Hacking Feedback Homebrew Updating BootMii to v1.5

KirbyBot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I've had my Wii homebrewed for lots of years, and I was recently updating some stuff (HBC from 1.1.0 to 1.1.4, Priiloader from 0.4 to 0.10 etc.). Then I found out that my BootMii is at v1.2, but idk how to update it, do I need to download HackMii Installer or just find some updated .zip file? Thanks in advance :D

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to know this to modmii has the homebrew channel v1.1.5 wad but i dont know how to update bootmii.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Simply run again the HackMii Installer (you can either use an exploit again, or just add it to the HBC - no icon or meta needed - and run it from there) and install BootMii :)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So, I've had my Wii homebrewed for lots of years, and I was recently updating some stuff (HBC from 1.1.0 to 1.1.4, Priiloader from 0.4 to 0.10 etc.). Then I found out that my BootMii is at v1.2, but idk how to update it, do I need to download HackMii Installer or just find some updated .zip file? Thanks in advance :D
There's no need to update it if it works. If you have BootMii installed as boot2 every update comes with a small brick risk, since you are not only overwriting the thing that is protecting you from bricks but also an important part of the boot process.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Bootmii itself can be updated by running the prepare sd card function from the hackmii installer (or by downloading the bootmii sd files, but the hosted files aren't the latest version, but new enough that it doesn't really matter in practice). No need to actually install anything

KirbyBot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you all for the responses! So, I checked to see if BootMii is installed as boot2, but it seems like my Wii can't do that and only ISO BootMii is there, so now that it's safer to do it I decided to update using HackMii Installer and it worked! (I know that almost nothing changed, but I like having stuff updated) Thx to you all again! :yaywii:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1