Violence in Video Games and Society

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was reading another forum site entirely but saw a comment that was discussing a totally different topic, but the sentiment I think crosses over as well.

The problem with violence in video games is not with the kids and not with how they might see it. The problem is with the adults making the assumption kids ae too stupid to distinguish fiction from reality.

Yes I know the young are impressionable, they are still mentally evolving yadda yadda yadda.

But I've seen just as many adults with no grasp of reality as I have kids.

Wait, no, the adults are WAAAAAY out in front with an inability to handle reality.

If you are over 20 and religious you are on that list.

I think violence in games is just violence in games. Hey too much can be no different than too much swearing and too much sex.
Hey, I can assure you I can be VERY violent if you give me a reason, and I DO curse too much (personal observation) and I begin each day screwing the wife, I have no problem with liking sex.

But games, like movies or just conversation can take things too far.
Too much violence just lowers the quality level eh.
If my son can't speak to me without over saturating his comment in foul language, I'll just tell him to come back when he has his IQ handy, as he speech is too low forehead moron to be worth listening to.
And I just don't want sex in everything regardless of how much I like the actual act itself.

I don't want over kill depictions of violence. No, blood everywhere and gore and and all that does NOT make the game look more 'cool'. It just makes the designer look lazy.

naglaro00

Mildly disturbed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
viksmart said:
*rest of the post*
Uhh sure lets go with the things you said. After all, I am illiterate.

QUOTE(viksmart @ Apr 17 2010, 09:54 PM) Thanks, for the definition of a game but a game can be just as easily used a simulation.
wacko.gif
So if I play Tetris i'm simulating that giant blocks fall off the sky and once I turn legal age I might become a block myself? Am i that illiterate?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: That's why I had to stop wearing shorts in public. B-)