URGENT MESSAGE TO CANADIANS

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The US people should go ahead and influence this letter because after the UK and now soon to be (hope not though) Canada, we are the next step and since I have a few my self... it would really suck.
Addition 2. Well, if I nabbed a Games and Music I would pretty much be able to do the same thing I do now since I only really use it for homebrew, movies and music.

ADDITION: To BoneMonkey

Maybe its a way to stop people from being able to get flashcarts easily/make it easier to ban them here.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BoneMonkey said:
QUOTE said:
This new copyright reform in the form of the Canadian DMCA has been influenced by US lobby groups rather than the voice of the Canadian people. What we're faced with is legislation that is potentially even more extreme than that of the US DMCA which is what allows the RIAA, MPAA, etc to function in the United States as they do.

This would be a blow not only to Canada, civil rights, and copyright law, but also YOUR rights, this fine community, and all of the businesses that make their living by selling said products. Our digital way of life would effectively come to a stop. They're even going as far as proposing a minimum $500 fine per incident. While copyright reform is an important issue, this is not the way to go about it.

In response to this backdoor policy-making a growing movement and coalition has been actively pursuing making the Canadian voice heard in this legislative process. All is NOT lost; they previously attempted to impose similar legislation back in December but this very movement's response stopped them in their tracks. We MUST speak up! We MUST make ourselves heard before it's too late!

As such the Canadian Coalition for Electronic Rights has created a simple pre-written letter sending service that will allow for us to be heard. I implore any and all Canadians to use this service to send a letter to Prime Minister, Stephen Harper; Jim Prentice, Minister of Industry; and Josée Verner, Minister of Canadian Heritage TODAY before we have no tomorrow.

what did the US officals do to influence canada that doesnt make sense why do US groups care about canadian law ? shouldn't they be busy screweing over us americans lol

Hollywood/showelware/whatever are bawwwwing that their movies/whatever suck so are now blaming canada for giving their citizens so much rights. How dare they! After all, we, the rich people, got the money, so we make the calls.

CorruptJon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its most likely one those laid back laws that no one really enforces. I mean imagine someone arresting a person that was supposedly playing their DS with a flash cart. Its not gonna happen.

ChiliD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ouch!

I'm not Canadian. I haven't lived in the US long enough to be a citizen. Regardless, I have sent up a prayer for the rights of Canadian flash-cart users, and I added some incense, for good measure. If you need more, PM me specifics and I'll see what I can do.

9tendo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After the raids in the U.S. and the commotion in China and Australia, Canada has become THE source of modchips and flashcarts. Maybe not the main source but the main online customer facing source. It's only a matter of time before Canadian shops, homes, and installers get raided. All it takes is a ton of money to get pushed around in the right places. It's only a matter of time and it will hit when least expected just as it did in the U.S.

animalsex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who fucking cares? They can't realistically enforce this beyond not allowing canadians to produce flash carts/modchips...but it is just as easy to ship it into the country. Sure, you might have to pay more for shipping, but aren't you getting every game for free anyway?

Lookout for the canadian modchip police. Doesn't the government over there have more pressing issues to worry about?

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Heey, I'm no Canadian, but I wanna join! Outlawing the usage of flashcart is not only the burden of Canadians! it's the burden of this community too! I wanna help! But.. I don't have any Canadian identity (I'm an Indonesian) can I help in any means?

papyrus

Trophies
Website
bux.to
XP
Country
Poor Canada gamers. Our country will never be enforced with that kind of law. Almost games here are pirated. You can buy flashcarts and pay to download PSP isos here in our local mall.

Chief_Second

Trophies
XP
Country
am i not right in thinking that flashcards can still be producted and sold as media players/homebrew players and it's only an offence if used for piracy?

if not wouldn't they bad blank dvd's?

papyrus

Trophies
Website
bux.to
XP
Country
flash card are illegal when you have nds roms. Which they think will be difficult to control so they ban all flashcart and the alike regardless of the usage.

Talaria

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Couldn't they just hide flash carts in original game cases and ship them in classified as a Video Game. Well I doubt this can be enforced that strictly. Well good luck with the letters/petition. But the goverment does have their grounds. What we do is illegal and may marginally effect the companies profits. If you have 10, 000 flash card users and the supplies stop thats 10, 000 potential addtional consumers. Let's face it the majority of people who have a flashcart download their games and rarely buy it. Yes there are some who do buy them but they are a minority although i know I'm gonna get several replies to this saying "I have a flashcart but I only buy games worthy enough to buy, hehe I'm so smart *giggles*".

EddyB

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Also sent a letter, on behalf of ricky from the sunnyvale trailerpark, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.

Good luck to all you canadians.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
biggrin.gif

1337tempnt9.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I am the Eggman... I am the Walrus...