Gaming VC: Gate of Thunder SuperCD

VmprHntrD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to own it, well after I got rid of the Duo I kept this and Ys Book 1+2. GoT booted to a menu that also included Bonk1, Bonk2, and with some button play off a secret code Bomberman (aka: Dynablaster on MSDOS PCs in Europe if you choose to look it up.)

Did Nintendo/Hudson drop the full CD there, or did they hack it up and just pop in GoT only?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've asked someone who has it and they say it doesn't seem to have the games.
frown.gif

This is very annoying as Nintendo promised that all games will be how they were originally released, we've had some titles that have bugs in them but unchanged because "thats the way they were".

Not good.

chronjohnson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So you'd be happier-me-do if they kept it in the original Japanese-me-do since that was the version that came-me-do with only Gate of Thunder on the disc-me-do?

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you'd be happier-me-do if they kept it in the original Japanese-me-do since that was the version that came-me-do with only Gate of Thunder on the disc-me-do?
Are you attempting humour?
nyanya.gif

Didn't the game game have the bonus games on the none Japanese release? If not, I did not know so I take back what I said but the Japanese should get the games.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think that compilation disc was just thrown together as a pack in for the Turbo Duo, and all of the games on it had been previously released individually for the TurboGrafx-16 or Turbo CD.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that compilation disc was just thrown together as a pack in for the Turbo Duo, and all of the games on it had been previously released for the TurboGrafx-16 or Turbo CD.
Yeah just been reading that plus the two Bonk games that were featured are already on VC. Kinda thought that they were on the disc as everyone on vc-review were going on about it.

ocarson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
From looking at videos of this title it looks similar to the Thunder Force series, are they related in any way? I only ask because they both have Thunder in the title.
Oh, and how many blocks does this title take up?

VmprHntrD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goddamnit cheap fucking Hudson pricks...well I'm not buying it now. And yes anyone who got the Turbo Duo got this as a packin with 3 (Techincally 4 with hidden bomberman) games. I only just last year got rid of it and my Ys discs as the emulation on PCs even after this long is crap.

Oh well...I'll just wait for Ys Book 1 & 2 then.

Thanks for the answer as I almost wasting money on that. Guess I'll just be getting S&P eventually and various Neo Geo games with the rare TG16/Duo CD. I don't want Sega games again, have the Nintendo ones I care about so that's pointless. I'd love to really line up a nice Neo Geo arcade on my tv using the Wii in time. I'm hoping Magician Lord, Baseball Stars 2, and a few others that have esrb/etc ratings already show up shortly. I'm so getting World Heroes though as I fed that thing quarters like mad in college and could dominate greatly with it.

chronjohnson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No one attempting humor by appending -me-do to the end of every word could ever be successful. In the future www.pcecp.com will strip the situation of all humor prior to its necessity...by way of its boring information. Like what versions what bonus games came on.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No one attempting humor by appending -me-do to the end of every word could ever be successful.
So who does that then?

I've used it only to described games and not in any way at an attempt to be funny, I do it as a homage to the old Digitiser pages from the 90's. You don't like it? Don't read it, simple as that! And I only mean that with the greatest of respect. If you got any more complaints simply PM me, I'd hate to take over someones thread just squabbling.

As for the game, I do think that it is worth the points if you like shooters with or without the bonus stuff. The Devil mode is a right bitch to go through. I hope Lords of Thunder (aka Wings of Thunder) makes it to the VC as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :wub: