Review VV's Dead Space iOS Review

VentusVanitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I've been listening to it. Thanks guys.

Keep an eye out for my blog, I'll be rewriting my review system, and after replaying this game a second time, I'm noticing it's flaws.

Time to review my review.

JoyConG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've played it, I'm up to chapter 7.

I imagine this is going to be short?? It looks great on my iPhone 4. Like, this is legit a good game.

If theres one con I got, it's the camera sometimes. I've had to shoot some enemies that get the drop on me on a quick whim. If you don't double tap your character to do a 180 (Which I don't always remember to do) the camera pans around incorrectly and all you see is the wall.

This has only happened twice in the few hours of play, so it's not a big deal.. but I can't find anything else to complain about
tongue.gif
It works and plays so well.

It's games like these that make the iDevices a legit contender in the handheld space. You're not missing too-too much if you have dead space 2 and the other releases, but this reaks of quality that's on a very respectable level

Also, why can't a game have a perfect score in a users review (or in general)? A review is nothing more than an opinion. "Professional" or biased- it's all the same. For what the game is, an unofficial perfect score sounds right up its alley.

iluvfupaburgers

FUPA Luva
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
i already played this game. and as i said before. controls were going to be bad. i mean its ok for just having the touch screen as main source for controls, but it does limit movement. and graphics are ok on the game. the game doesnt have the dark gloomy look the console versions have, it is more lighted which makes you see enemies easier, and it is a little downed in graphics and ipod can have better graphics than that as seen in many other games

VentusVanitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've taken everyone's words into account. I'm writing a new review, and this is my new system.

------------------------------

The total score will be out of thirty. Gameplay and story will be out of ten, and graphics and sound will be out of 5, for a grand total of thirty points.

I won’t give sum-ups for scores (Must buy, Horrible Sequel etc.) but I will explain each rating briefly.

Is this more fair than the last?

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
VentusVanitas said:
I've taken everyone's words into account. I'm writing a new review, and this is my new system.

The total score will be out of thirty. Gameplay and story will be out of ten, and graphics and sound will be out of 5, for a grand total of thirty points.

I won’t give sum-ups for scores (Must buy, Horrible Sequel etc.) but I will explain each rating briefly.

Probably, but I have to tell you story should NOT be ten. Mostly it shouldn't be a rating. Change it with Presentation or Aesthetic or Replay Value instead. Story is not relevant in some games, and a good example of this is the platforming Mario games, or the Pokemon games (which have lame and repetitive stories) and the party or mini-games (which have no story at all).

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingdomBlade said:
VentusVanitas said:

Probably, but I have to tell you story should NOT be ten. Mostly it shouldn't be a rating. Change it with Presentation or Aesthetic or Replay Value instead. Story is not relevant in some games, and a good example of this is the platforming Mario games, or the Pokemon games (which have lame and repetitive stories) and the party or mini-games (which have no story at all).
Exactly. My review system consists of four categories (usually) Gameplay, Graphics, Story, and replay. These can change depending on the game I'm reviewing.

Here is a link to my RDR review. You'll notice, the in addition to my unbiased review score, you'll also notice my personal score. This is where you put how much you actually liked the game, but this isn't what people look to when buying a game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa...