Emulation VBA - Codes Not Working?

penance

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi. I rarely post here, but I've been using this site a long time. I have a problem and I know this is the best place to get a solution, or at least an answer as to why the problem is happening, so here I am.

I've been using VisualBoyAdvance 1.7.2 and I've always been able to get the cheat function to work with no problems, but now it seems no matter what game, codes, or device option I use, nothing works. I'm not sure if it's because I'm on Vista now or some other reason, but I was wondering if anyone else ever had this issue and knew what was going on. If it's something I have to live with, I'm prepared for that.

Thanks for any help any of you can offer. I appreciate it.

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hmmm....
Im on vista myself but i can get cheats/codes to work so im sure its not a vista related problem.

gamesharks seem to fail on me UBER bad but Codebreakers on the other hand works

I dont know what codes your trying to use but you know, ensure you have master codes in, and i suggest codebreakers aslo, Im sure theres a better version VBA now "1.8.0beta_3"

Try upgrading? XD

penance

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tried that beta already, did the same thing. And I tried all devices I could think of, Gameshark, Codebreaker, Action Replay, etc, every code I could find, just to see if something would work, and nothing has. I also made sure to use master codes, but also tried without for the hell of it. Maybe I'm just choosing the wrong games, but I know I've used codes on Contra before and I know they've worked. I don't know what's going on. Thanks for your suggestions though.

userpr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had Vista before and I was able to get all codes working just fine. However, now that I've switched over to Windows 7 I can't get them working either for some reason.

penance

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just wanted people to know that I've made a fool out of myself. There wasn't a problem with the emulator after all, it's just that I forgot that apart from the Enable/Disable checkmark on the actual Code List screen, there is also an option on the main menu as well to disable all cheats and for all this time, I've had that selected without realizing. Of course as soon as I deselected it, codes started working again. I apologize for wasting your time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3