Hardware Emulation USB FAT Device Could Not Be Opened?

slider86

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What is strange:

- Decaffeinator is a Wii U App that "downloads" everything missing / deleted into the vWii Mode.
So it should be of no matter,in which "Condition" the vWii Mode is it in..
- So maybe the "Key" to your Issue is something with the CFW Loading / Method ?

I remember not really correct,but you said,you use Mocha (CFW) Method ?
How is your exact Bootorder / Procedure from powering on the Wii U to go into the Homebrew Launcher and launch Decaffeinator please.:)

You said,you ALWAYS booted NINTENDONT from the vWii (Homebrew Channel or from the USBLoader GX).
Correct ?

Is it maybe possible (somehow) as @pedro702 already mentioned,
you have installed the Nintendont Forwarder / Channel on the Wii U Main Screen ?

Can you maybe please make a Screenshot from all your Wii U Menu Icons / Folders please ?

Thank you.:)
I went into Mocha and deselected nearly every option apart from launch app but it's made no difference.

When vWii was working I was able to go into Nintendont and USB Loader GX without any issues. The only problem was the USB issue.

I could give you a screenshot but my Wii U apart from the standard apps you get on Factory Settings has the Homebrew Channel and USB Loader GX. The latter doesn't work by the way so can't use it from there. That's it. No other apps installed on the Wii U front screen.

Reactions: Alexander1970

slider86

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I remember not really correct,but you said,you use Mocha (CFW) Method ?
How is your exact Bootorder / Procedure from powering on the Wii U to go into the Homebrew Launcher and launch Decaffeinator please.:)
I don't use Tiramisu on auto boot. The Wii U boots up normally, I select Health and Safety to boot into Tiramisu, then I select the Mii app and that takes me into the Homebrew Channel apps page which has different apps to what's on the vWii one.

slider86

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

slider86

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I do not know......
Okay good news and bad news. The link you gave me I'm not sure did much with the downloads to change anything. What I did do was use Regenerative txt on Decaffinator. Not sure what that does but after selecting that I can now enter vWii. However there's a problem...

The Homebrew Launcher is gone, the vWii channel basically back to factory settings so even though the contents of my SD card a\re still there my entry way into all the apps is gone. What do I do next?

• Love

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Good morning.:)

Okay good news and bad news. The link you gave me I'm not sure did much with the downloads to change anything. What I did do was use Regenerative txt on Decaffinator. Not sure what that does but after selecting that I can now enter vWii. However there's a problem...

The Homebrew Launcher is gone, the vWii channel basically back to factory settings so even though the contents of my SD card a\re still there my entry way into all the apps is gone. What do I do next?
Very,very good,you made it.:)

Of course,everything is gone.You got a "new vWii" - Congratulations.:D

Since you have / use Tiramisu,you maybe should follow these Steps

https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/vwii-modding

to re-mod the vWii and get your Homebrew (Channel) back.:)

But you maybe should wait for some "Confirmation" - as I said,I am not a "Tiramisu User".
(In real Life,I love Tiramisu.💖😊).
I have modded my vWii with the "classic" wuphax Method.

Reactions: slider86

slider86

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Since you have / use Tiramisu,you maybe should follow these Steps

https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/vwii-modding

to re-mod the vWii and get your Homebrew (Channel) back.:)
Even though you don't use it do I need to download anything again to get the Homebrew Channel installed? What part of the guide should I start from since I already have the Environmental Tiramisu Loader installed?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Even though you don't use it do I need to download anything again to get the Homebrew Channel installed? What part of the guide should I start from since I already have the Environmental Tiramisu Loader installed?

Did you made an NAND Backup first ?:)

For your further Installation:

- The latest release of the vwii-compat-installer.

Also
- The Patched IOS 80 Installer for vWii.
- The d2x cIOS Installer.

If you already have Tiramisu:

Installing the Homebrew Channel

1. Boot into Tiramisu.
  2. Launch the Homebrew Launcher, by opening the Mii Maker.
  3. Launch the compat_installer.
  4. Press A to install the Homebrew Channel and wait until you see Install succeeded. Then press the HOME button to return to the Wii U Menu.
  5. Launch vWii (the Wii Menu icon).
    • If the installation has succeeded, you should see the Homebrew Channel in your vWii Menu.

If everything goes well,you can proceed with the Rest of the Guide (cIOS Installation and patched IOS80).

NOTE: As I said,I do not use Tiramisu,so you maybe wait for another Confirmation please.

Thank you.:)

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
personal opinion:

for the vwii mode of the wii U, I recommend to follow the tutorial in its entirety (Nand backup (very important), .......)
as @Alexander1970 also explains

even re-read the tutorials several times (it helps), it's very very important for the future :yayu:

Sincerely Jeannette,

slider86

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
personal opinion:

for the vwii mode of the wii U, I recommend to follow the tutorial in its entirety (Nand backup (very important), .......)
as @Alexander1970 also explains

even re-read the tutorials several times (it helps), it's very very important for the future :yayu:

Sincerely Jeannette,
I got the Homebrew Channel installed and backed up the vWii NAND. Do I need to do the same on Wii U?

• Love

slider86

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If everything goes well,you can proceed with the Rest of the Guide (cIOS Installation and patched IOS80).
I'm trying to figure out how to make Windows read my USB HDD I formatted to FAT32. I tried UStealth but it refuses to work and detect the drive so maybe I did something wrong somewhere?

I think it may have been in Command Prompt to do with changing to MBR but I can't remember what the instructions were using Command Prompt.

Last edited by slider86,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I'm trying to figure out how to make Windows read my USB HDD I formatted to FAT32. I tried UStealth but it refuses to work and detect the drive so maybe I did something wrong somewhere?

I think it may have been in Command Prompt to do with changing to MBR but I can't remember what the instructions were using Command Prompt.
This User seems to have the same Issue,maybe this helps you a little ?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/ustealth-wii-u-format-disk-nag-workaround.352786/page-33

@godreborn maybe seems the right Man for you.:)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a connection sound when you connect the disk to the pc? if it's ustealthed somehow, check the disk in HxD. it should show up. in sector 0, there's 55 AB at the very end. 55 AB means hidden. change it to 55 AA to unhide the disk, then unplug the disk and plug it back in.

• Love

slider86

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
is there a connection sound when you connect the disk to the pc? if it's ustealthed somehow, check the disk in HxD. it should show up. in sector 0, there's 55 AB at the very end. 55 AB means hidden. change it to 55 AA to unhide the disk, then unplug the disk and plug it back in.
There is a connection sound but the drive doesn't detect on the computer. Where do I find HxD?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3