ROM Hack USUM IPS Patches

Ghosty123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uuuugh!

Apparently Always shiny and Shiny rate modifier behaved very differently when it comes to different hex bytes for shiny lock,
Turns out that 09 is exactly the same modified hex byte as SM version that's not shiny locked can be encountered as shinies normally with both normal and modified shiny rate works but doesn't work with always shiny patch.

While 01 is shiny-locked you can't get them in normal ways even with normal/modified shiny rate, but will be unlocked when applying with Always shiny patch, I believe that's how Ash-Greninja is considered not shiny-locked but still shiny-locked regardless, that's quite strange.

02 and 03 are permanent shinies for ordinary pokemon that appears in the ultra wormhole, or Event pokemon even if it's random they retain their shininess after resetting the game, yet that still affects shiny-locked mascot legendaries, tapus and gift totems.

18 is well the original hex byte as always which is shiny-locked normally, duh.

anyways, gotta bang my head on the desk.

If you guys have godmode9 I advise you to edit the code.ips in Luma/titles/[titleID] in Hex editor, look for ''00 01 01 45 4F 46'' which is Shiny removal patch if merged with other ips patches, edit the third hex byte whatever you want to change, I'm not going to bother to fix that again, I'll leave that be that way. ^^;

Okay so with using your latest updated file (which I believe is set to 01), the PKMN in trainer battles will only show up as shiny when AlwaysShinyForNotShinyLock.ips is present in the merged file along with ShinyLockRemoval.ips
Them being in the code.ips file separately won't show the Trainer PKMN as shiny.

But the problem is that once they are caught (CatchTrainerPokemon.ips + GuaranteeCatch.ips) when the window changes to the caught poke'mon screen; The PKMN is not in the shiny colour and when you check your POKEMON tab, it doesn't have the Star next to it. Using it in battles will also not show it as shiny. When re-battling the trainer (as you can do that indefinitely if the battle was ended via PKMN Capture) the opponent's PKMN is clearly once again shown as a Shiny.
[if you had killed the enemy PKMN then you can not re-battle unless you use Trainer Rematch.ips and if you have that enabled, then again the enemy PKMN is in it's shiny mode.]

So now what exactly can be done to have the enemy trainer PKMN retain their shiny mode upon capture?
You mentioned above that HEX 02/03 are always shiny but that you mentioned for ultra wormhole or event Poke'mon, etc.

With the current setup, I don't have any issue with random encounters in the grass/cave/sea. The random encounters are always in Shiny mode and retain their Shiny coat upon capture. It is only in the Trainer battles that during the battle the Shiny is on but after capture the shiny is removed.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Now for your (I believe it was you who made this .ips but I went through all 45pages here and somehow did not find the two or three posts that I remembered it being talked about, anyways...) Trainer Rematch.ips

This Trainer Rematch.ips is double-edged.
For it's PRO's :
1) You can re-battle indefinitely with trainers to keep catching all their PKMN (keep re-battling to catch all PKMN as upon first PKMN capture the battle ends)
2) You can indefinitely re-battle PKMN Trainers to win cash and EXP
3) You can re-battle any trainer and max out the reward item that they grant
4) You can re-talk to any special NPC that gives you an item to max out that item quantity

For it's CON:
1) Any event that has a prerequisite of defeating X-amount of trainers before being eligible of battling the final trainer, this scenario will have you locked out of battling with the final Trainer.

Examples:
PRO:
1/2/3) Any Trainer that has a fixed point on the map. (these do not include story event trainers)
3) Little Girl PKMN Trainer with Metapod carrying Oran Berry inside Trainer School, she will keep rewarding you with 3 Oran berries upon her defeat.
4) Fancy Lady NPC in Trainer School will keep gifting you with Quick Claw, each time you speak with her.

Examples:
CON:
1) Requirement of defeating 3 PKMN trainers so as to be able to battle final PKMN trainer at Trainer School. 4th trainer (the boss) will not be accessible to battle with as he will indefinitely believe that you have not defeated the prior 3 trainers, even if you do it multiple times.
Due to this, your game progress will be halted till you disable/remove the Trainer Rematch.ips and then defeat the 3 prerequisite Trainer school PKMN Trainers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So yeah, apologies for the large post.
I can handle the CON for Trainer Rematch.ips by temporary disabling the IPS Patching, pass the event and then re-enable for profit.
But for the Always Shiny attainment of Trainer Battle PKMN; this I would like to be able to get solved.

Thanks.
PS: I am using:
Original Nintendo3DS (classic size)
v1.0
Ultra Moon
Latest Luma CFW with all the required goodies.

Last edited by Ghosty123,
Reactions: Windylacine

renegade2k82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok major problem these work perfect on ultra sun but on ultra moon i am getting a arm 11 error crash.can you please fix this?i dont understand why it works perfect on ultra sun but not on ultra moon.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok major problem these work perfect on ultra sun but on ultra moon i am getting a arm 11 error crash.can you please fix this?i dont understand why it works perfect on ultra sun but not on ultra moon.
You're using the Ultra Moon specific patches for Ultra Moon and not simply copying the Ultra Sun patches over to Ultra Moon, right?

NinjaFish11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry im new at this but i installed a modified cia but i wanna patch it to be no outlines, is it possible to do this with a cia?

castix

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Everything seems to be working for me however I found out that
Mega evolution remains, even after battle
also applies for Xerneas and Mimikyu. Is there a chance of making them unaffected by it?

Chipman42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the no outlines .ips doesn't seem to work for Ultra Sun. I placed the .ips in luma/titles/(UltraSun's Title ID) and renamed the .ips to code.ips, and when I boot up Ultra Sun, I get a crash. I am using ver 1.1 for both

Laphii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My UltraMoon just updated to v1.2 T_T
Mine too. Please fix the patches to 1.2.please! I loved them so much and now I'm brokenhearted that I can't use them because of the new update

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey guys, I am a hexer by the way. And I love making new friends and helping people out. Can everyone please post that they want the patches updated? the more people the better. let's start a petition.

-Ally FC:0533-9806-7255 Ign:Ally. I also run an amino. so if anyone would like to join. search for " PAA Pokemon Adoption Agency" and just request join and say "Ally sent me" and i'll accept. It's a great community and besides I want more friends that are as passionate as I am to Pokemon!

Last edited by Laphii,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol