Hacking Homebrew Upgrading to 3.10 OE-A

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My PSP was neglected for a while so I decided to dust it off and have a quick go on the Metal Slug ISO I got. Sadly I realised it required the latest 3.10 oe and my current one is a 3.03 oe-c. If I follow the instructions correctly when upgrading it, does that mean all the stuff that was already on my memory stick stay intact or do I have to format the stick before upgrading it?

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Question, are you using the (E) metal slug iso? Thats the one I have and it doesnt require the update.

I've never heard of losing data while updating unless you dont follow directions. You dont have this problem, but everyone should do research before upgrading anything.

P.S.
long live 3.03OE-C

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah I'm just upgrading it to get the whole hassle out of the way when a future PSP ISO is out that won't work on 3.03 oe-c. Honestly, the only thing I'm using the PSP for is reading manga and watching anime. If it wasn't for that, I would've sold it a long time ago

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if you are following the steps exactly, it would tell you to format your memory stick first as a just in case precaution. however, if you're confident of what you're doing and your memory stick, go ahead and just make the dxar file from the 1.5/3.10 firmware and then proceed to upgrade to 3.10OE-A....then afterwards run a quick update to A' and you'll be fine. Only thing you need to delete are the update folders and the debug folder it the upgrader creates in the root directory. everything else stays the same.

decept

Trophies
Website
www.decept.net
XP
Country
United States
tama_mog is correct. So long as you have sufficient free space on your card you should be fine without losing anything. If you don't have enough space, you can always move all your data to your hard drive while you do the update. Then format after you update and transfer back all your data.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Giganutz