Using DiscDump on 9.00?

Taorn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!
I would like to dump some movie bluray discs with my PS4. I found the DiscDump payload for that purpose.
Loading it through bin loader just crashes my PS4. I'm using the Al-Azif exploit host to load Goldhen.

The last commit on payload is quite old, so maybe it would be sufficient to compile it with a recent version of the PS4 SDK?
Any advice on this is welcome. :)

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi!
I would like to dump some movie blue ray discs with my PS4. I found the DiscDump payload for that purpose.
Loading it through bin loader just crashes my PS4. I'm using the Al-Azif exploit host to load Goldhen.

The last commit on payload is quite old, so maybe it would be sufficient to compile it with a recent version of the PS4 SDK?
Any advice on this is welcome. :)
I don’t think that is for dumping blu ray movies. Just contents of a disc. I don’t think it decrypts. I can’t remember exactly.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, pretty sure you can't dump bd movies with the ps4. You can use makemkv on the pc though. It's free last time I checked.

Taorn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don’t think that is for dumping blu ray movies. Just contents of a disc. I don’t think it decrypts. I can’t remember exactly.
Yes, but that would be fine. I could try to decrypt them with another software, once i have the files.

Taorn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The payload may have to be updated as that post is from 2018.
Doesn't look like it was updated. The Git repository has no commits and no releases since 2018.
Looks like the payload is simply out of date and needs to be recompiled with a newer SDK version.

Maybe i'll try that tomorrow. I found another thread for this payload: https://gbatemp.net/threads/discdum...oged-does-it-work-or-not.522390/#post-8362785. The developer states that the (encrypted) disc content is also available through FTP.

That could be another way. But it's probably pretty slow to copy the files this way.

EpicLPer

Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
Moving the files over via FTP seems to work so far but even on LAN is rather slow, only getting around 3MB/s at best.

Not sure if there has been any development on a disc dumper for the PS4 yet, I tried on my PS3 too but to no avail, can't even see the disc there via multiMan. Would be nice to be able to dump the disc directly onto a NTFS drive on a PS4.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Moving the files over via FTP seems to work so far but even on LAN is rather slow, only getting around 3MB/s at best.

Not sure if there has been any development on a disc dumper for the PS4 yet, I tried on my PS3 too but to no avail, can't even see the disc there via multiMan. Would be nice to be able to dump the disc directly onto a NTFS drive on a PS4.
not sure if they'll be encrypted. they will be on the ps3, because I'm pretty sure it's possible.

EpicLPer

Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
not sure if they'll be encrypted. they will be on the ps3, because I'm pretty sure it's possible.
They definitely will still be, but that's not an issue with a bit of Googling :) Only downside is if the discs you dump do not have publicly posted AACS decryption keys yet.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is just a guess, but makemkv might work with the disc if you mount it to a virtual drive. I know that's the preferred app for using bd discs on the computer. it's free currently.

EpicLPer

Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
this is just a guess, but makemkv might work with the disc if you mount it to a virtual drive. I know that's the preferred app for using bd discs on the computer. it's free currently.
Yeah but the issue is getting the dump in the first place since no proper ISO dumper seems to exist for the PS4 yet. I can get the raw files from the disc via FTP just fine it seems, but I'm not sure how I'd make a "proper ISO" out of those afterwards. Maybe just packing them into one will work, but will have to try once the transfer finishes.

EpicLPer

Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
Another note, also thought about running Linux on the PS4 and just using Handbrake to dump it there, but I wasn't able to get Linux running on my PS4 Pro so far. Have to try another day. That said, I'm not even sure if it's able to directly access the BluRay drive anyways or if drives exist for it even.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just now thought about this, but you may indeed have a problem with AACS keys if the firmware you're on is too old. afaik, they haven't changed yet on 9.00, but they update every year or year and a half on average. sometimes it's as short as six months though.

remlei

Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone figured out a way to dump blu-rays since this last post?
PS3 can do it using the backup managers.

the generated ISO file is still encrypted though so you need to find those AACS keys for BD movies somwhere out there over the internet, after you obtain those keys, you can just play it using VLC or extract it using makemkv or handbrake.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol