• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Vasectomies Rise after Roe v. Wade Ruling

Do these People Hate Children?

• Yes

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • No

Votes: 7 87.5%

• Total voters

SG854

Hail Mary
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
https://www.webmd.com/men/news/20220630/vasectomy-requests-increase-after-roe

According to Ben Shapiro people just hate children. Or specifically the people getting vasectomies and support Roe v Wade. They don't like them. They want to abort unborn babies and get vasectomy because people hate children.

Do you agree with Mr. Shapiro? Do these people hate children? Is this what's fueling Roe v. Wade?

There is also a group of Conservatives that support the anti birth control movement. And are looking to bring back the good ol' farm days and try to get women to pop out as many kids as they can without any birth control in the way.

https://www.vogue.com/article/anti-birth-control-movement

Do people that support birth control, support abortion, & support vasectomies, hate Children?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220702-063919_Facebook.png
    Screenshot_20220702-063919_Facebook.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 27

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of the people, perhaps even a majority of people, who support birth control, abortion rights, vasectomies, etc. are themselves parents, so no.

Off topic, but I'd argue that if the state can violate a woman's bodily autonomy rights by forcing her to remain pregnant, then it seems perfectly consistent to me for a state to violate a man's bodily autonomy rights by forcing him to have a vasectomy.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It would be nice if people, e.g. Mr. Shapiro, stopped oversimplifying topics and exaggerating reactions to the extreme.
I believe he is starting to become a caricature of himself with this type of clickbait exaggerated reactions.

Sure there's a group of people that hate children.
But I believe most people just would like not to bring children just by accident and as a side effect. I think they would like to bring children to the world in a planned way, specially when they are determined to devote themselves and put all their effort into raising them. It is not just that "people hate children".

Reactions: Lacius and Xzi

SG854

Hail Mary
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
It would be nice if people, e.g. Mr. Shapiro, stopped oversimplifying topics and exaggerating reactions to the extreme.
I believe he is starting to become a caricature of himself with this type of clickbait exaggerated reactions.

Sure there's a group of people that hate children.
But I believe most people just would like not to bring children just by accident and as a side effect. I think they would like to bring children to the world in a planned way, specially when they are determined to devote themselves and put all their effort into raising them. It is not just that "people hate children".
Or bad economy, rasing living costs, housing getting more expensive. It's expensive to live and a child will make that much worse.

SyphenFreht

As above, so below
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Imagine having a platform just to push the ideal that people=money, and anything that even vaguely implies the slowing down of constant childbirth is bad because it takes away from all the money that could be made off them.

People are products in America, nothing more in the eyes of big corporate.

Reactions: Lacius and Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
People hate a system that won't even support the needs of the existing population, yet expects us to prop up the fairy tale of unlimited growth through forced breeding anyway. Shapiro is just another pathetic bootlicking grifter that'll say anything for a quick buck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?