Hardware Upgrading my graphics card

niklakis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I want to upgrade my graphics card but I am not sure if it is worth it. I currently have a gt 630 and I want to buy a Sapphire R7 260X 1GD5 DP OC because I found it for only 100 euros and from a retailer I trust. It also has a coupon or whatever for two free games. Should I go for it or not? Thanks.

niklakis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Nevermind. I got it anyway. Is it really not that much of a difference??? From what I have seen it is a very capable mid range card. I even bought a new power supply because when I did the calculations I found that the power supply couldn't handle it (I went for a corsair one). My current GPU for example plays bf4 with almost all settings low at 1080p with a resolution scale of 60% at an average of 40fps and maybe lower. But the benchmarks I found online were talking about playing it at 1080p at high settings at an average of 42.7 fps (using DX11). Moreover it said that it's performance was similar to an gtx 750 but just by a tad bit worse. However they were reviewing the exact same card but it's 2gb counterpart. Does 1gig maker such a difference???

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3