Status
Not open for further replies.

comput3rus3r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I got vaccinated back when the law said I needed them to go to high school, I had all the shots, tdap, mmr, mcv, all that stuff. About a month later, I was in the ER because I was nearly dead. Why was that? Because the nurse didn't clean the needle, and thanks to that, I had sepsis. The doctor went ahead and admitted that...but not before giving me useless prescriptions for pills treating swine flu, and later mono. Once they coughed up that info, I was furious, but also pretty much bedridden, so that was fun.

I don't really know what to make of the anti vaxx thing. I certainly fear needles and vaccines due to what I went through, and my hatred of the medical industry runs deep, due to the incompetence I suffered against. But I wonder...I was vaccinated as a baby, and I turned out fine. But on the other hand, the distrust I hold makes me wary. There seems to be plenty of studies done, and the answer seems to lie more with the "vaccines are fine" camp...I don't think I'd ever get vaccinated again, but for the sake of other people, like babies, it's pretty dangerous to go unvaccinated...It's a tough subject.
If you take your time going through the links you will realize that it was indeed the vaccines that gave you sepsis. Secondly nurses don't clean needles, they come already sterilized so that was a bs excuse they gave you.

Procyon

TheRealProcyon
Trophies
Website
discord.me
XP
Country
Netherlands
Let me get a few things straight, I'm autistic myself, and I'm open about it, I don't believe it's caused by vaccines at all.
This is the issue why people think it is, as seen from my eyes:

• Autistic kids rely on trusting others;
  • When they get vaccined some aren't visible autistic, because they know who to trust;
  • After they get vaccined they feel like their trust is broken, and don't know who to trust anymore;
  • That is because most of the times kids with autism are more sensitive, thus it hurts more;
  • After this they might behave differently because of above reasons, but this isn't the reason they have autism, they had it all along;
  • You're born with autism, it's somehow decided genetically (IIRC);
  • The latter thing is researched and proved, IIRC, people who don't vaccinate aren't thinking good enough.
Autism isn't something bad, you can live with it, people should stop with being so ignorant. The bullets aren't researched yet, but I hope my theory gets proved once, so the whole autism nonsense is cleared for once & for all.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what about the other 40 doctors and studies linked here?
are they all frauds too? would be interesting if you had information, make sure to post it if you do
They may very well be. I'd be more inclined to click on some of the links to read up on it if someone wasn't clearly profiting off of paranoia, but as far as I'm aware most studies done today are based on the original research. It should also be mentioned that 40 doctors are a drop in the ocean compared to the thousands that have done studies saying vaccines DON'T cause autism.

And another thing I find fucked up is how antivaxxers would rather their children (or even worse, someone else's child that couldn't be vaccinated for health reasons) DIE of a preventable disease than end up with autism.

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Vaccines cannot cause autism. I mean, you have to be dumb (or not know anything about autism) to say that. Autism is something you have from birth. You can't get it later.

Oh, and here's a fun fact: The first person who linked vaccines with autism got their medical lisence revoked.

Also, why dos everyone keep saying autism is bad? It's different, not worse. Many autistic people said that if a "cure" existed, they wouldn't take it.

One more thing:

What next today?

- Milk is bad for health (yes yes please yes! It's been a while we had this topic)
- Tap water is bad for health (I am sure we never thought of this one!)
- Cellphones cause cancer (I mean, it should be, with all the wireless radio waves in the air!)

I wouldn't be surprised at this point.

They actually do. If you use a cellphone, the chance that you develop brain cancer triples.

Sounds scary? Well, it isn't. The chance goes up from 0.0000000003% to 0.0000000009%. Triple, but who cares, right?

Procyon

TheRealProcyon
Trophies
Website
discord.me
XP
Country
Netherlands
Vaccines cannot cause autism. I mean, you have to be dumb (or not know anything about autism) to say that. Autism is something you have from birth. You can't get it later.

Oh, and here's a fun fact: The first person who linked vaccines with autism got their medical lisence revoked.

Also, why dos everyone keep saying autism is bad? It's different, not worse. Many autistic people said that if a "cure" existed, they wouldn't take it.

One more thing:

They actually do. If you use a cellphone, the chance that you develop brain cancer triples.

Sounds scary? Well, it isn't. The chance goes up from 0.0000000003% to 0.0000000009%. Triple, but who cares, right?

I'm autistic & wouldn't want to be "normal", it's more of a gift than a curse.

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you take your time going through the links

Mm Hmm.

AeTL4xT.png

Yeah, no thank you.

