Hacking Updating my old CFW + more (help getting back to my ps3)

Mindereak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everyone, I'm trying to get back to my ps3 after years of "inactivity" so I thought the first thing to do would be updating to the latest firmware, I did some research and it looks like that this is the most recomended one at the moment (I should use the REX one, right?): "Official – Rebug 4.82.2 REX/D-REX – Cobra 7.55 – Toolbox 2.02.16 – Apr 16th. 2018" (I'm a new member so I can't add links)
I currently have Rogero 4.46 v1.01 on my ps3 slim CECH-2504B, I was wondering if I can just directly update from my current old CFW to this newer Rebug one or if there are intermediate updates that I have to do first. If I can just do it directly the best way to do it is through Safe Mode using the "System Update" option, right?
What will I lose when I do the update? The games I already have should still stay on the HDD and still be working, right?
Last question, after I do the update are there any "must have" tools that you suggest installing?
Thank you in advance if you find some time to answer some of my questions :)

Mindereak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Should be able to just update to Rebug since you’re moving up firmwares.

Thanks, that's what I thought. Do you know the answers to some of my other questions? At this point the most important things I'd like to know is if I should update to the REX one or DREX and what happens to my stuff when I update, like idk if doing an update wipes some stuff.

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, that's what I thought. Do you know the answers to some of my other questions? At this point the most important things I'd like to know is if I should update to the REX one or DREX and what happens to my stuff when I update, like idk if doing an update wipes some stuff.
REX is for CEX systems and DREX is for DEX systems. It’s very important not to mix them up. Idk what’ll happen to your local storage after the update though, I’m sorry.

Mindereak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
REX is for CEX systems and DREX is for DEX systems. It’s very important not to mix them up. Idk what’ll happen to your local storage after the update though, I’m sorry.
No problem, I'll wait a bit before I do it to see if someone else answers about that aspect. Is there any way to check if my system is CEX or DEX? I tried looking around in the settings but couldn't really figure it out.

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problem, I'll wait a bit before I do it to see if someone else answers about that aspect. Is there any way to check if my system is CEX or DEX? I tried looking around in the settings but couldn't really figure it out.
Check in multiman. I think you can see in there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: lorelei from pokemon is so fuckin bad bro