Not open for further replies.

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to be blunt, but respectful about this.

I don't know about you, fellow tempers, but @porkiewpyne is a half-assed moderator. First, you can't pick and choose what is off-topic. If it is off-topic, it's off-topic, end of story. Your idea of "justice" (or whatever you operate by) is flawed. You pick and choose what to "censor" in a way that seems to lean toward favoritism rather than actual "moderating".

Literally, you never give a reason for your "moderating", you just censor. It is far more logical (albeit more work) to add a reason, if you choose to "moderate", yet you never do, and this is why @raulpica is leagues beyond you, and will always be. @Issac, half-asleep, is still a better choice for moderator than @porkiewpyne.

Since Day 1, you have been the bottom "mod" (can't even type that without quotes) and you seem to have no ambition on improving relations with members of this site; you pick and choose at your discretion what is or isn't allowed on this site, as if you are the direct site owner.

I have a feeling that maybe no one has told you you're doing a bad job, but here it is--you've literally pushed me to create this thread and suggestion:

a voting system to get rid of mods who aren't doing their job.

You need a reckoning and to be held accountable for doing a terrible "job".

I figure not everyone should have the ability to vote, much like the US voting system; there should be a certain post count (2K+), minimum length of time your account has been active (2 years), a threshold for how many warnings you've had (no more than 5), and the ability to voice your concerns (in full sentences) to be eligible to have your vote counted.

I can personally say, I have warning points that have come from @ raulpica, but I was given a reason, and because of that, I know what not to do. This is an example of a good, fair moderator.

Imagine you're sent to jail, for no reason or were given a fine, for well, you tell me, because @porkiewpyne doesn't and never has, for anyone. This is a problem and I have the solution: let "mods" know that they are not absolute--you need improvement in your flawed "justice" and if you continue "moderating" in such a flawed manner, you will lose your position and acquire the title "incompetent" below your name as a badge of shame.

@Costello, @BORTZ, @Issac, @raulpica, @Minox

You all have my respect and deepest gratitude for exercising due diligence and competence in every sense of the word of being an owner, supervisor, mod, but @porkiewpyne is a black eye on the face of GBATemp--you can't defend the actions by saying he's a "newbie", either. I believe no one has ever publicly expressed their feelings, but now you know.

In closing, I feel this system, should it be adopted, would reflect views of democracy, a system that may not be perfect, but a system far more fair than a dictatorship.

--H1B1Esquire.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
https://gbatemp.net/help/terms

upload_2018-5-10_18-46-42.png

please refrain from posting threads like this again unless you want to receive warnings.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
GBAtemp Forum Rules & Guidelines said:
If you have an issue with a member or moderation decision contact the member in question or a staff member via PM. DO NOT air your grievances publicly in the original topic or otherwise.

https://gbatemp.net/help/terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:ohnoes::lol::rofl::rofl2: