Using the Steam savegame from "Binding of Isaac Rebirth" on your Vita

This is a small guide on how you can copy over a savegame from the Steam version of "Binding of Isaac: Rebirth" to your Vita.

I have been playing BoI:R on Steam for quite some time, but I recently bought a Vita and was delighted to see that BoI:R is available here, too! I have my Vita just a week now, so bear with me, if I say something stupid :)

-disclaimer-
The whole process is quite easy, but I must warn you, that I haven't tested this with much detail! The game loads, I can select my copied over savegame with the whole content I unlocked and I can start a game with that. I can't say, if there are any aftereffects, so please - for the love of god - backup your savegames, if you hold them dear!
-disclaimer-

Now for the fun part:

What you need:
  1. A BoI Rebirth savegame on your Windows PC located in "\Users\yourname\Documents\My Games\Binding of Isaac Rebirth\" They are called persistentgamedataX.dat (where X is the number of your savegame). Afterbirth savegames do not work. I tried!
  2. A Vita with access to VitaShell
  3. A connection (USB or FTP) from the PC to your Vita
What you need to do:
  1. Open VitaShell and copy over the savegames to your Vita (to the root of ux0:/)
  2. Mark the savegame(s) with the [] button and press /\ for the menu, select copy and press X
  3. Navigate to "ux0:/user/00/savedata/" (or to whichever user you want to copy the savegames to)
  4. Now comes the important part: highlight the folder "PCSE00507" and press /\ for the menu. Select "Open decryped" from the menu and press X
  5. You are now in the decrypted savegame folder. Here, you can press /\ for the menu, highlight "Paste" and press X. At this point you are overwriting your old Vita savegame(s)! Be careful!
  6. ???
  7. Profit!
When you now start BoI:R, you should see your progess from the Steam version when you load a game.

Another thing I don't know is how or if you are awarded any trophies.

Well, have fun gaming BoI:R!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @genistopitauniverfrocrami, What drugs is this dude on?
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    CRAZY HAMBURGER
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @NinStar both nes remix 1 and 2 had some stinkers in there
    +1
    but at least 2 doesn't have sports games
    loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress
    +1
    or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.
    Yesterday I learned my BD Burner drive can burn CD's at 56X lol
  • cearp @ cearp:
    What stuff were you burning?
    I used to burn tons of dvds (data files) many years ago, but haven't burnt a disk in ages.
    My car actually reads MP3 CD's lol
    So mix CDs for myselt :)
    Pantera, Metallica, Hollywood Undead, Five Finger Death Punch, some others lol
    I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol
    if only it could read dvds then you would just need 1 disc
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i tell ya what, i could go for a fuckin gyro right about now
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I hope your brother is doing ok Mr BakerMan
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool
    +1
    BakerMan yeah me too.... maybe that's gonna be dinner for me there is this place near me I have been dying to try and they have them lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I miss usb mp3 players they were shit but at the time a go to
    @The Real Jdbye, I thought about that and I have blank DVD's and Blurays but honestly after like 90 songs I just listen to it a couple of hundred times toss it out and burn something else or have like 2-3 CD's. Florida here the heat in the car tends to ruin the CD's after like a few months even commercial pressed ones don't last too long.
    my music collection is just too big, i require variety
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: my music collection is just too big, i require variety