Hacking Uwizard: All-In-One Wii U PC Program

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Instead of retriving tickets, you could download the title on your Wii U (using crediar's new title installer tool in needed), then use caffine to grab the files. I think.

That sounds like a pain, but I assume you mean the NUSGrabber exe right? Why couldn't I use TCPGecko to get it, would that be feasible? And I've never used Caffiine, so I've no clue how I'd use that to get the ticket.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You don't use that to get the key.

You already have a VC title installed officially, with its own ticket, so it will launch.
that installed VC already have some .app files in its folder, such files can be replaced with cafiine in realtime.
instead of loading the "ROM as .app" in the internal folder, it's redirected to a "ROM as .app" on your computer.

Though, there are limitation :
1. it needs to be the same file name/file structure. but VC are probably a single ROM file injected into a single file, probably always the same same/format/size.
2. if the VC uses Title keys, maybe it can't be swapped with another .app?
I never used cafiine, so I don't know the limitation yet.

TCPGecko is not used to replace files or redirect files to your computer. Cafiine is the tool to use if you want to redirect a file to another one.
TCPGecko can, on the contrary, write a binary file to memory/RAM.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't use that to get the key.

You already have a VC title installed officially, with its own ticket, so it will launch.
that installed VC already have some .app files in its folder, such files can be replaced with cafiine in realtime.
instead of loading the "ROM as .app" in the internal folder, it's redirected to a "ROM as .app" on your computer.

Though, there are limitation :
1. it needs to be the same file name/file structure. but VC are probably a single ROM file injected into a single file, probably always the same same/format.
2. if the VC uses Title keys, maybe it can't be swapped with another .app?

I never used cafiine, so I don't know the limitation yet.

Right, but what I'm trying to do (and it might be foolish of me), is downloading a title with NUS with uWizard and decrypt its contents, however, I can't without a ticket, so as far as decrypting Snes VC games, there's no point. I don't even know if they can be decrypted, heck, I might just be wasting my time trying to use UWizard. Not trying to reinstall a VC game, I'm trying to decrypt its contents so I can look further into how Snes games are, why some games work with injection and why others don't. N64 VC games have config files, and I assumed Snes games have them too, somewhere, but, I think I'm just vainly trying to find something that doesn't exist :(

I give up trying to decrypt Snes VC, it's flat out implausible.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
someone already tried cafiine with .app grabbed from NUS?
just to get a definitive answer if it's even possible or not.

I actually don't know what people have or haven't tried, I can only assume that it'd be a PITA to deal with, I don't even know how to use Caffiine (never used it before). We tried Snes VC injection a while back, but the results were less than favorable. I wouldn't even know what to look for, much less decrypt. *sigh* C'est la vie.

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing to do with the tool itself in that manner but thumbs up for using the best Mario universe character as program thumbnail :yay::yay::yay:
She's my favorite too! (You probably already know that because Uwizard, my profile picture, and my computer background all reference her. Even my old GCN logo profile picture had a picture of Rosalina concealed in the last two bits of each pixel's RGB value!)

EpicLPer

Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
She's my favorite too! (You probably already know that because Uwizard, my profile picture, and my computer background all reference her. Even my old GCN logo profile picture had a picture of Rosalina concealed in the last two bits of each pixel's RGB value!)
Heh, I like her so much that in fact I'll only buy the upcoming Nintendo NX because of the new Super Mario Galaxy that got announced for it xD

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh, I like her so much that in fact I'll only buy the upcoming Nintendo NX because of the new Super Mario Galaxy that got announced for it xD
Super Mario Galaxy was THE VERY FIRST video game I ever played, so that is my very best favorite. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is my second best favorite! :D I'm already saving money for Super Mario Galaxy NX. :P The only reason I bought Super Mario 3D World was because I could play as Rosalina! I also waited outside Target starting several hours before they opened to get a Rosalina amiibo, but all I got was a cold. :(

Last edited by Mr. Mysterio,

EpicLPer

Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
7ac3bddd67684ad7992e0f02e02f4f0cbfdbc809513e7049b69483d4d3c358fa.jpg

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i have no idea what is wrong but this app only extracts like 6 files from my hyrule warriors wud...is there a known issue with hyrule warriors?

crediar

Possiblenator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
so i have no idea what is wrong but this app only extracts like 6 files from my hyrule warriors wud...is there a known issue with hyrule warriors?
Since Uniwizard is just using DiscU and I was kinda forced to rush a release after someone leaked it, there are a few bugs in that version.
So don't expect the author of Uniwizard to be able to fix that.

Reactions: VashTS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one