Hardware Using Virtualbox to manage legacy gba flashcarts

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
OP
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
The majority of laptops DO NOT support hardware virtualization. It is normally disabled by the manufacture and the option is removed from the BIOS or UEFI. It is recommended you use a desktop. This doesn't stop you from using xp mode, just any specific hardware required features are denied.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/install-and-use-windows-xp-mode-in-windows-7

Links to download and instructions are towards the bottom.

Be aware you need windows 7 professional or higher to run, windows 7 home edition has a built in "you can't use this feature" and will refuse to run xp mode.

----

i know this is an old post but maybe someone is still here that can help me out i did the virtual box running everything working right but im using ezf advance 256m and i got the drivers installed but now when i try and run the ezfa_client it can't find the XceedZip.dll but its in the same path as the EZFA_Clint.exe

If you get an error running the EZFA_Client.exe saying it can't find the XceedZip.dll, it means you are running the program from a zip folder. You can fix your problem by using a zip manager like 7zip and extracting the contents to a folder before you proceed.

Last edited by how_do_i_do_that,

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I recently had to use a similar method to run the clients for my couple of old EFA linker carts.
I still run WinXp sp3 on a dual boot desktop, but found that the clients kept crashing when they scanned the connected flashcart. My solution was to install WinXp sp2 on Virtualbox - everything worked great then.
Thought I'd mention this as I couldn't spot a mention of which service pack version of XP to use in your guide, and it may be a solution to any issues others may face trying to accomplish the same thing.

Reactions: Tac 21

spacorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Might as well comment that M3 Game Manager doesn't work natively on Windows 10, but if you use compatibility modes (either Windows XP or Windows 7) it launches, and the main patching functionality works. Some options won't work, like the save manager and cheat engine, but you don't need those (the cheat engine is broken anyway and there's better tool to manage M3's save format)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Every so often they only come around like once a year