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
aap.org is an organization financed by all the pharmaceutical industry leaders though:
https://www.aap.org/en-us/about-the-aap/corporate-relationships/Pages/Friends-of-Children-Fund-President's-Circle.aspx
just asking, how much credit can be given to the paper you linked?

Here's a more reliable source. Anyway there is money involved in anti-vaxxing too. John Oliver made a piece about it recently.

Anyway, bottom line is, there is a danger associated with a vaccines (not autism) but the gains outgain the risk. Bad sounding components of the vaccines are usually preservatives and sometimes ways of containing the actual contents of the vaccines so they have just the right system reaction to it.

Other common fears are stuff like cancer, and yes some components are carcinogenic but the risk is similar to say, have red meat in your diet.

Stuff like polio and smallpox are much deadlier, and vaccines prevent them from people getting them and spreading unto others. On the early to mid-20th century many of these kind of disieses were erradicated and mortality drop quite a bit. And you really can't say it was about the food, specially in countries like the US where processed food grew exponentially and obesity is through the roof.

Some anti-vaxxers claim they are fine even though never been vaccined. That is both because of luck and benefitting from heard immunity.

I have a friend who studied immunology and is now a researcher that if there is interest enough and he as the time I can ask him to post in here.

comput3rus3r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you haven't, and I doubt you've read much of what you posted.

This statement clearly shows your motive: trolling.

First, OP copy/pasted most of this directly from a debunked Facebook post: https://www.facebook.com/marcellaterry/posts/10213328986367000
I don't know if this is the original source OP copy/pasted it from, but this was at least one of the links on the chain of nonsense that's been copy/pasted.

Second, this post is what's commonly referred to as a "scattershot approach" to an argument. When someone has a weak argument, he or she will overwhelm the opposing side with quantity instead of quality in an effort to win. If the OP had posted one or two articles, it would have been easy enough for any one of us to demonstrate how the article is discredited nonsense. By posting an overwhelming number of articles (and making things even more convoluted by posting the same thing more than once in a random fashion to make the list seem even more overwhelming than it is), the OP has shifted the time-consuming work of discrediting each article onto those of us who understand that there is no link between vaccines and autism, which disincentivizes any kind of rebuttal. The scattershot approach also has the added benefit of making a point of view seem more supported by evidence than it actually is.

When you actually look at the articles, you'll see that (the ones I looked at) are highly discredited, and some aren't even relevant to the topic of vaccinations. I'm not going to waste my time getting sucked into an obvious scattershot argument by responding to each and every article, but here are a few things that should be noted:
  1. Many (if not most) of the articles deal with the Thimerosal controversy, which is irrelevant since pretty much all but the flu shots don't have Thimerosal anymore. Thimerosal was also never linked to autism (the one article that showed a link was discredited), and the quantities in flu shots are negligible. In addition, Thimerosal-free flu shots exist.
  2. Many (if not most) of the articles are by Mark and David Geier. They have been widely discredited. Here's some information about them from a Science Magazine article:

If you want to have a serious conversation about vaccines and autism, you need to do the following:
  1. Find reputable studies that demonstrate a link between vaccines and autism, which you haven't done.
  2. Present your articles in an honest fashion that doesn't overwhelm anyone who would want to respond.
If you don't do these things, then you're not wanting a serious conversation about autism. You're wanting to troll and respond to everyone by saying "I presented information. Please prove me wrong" over and over again.
Thanks for the link. It's actually even more comprehensive than the ones i posted including court cases.

D

Deleted User

I'm autistic & wouldn't want to be "normal", it's more of a gift than a curse.
First time I've heard this from somebody with autism. I have always wondered what the thinking behind this is, could you explain why? Autism has always seemed to be a barrier, more than a enhancement. I don't have autism, but children in my family are.

Procyon

TheRealProcyon
Trophies
Website
discord.me
XP
Country
Netherlands
First time I've heard this from somebody with autism. I have always wondered what the thinking behind this is, could you explain why? Autism has always seemed to be a barrier, more than a enhancement. I don't have autism, but children in my family are.

Sometimes it's a barrier, but at other times you're better in focusing on certain things, and at times you're more creative, you're seeing the world different which can help. Also every autistic person is unique.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How old are your kids? because the vaccine schedule of today is much more aggressive than in the past. I didn't vaccinate any of my 3 kids and they've never been sick and never go to the doctor. of course nutrition plays a big role in that.
You can thank herd immunity for that. You know, the thing that people like yourself are destroying by not vaccinating your children thus putting kids who can't be vaccinated at risk. I hope you feel good knowing that people will die because of your fucking stupid conspiracy nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one