) just to integrate Niantic's nearly-featureless game. Or if they do, it'll be an optional way of catching Pokemon to transfer over. Even that I kinda doubt given how much it would fuck with progression, you can quickly catch a lot of otherwise rare Pokemon in Go.

Oh cool. *See's all of the Pokemon Go stuff* *Start praying it's not real*

After ORAS, I honestly don’t see a need for a Yellow remake. If it’s a sequel to Red/Blue/Yellow, sure.

Also the Pokémon Go integration can fuck off

I wouldn't be against an updated with more regions and stuff remake of Yellow. But, the whole Pokemon Go aspect of this really turns me off. I wouldn't mind if all the Go functionality amounts to is the ability to trade Pokemon to/from Go to the new games. But the idea that catching pokemon will be similar to catching them in Go sounds terrible.

"Catching pokemoon works like in Go"

GOOD GOD NO!!!!!!!

if this turns out to be real the pokemon go functionality will be akin to the pokewalker in HG/SS where you can add one pokemon to it and walk it for xp and items nothing more.
and by catch pokemon like in go all they mean is that you could optionally use your finger on the touch screen to fling the ball if you want instead of pressing a.

Reactions: CallmeBerto
D

Deleted User

theres not a single mechanic worth anything in go, story is none existing, training is trash, catching pokemons is crap and the battles dont ask me about the battles, that things are the worst offender.

srs there isnt a single redeming mechanic on pokemon go over the normal pokemon games.
You clearly didnt read my response...you're thinking too far into it

Blaze Uchiha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did read it, just give me one, i mean one mechanic that is worth importing into mainline pokemon.
I think it might be neat to be able to use the touchscreen to throw the ball and throw a curveball. But having said that, I don't think they would go so far as to completely replace the battling phase to weaken the target Pokemon. It might also be interesting to be able to use the joy cons when playing the tv to throw a Poke Ball.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"Catching Pokemon works like in Go" you slipped up there
I thought the same.
But Masuda and the nintendo company did say that they are taking risk with the next "main" game.

I really hope catching pokemon isnt like pokemon go.. I mean, if they mean throwing the pokeball works the same way, thats cool. But pokemon go doesnt really have a battle system against wild pokemon -.0

Reactions: OctolingRift

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I think it might be neat to be able to use the touchscreen to throw the ball and throw a curveball. But having said that, I don't think they would go so far as to completely replace the battling phase to weaken the target Pokemon. It might also be interesting to be able to use the joy cons when playing the tv to throw a Poke Ball.
yeah and when you are playing on the console using the controller? also pokemon go needs dozzens of pokeballs to catch anything if that is how its going to work everyone is screwed for money to buy any other items.

just for playability on both portable, tabletop and docked you cant have a touch screen only feature.

and if they lock the game to portable mode only people will destroy nintendo lol.

Blaze Uchiha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah and when you are playing on the console using the controller? also pokemon go needs dozzens of pokeballs to catch anything if that is how its going to work everyone is screwed for money to buy any other items.

just for playability on both portable, tabletop and docked you cant have a touch screen only feature.

and if they lock the game to portable mode only people will destroy nintendo lol.
Pokemon Go also doesn't feature a battle system to capture wild Pokemon so you shouldn't need hundreds of Pokeballs to capture anything. I think they would keep a battle system in place (honestly this is Pokemon Go's biggest drawback imo) otherwise it wouldn't feel like a real Pokemon core game. I'm not sure how it would work with a classic controller, unless it also features a classic control mode(with this being a new feature and having classic controller pro compatibility, I can't see them not having an option like this.). I also would think that the Joy cons could be used whilst docked.

Reactions: OctolingRift

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
An old and fake photo from Sun/Moon, a leak from 4chan (cmon...) and some people saying random stuff? I dont know if its real or not, but it has 0 credibility.

Having said that, i dont mind Kanto again at all IF its different from the first/third gen games. New story, maybe new mons, new places to go, etc.

I would go for the "Eevee" version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps