Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cyrex said:
Solecist said:
the VERY GOOD option u could implement ...would be:

AUTO download of a new version and appearing a logo showing the news before entering in usbloader.

LIKE homebrew channel does....!! and lots of apps downthere...

Im tired of seing 20 revs ....and just tweaking words and details that...really arent helping the progress of usbloader....just an opinion...

Are you serious on this? You can't be ... else i just can say... fuck off and don't download the revs dammit... this can't be reality ... i might still be sleeping -.-. One last time for guys like you... THERE IS NO VERSION TO AUTOUPDATE YET! There isn't even an alpha version of this loader.... LOL you are tired of seeing 20 revs a day? I can't even find the right words to express what i'm feeling about your comment.... darn i gotta go an punch something...

Rather immature cyrex, you could of been blunt and told him no need to go OTT, if you haven't noticed this site is getting tonnes of complaints about having unhelpful, stuck up people, last thing we need is immaturity, all that was needed to be said was... this project hasn't officially been released so no features are being implemented like that til its all ready, if you want to act like that then don't reply, type it in on notepad and read how out of order it is before replying

Solecist

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
oh guys.....i gave only an opinion about the future.... stop judging bad... i can easy be one of the first to congrat the coders ! ...but, i easily can say that i am speaking for very much people here...so u can not say that i am totally wrong
smile.gif
i will keep experimenting all vesions anyway.

CAn someone tell me where can i find a huge pack of 3D COVERS + their respective really Original DISC art transparent ? in order to use with this fantastic loader
biggrin.gif

cyrex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Flawsdraw if it wouldn't be on the first page of this thread i wouldn't say anything about it ... but it is written there ... and i also said it a couple times that this is not a release or something similar to it. we just gave access to the source so that's all. We rely on you ppl to test and give feedback and bugs you notice but complaining about too many revs and no autoupdate ... no way man that just knocks me out -.-

EDIT: see what i mean? The 3dcoverpack is on the first page... guys it's common that the first post get's updated and gives you most of the information you need.... why don't you just read it ?

Flawsdraw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cyrex I honestly understand what you are saying but this is a community, we are meant to be helpful towards people, I know it's on the 1st page but when there is 119 pages I'm pretty sure some people don't know about the 1st page being updated or too lazy to go back, but even so we aren't meant to condemn them, it does get annoying but that's apart of having a big thread while working on something everyone wants, have a bit more of a calm head. Not here to start a row before anyone thinks that, just would like a bit more peace around these threads

joshed

Trophies
Website
www.scened.info
XP
Country
United States
What are the chances of adding these features:

1a. show the cover and name for the inserted game disc [ideally over the one in the background that was selected last] and confirm that the user would like to actually install that game

1b. If game is already installed, ask if user would like to load game or eject.

1c. When game is successfully installed, show the cover and name and ask if user would like to load game or eject.

2. Ability to load game discs themselves [while showing cover and name of disc] , whether original, backup, or GC/GCmultirom disc.

edit oops

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Want to compile the source with a few personal changes. For exampkle, I don't like the config file to be in a seperate directory.
So I want the loader to read the config from the directory it's running from.
Can I use a relative path? Would this change in the source make that happen?
For example in cfg.c:780 snprintf(pathname, sizeof(pathname), "SD:config.txt");

Moquedami

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Love this GUI.
With the implementation of IOS in the settings my Overkill is working flawlessly now.
Before that i was getting the "dancing mutants" bug, qich was pretty annoying since I could get rid of it even with a patched iso.

Just one obervation. Since version 160 or so, I'm having random crashes when exiting the settings screen. I don't know why or when this happens but it seems to be related to the locked features. As soon I input the password and start moving in and out the settings i get the code dump.

Chrish

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
How i can install cIOS222 with FW 4.0E ? Ever i try to install its failed ... I downgrade to 3.0,3.1,3.2 but its does not work.
Can some one help me?

Sorry for bad English

lexlth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Let me ask something: does somebody knows if there's a way the have an .iso ona usb drive (or SD) and make the loader install it to the HD ? Like the Disc install, but from the ISO ?

If there is, it could be implemented to the loader, if possible...

zouille83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have try the rev 172 and I see thomething strange. maybe it's not a probleme
When you select a game , the small windows with the dvd cover show 2 button but they are too big

Is it a bug ?

thank you

data0002

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just asking again sorry as their was no reply last time i asked. has anyone found a way of running gui loader from preloader 0.29. yet. thanks

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
data0002 said:
just asking again sorry as their was no reply last time i asked. has anyone found a way of running gui loader from preloader 0.29. yet. thanks

I'm looking for that too. I don't want to install the loader's dol itself, but rather a forwarder dol. But so far I wasn't able to find a forwarder dol that will work in preloader autoboot. All of them just crash when I try them.

gloscherrybomb

Trophies
XP
Country
Apologies if this bug has already been mentioned, but I'm often getting freezes. This happens more when using the forwarder I think, but not exclusively. I have used 150 and 164 and it happens with both.

One freeze usually happens when the I click the game and the disc art starts to move down. It locks before it gets there. Sometimes it freezes when the disc starts spinning.

The other freeze happens when loading the dol... the background image loads but nothing else does, no list of games, no battery meter, etc.

cyrex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
gloscherrybomb said:
Apologies if this bug has already been mentioned, but I'm often getting freezes. This happens more when using the forwarder I think, but not exclusively. I have used 150 and 164 and it happens with both.

One freeze usually happens when the I click the game and the disc art starts to move down. It locks before it gets there. Sometimes it freezes when the disc starts spinning.

The other freeze happens when loading the dol... the background image loads but nothing else does, no list of games, no battery meter, etc.

You should use the latest source, the freezes are not in there (at least they should
tongue.gif
)

JussiPik

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
kedest said:
data0002 said:

I'm looking for that too. I don't want to install the loader's dol itself, but rather a forwarder dol. But so far I wasn't able to find a forwarder dol that will work in preloader autoboot. All of them just crash when I try them.

i`ve been looking for solution for this also, with no success so far. is there anything we can do to make this work via preloader?

sebastiaan15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If i unlock with ab121b and i reboot the loader then i must unlock again

can you make it so that i can unlock it and it stays unlock and when i lock it it stays locked

so if i load the loader its unlock or locked

jono@home

Trophies
XP
Country
sebastiaan15 said:

can you make it so that i can unlock it and it stays unlock and when i lock it it stays locked

defeats the object of what this is for.. its for a child proof lock...

So if your kids where to start the loader after being unlocked.. the settings which could 'damage' things would be availble..

However I understand that their is people who do not have kids... and can see the need for it..

So a config option for parental control like the USB Loader could be an idea..
and a second option for the pin (make it configurable)

Maybe a toggle in the settings menu to switch parental control on or off ? (saves setting)

if you click on any items that is normally locked.. it should ask you for a pin if parental control is on and wont ask you for it if its switched off, thus being able to use it

that for me would be the best way for it to be implemented..

Keeps the masses happy..

M-A-F-I-A

Trophies
Website
forum.fobby.net
XP
Country
Italy
sebastiaan15 said:

I have modified the source.
Try this .dol (i can't test it , i'm at work) and see if loader is ever unlocked.

GUIL 172 godmode

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ken do you think any of them asked for a different tattoo? Like could I get a star of David...