• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

USA - Russia is mocking you for bringing home a junkie!

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Tried to interpret the 2nd for me, even said i couldn't English, but when I called him out on it not saying anything about being regulated by the state or not being regulated federally, he says he wasnt quoting the 2nd... but yet here he is, doing just that...

Interpretation is not quotation, by definition.

If you don't like the word "state", try typing out the second amendment without it.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Do poppyseeds noodles and poppyseeds cakes contains Marijuana too as well? Are those drugs too?
Anything can be a drug. The only reason it matters is how it is defined by the government and what qualifies as a "controlled substance", and that varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.

Luke94

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I guess same goes for alcohol,electronics,drugs,medicines,carbonated drinks,food,sleeping,technology,religion,politics,celebrities,rituals/obssessions,fetishes,magic.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Interpretation is not quotation, by definition.

If you don't like the word "state", try typing out the second amendment without it.
Fucking hell you're ridiculous. Its a simple question.

The militia should be well-regulated, (implicitly) by the state
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Where did you see that?

Luke94

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I guess reading Books,watching sports(on TV,newspapers,internet,playing videogames,computer Games as modern entertainment),hygiene could be addictive.

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
I guess reading Books,watching sports(on TV,newspapers,internet,playing videogames,computer Games as modern entertainment),hygiene could be addictive.
So is mastrubabation, most people start that young and carry on doing it for most of their lives - however it's not illegal and it's not a drug & you aren't going to be arrested for smuggling your hands through customs. Drug smugling on the other hand and breaking the laws of another country because you feel "entitled" and above the law is not going to end well for anyone that's caught, so I advise you if you ever get caught doing that to not waffle on about playing video games to the judge when stating your defence as they will probably lock you up for longer for your cheek.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Fucking hell you're ridiculous. Its a simple question.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Where did you see that?
In the interest of a free state a militia should be well regulated. It's in the 2a.

Yes. Any one of those things could be indulged at unhealthy degrees.

WeedZ

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
In the interest of a free state a militia should be well regulated. It's in the 2a.

Yes. Any one of those things could be indulged at unhealthy degrees.
Thats not even how it goes.. its so weasely how you won't just admit you made a mistake. I can disagree with someone and still respect them, but I dont respect deliberate disingenuousness. Its hypocritical. You're words mean absolutely nothing because you've revealed your intentions. I'm just done with you dude.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Thats not even how it goes.. its so weasely how you won't just admit you made a mistake. I can disagree with someone and still respect them, but I dont respect deliberate disingenuousness. Its hypocritical. You're words mean absolutely nothing because you've revealed your intentions. I'm just done with you dude.

I don't care how you define state, it's literally in the 2nd amendment. You want to focus on how you define state, but you don't want to argue the core disagreement; which is that a free state should be able to regulate itself in matters of militia without top-down tyranny telling people what weapons they can and cannot own.

WeedZ

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't care how you define state, it's literally in the 2nd amendment. You want to focus on how you define state, but you don't want to argue the core disagreement; which is that a free state should be able to regulate itself in matters of militia without top-down tyranny telling people what weapons they can and cannot own.
I know you desperately want that to be true, to the point you would sacrifice your integrity and reputation. But sadly, its not true, its not written anywhere in the bill of rights. Especially not in 2a.

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
I know you desperately want that to be true, to the point you would sacrifice your integrity and reputation. But sadly, its not true, its not written anywhere in the bill of rights. Especially not in 2a.
Luckily there's proper lawyers in the Supreme Court that can interpret the constitution, so you can leave that to them and not worry about it as it seems to be beyond your skill level. Also this thread seems to have drifted away from it's topic, isn't it your job as a mod to keep thread drifting to a minimum, maybe you should worry about that more and leave the law to the lawyers.

Last edited by mrdude,
  • Haha
Reactions: tabzer

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"well-regulated" in 1700's English meant well equipped, well tuned, well calibrated. It was a phrase most commonly used in reference to clocks. I work on antique alarm clocks when I've got lots of free time (like during Covid) and can tell you that "regulate" is still used as a verb by clock people even now to mean getting a clock back into tune. A modern equivalent phrase would be "like a well-oiled machine," but there weren't many machines around to oil in the 1700's so they said "well-regulated." Its use in the 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with regulations imposed by a bureaucratic administrative agency. The USA didn't have any such agencies at its founding, and there's nothing in the Constitution about them.

Not on-topic for this thread, but several pages is enough.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

Your point of failure is that you somehow think that the bill of rights is a bill of rights for the federal government, and not for the free state.

It's plainly communicated that a healthy militia relies on people being free to arm themselves, and that it is for a free state. Free state, not a static form of government, is recognition between participants--not a decree, by politicians, on what qualifies them. The bill of rights explicitly exists to limit jurisdiction over the rights of a free people from these entities, and what kind of overstepping jeopardizes that. You toss out the whole point of the bill of rights existing so that you can pretend it's an instruction manual on how to be an effective tyranny. I know that I'd like to convince you, but if you needed convincing to begin with, maybe you are already too broken.

Maybe you should smoke some pot and think introspectively for a change. You have the freedom to do so. The fact you don't is such a waste.

Last edited by tabzer,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
"well-regulated" in 1700's English meant well equipped, well tuned, well calibrated. It was a phrase most commonly used in reference to clocks. I work on antique alarm clocks when I've got lots of free time (like during Covid) and can tell you that "regulate" is still used as a verb by clock people even now to mean getting a clock back into tune. A modern equivalent phrase would be "like a well-oiled machine," but there weren't many machines around to oil in the 1700's so they said "well-regulated." Its use in the 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with regulations imposed by a bureaucratic administrative agency. The USA didn't have any such agencies at its founding, and there's nothing in the Constitution about them.

Not on-topic for this thread, but several pages is enough.

You should respond to this @WeedZ.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
state=government. the United States is a "state of states", so it's understandable to some why there's confusion. Usually the different layers of powers are separated into "federal government" and "state of..." and "county" and "local" to avoid confusion over terms, but that's a US centric separation. the "state" of maryland = the government which has dominion over the land area codified as Maryland. the "state" known as the usa = federal government which has dominion over the lower, individual states, except for those specific powers reserved by the lower states. So, ya know, just be specific about what you mean, and don't assume the term "state"="state of Maryland" or something.

weed is a "drug" on the same level alcohol is a "drug". like...yes. it can be destructive. but it's also like...culturally celebrated if done responsibly, despite any potential hazards. A vape pen that only has non-mind-state-altering weed derived elements is like having wine gummies or something. can't really call someone with a satchel of wine gummies a "drunkard". It seems pretty obvious it was a power play by Russia in order to achieve...something.

the second amendment is...well, there's the author's original intent and the argument about that (well regulated militia? what are the parameters for militia? for well regulated? in what context were they hoping this line to be supported?), and there's the "does this apply nowadays?" and "what harm is created through the adherence to an idea which hinges on the concept of a military which doesn't exist anymore?". It's not an easy argument one way or the other, but you've got to be able to at least appreciate the entire context before you can really make arguments in good faith.

Please stop spreading Russian propaganda. whether you're trying to be edgy or are brainwashed, it's not healthy to spread false information.

That's all I'll say, just...ya know, try not to be a rude numbnut, please.

Last edited by osaka35,
Reactions: AmandaRose

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Bidenomics