Homebrew USB Storage Device Error when installing Games

Tur7L3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Have you tried using Mocha?
For that one install I did in the other post, I used Mocha.

Also, forgot to mention, the USB error I get also shows up when you try to download an uncomplete WUP and WUPINSTALLER still installs it, I know this because the other day I converted Super Mario Galaxy (wich is a Wii game, and Wii games do get installed on my Wii U unlike Wii U games) but the WUP was incomplete, it installed anyways but and the error happened.

I could get the WUP file of that game to be complete after, what I'm trying to say is that the error when a WUP is incomplete is the same I'm getting when installing my Wii U and N64 games.

But, those WUPS are not incomplete, most of the N64 ones I have tried out are convertions or the ones in UtikDownloader, also from sites with isos and that stuff, for the Wii U, they're also from UtikDownloader and in some other cases, iso sites.

So, the errors are the same, but the reasons are unrelated, for the Wii game, the WUP was incomplete, for N64 and WiiU, it is unknown but it is clearly not because the same reason.

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I just read your recent post over HERE, just want to clarify some things, are you actually having issues with CUSTOM injects your creating with the Wii VC injectro app? or are you having issues with official dumps of the games downloaded using either WiiU USB Helper or similar apps that downloads WUP files directly from Nintendo servers?

Tur7L3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I just read your recent post over HERE, just want to clarify some things, are you actually having issues with CUSTOM injects your creating with the Wii VC injectro app? or are you having issues with official dumps of the games downloaded using either WiiU USB Helper or similar apps that downloads WUP files directly from Nintendo servers?

nah, i've injected many games with Teconmoon's Injectorn and they work fine. The one I'm having problems with is because the game doesn't fully convert for some reason, but it has nothing to see with this the Wii U and this thread

The problems I said I'm having in this thread are with N64 WUPS and Wii U games downloaded with any WUPInstaller, my post in there is no related to this.

Unlike the Super Mario Galaxy problem, the WUPS for N64 and WiiU games I'm trying are actually complete, I've downloaded them like lots of times, and let's remember I even tried a dumped game with disc2app and still had the problem.

Still, sorry if I'm saying or said things that confuse you more, I'm not the best at explaining.

Last edited by Tur7L3,

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Unlike the Super Mario Galaxy problem, the WUPS for N64 and WiiU games I'm trying are actually complete, I've downloaded them like lots of times, and let's remember I even tried a dumped game with disc2app and still had the problem.
Hello

If you use "" disc2app "", you have to persevere with it, it will end up doing so.

I myself used "disc2app" with a disc, I had to try several times (about 10 times) before having the final game.

So don't despair.:yayu:

Good luck:yay:

Tur7L3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello

If you use "" disc2app "", you have to persevere with it, it will end up doing so.

I myself used "disc2app" with a disc, I had to try several times (about 10 times) before having the final game.

So don't despair.:yayu:

Good luck:yay:

wah, I didn't knew that.
I still think that it would be pretty weird if it ends up working because the other downloaded Wii U games with iso websites didn't worked either.

I will still keep trying with disc2app if you say so, I'll tell if anything happens :)

Also, before having the final game with your dumps, did you had the same error as me or another, if so, what was it?

Last edited by Tur7L3,
Reactions: Alexander1970

Tur7L3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I'm actually happy we came this far with this post, it's a ignored issue by many, but there are some people having the same problem and their threads have 0 replies.
As an update, I finally fixed it (kinda)
I still don't know wtf is going on, everything is so much of a weird case like it was, but...
One day I was diggin' through uTikDH and I clicked the "Select Key" and remembered I have a lot of title.tiks stored, I selected Shovel Knight, noticed that was a way to download the game, I downloaded, installed, and... No error this time.

I need to clarify, this is the ONLY WiiU game (not any VC or vWii game) that installed sucefully without the USB error on my WiiU, I can't describe how happy I was about it.

But, eh, haha funny news. I tried with Wii Sports Club (I know it's free in eShop tho) with this method again, it worked, I updated it trought the WiiU and... yea, everything is lookin' good.

I downloaded the DLC with UtikDH, except that when you use the "Select Key" option, it doesn't allow you to download DLC so I did it the normal way with UtikDH too, and, eh, when opening the game, I had the same USB issue again.

I need to clarify that I am everytime loading a cfw when turning on my WiiU, before installing, playing or using Homebrew, I load a cfw right when turning on my WiiU, going into the browser (I have Indexiine) and I do it. So that is NOT causing the issues.

So, maybe uTikDH never had the title.tiks before hand and that's why it never worked before, but that is not the case because every website-downloaded game still gives me the problems.

Also, I downloaded Captain Toad as I told you before, used CDecrypt and they work just perfect in Loadiine (with the known speed issues thanks to SDCards) but I don't think playing them all in Loadiine is the solution I want, because installing in HDD is a way superior and better way for the WiiU hacking.

And any other answer will be appreciated too. Again.

Last edited by Tur7L3,

Froggyimune

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have this issue also and I have no idea what to do. I get the same error code as you but instead it's when I launch the game and when the beginning intro plays, it crashes and shows the "there was a problem with your USB storage device." I'm so fed up, I tryed so many different methods and I'm very close to just giving up. But I downloaded 2 or 3 wii u games and they work fine. But when I download my 4th or 5th game. It shows the USB error message.

Tur7L3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I have this issue also and I have no idea what to do. I get the same error code as you but instead it's when I launch the game and when the beginning intro plays, it crashes and shows the "there was a problem with your USB storage device." I'm so fed up, I tryed so many different methods and I'm very close to just giving up. But I downloaded 2 or 3 wii u games and they work fine. But when I download my 4th or 5th game. It shows the USB error message.
Are you by chance using a USB stick?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9w_UTPpHjg