Hardware Voltage regulator for GBA with ags 101 screen

viral777

mecha connoisseur
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im interested in doing the voltage regulator mod on my gba, but I hear the instructions are different for those with the brightness switch. Has anyone installed the Voltage Regulator on their GBA's?

viral777

mecha connoisseur
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean bennvenn's one? Yes I did on my GBA and GBA SP, what do you want to know?
Just wondering if you have found a guide or something to help with the process. The only guide I found was for the GBA backlit mods WITHOUT the brightness switch. I also wanted to know how it all looked inside the gba.

Stremon

Trophies
Website
jbbongrand.blogspot.fr
XP
Country
France
If we are still speaking about the Bennvenn brightness control and LCD backlight driver PCBs (they work in duo), if you watch the tutorial carefully you will see that the first step is to desolder the backlight pin at the back of the screen to connect it directly to bennvenn's PCBs.
So it doesn't matter if you have a brightness switch or not since it won't be used anymore.

Unless you don't want to use bennvenn's brightness control PCB, in that case you need to connect the switch circuit to the lcd driver PCB, which seems very difficult and sadly can't help you on that :(

Edit: forgot to answer to your last question, because the PCB are so tiny and doesn't require so many wires, it fits quite well inside the original GBA. The GBA SP on the other hand is a very tight fit, had trouble making everything fit inside.

Last edited by Stremon,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already