Hacking Version number on EmuNand ending with S

Haryor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello! I've successfully booted into Custom Firmware (following the guide for setting up EmuNand) but the version number I see in system settings ends with S, insted of E. Did I do something wrong? Thanks in advance!

Deleted member 383179

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
You're not on emunand in that case, you're likely on sysnand CFW.
Edit: https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/user_guide/rcm/
Did you click on the wrong link on this page? That would set you up to get CFW without emunand, and that's how you get the S on the version, unless you just launched sysnand CFW by accident.

Last edited by Deleted member 383179,
Reactions: Lacius

Haryor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You're not on emunand in that case, you're likely on sysnand CFW.
Edit:
Did you click on the wrong link on this page? That would set you up to get CFW without emunand, and that's how you get the S on the version, unless you just launched sysnand CFW by accident.
Oh I just double checked that I followed the whole guide for EmuNand instead of the CFW-no-emunand one. I guess that I launched sysnand CFW by accident, then. Considering that I want to keep Sysnand completely clean, should I proceed to restore my Nand backup?

EDIT: Actually, I just launched it again and made completely sure that I tapped the "Atmosphere FSS0 EmuMMC" icon. And it still shows "9.1.0|AMS 0.10.2|S" on my version number. My SD card was partitioned as per the guide, so I don't get what I did wrong...

EDIT²: Just found out I skipped the "making the emuMMC " step of the guide, probably because I got distracted with the NAND backup details below. That was the issue, just in the unlikely case someone else faces the same problem.

Last edited by Haryor,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Oh I just double checked that I followed the whole guide for EmuNand instead of the CFW-no-emunand one. I guess that I launched sysnand CFW by accident, then. Considering that I want to keep Sysnand completely clean, should I proceed to restore my Nand backup?

EDIT: Actually, I just launched it again and made completely sure that I tapped the "Atmosphere FSS0 EmuMMC" icon. And it still shows "9.1.0|AMS 0.10.2|S" on my version number. My SD card was partitioned as per the guide, so I don't get what I did wrong...

EDIT²: Just found out I skipped the "making the emuMMC " step of the guide, probably because I got distracted with the NAND backup details below. That was the issue, just in the unlikely case someone else faces the same problem.
Yes. If you haven't been online after you accidentally booted sysNAND CFW that's the only way to 100% ensure you won't get banned, it seems like booting into Atmosphere on sysNAND might not be enough to get flagged for a ban but we don't 100% know for sure, so there's still a risk.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izAMt9iehrE