vWii Hacking Issues

your_sunset

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Hello, everybody. I've started having odd issues with vWii modding, because now I'm unable to load games with WiiFlow. I modded my vWii with this guide - wiiu hacks guide/#/vwii-modding on my first Wii U which I sold already, after that games easily appeared in WiiFlow app after I installed them on USB via WiiBackupManager. I modded my second Wii U and it worked flawlessly too. Then, I modded my third Wii U and for some reason it didn't see the games on my USB (formatted to FAT32). When I turn off "Force Load cIOS" in WiiFlow settings, games appear in the menu, games work from SD as well, but choosing cIOS from the game settings doesn't work. Also choosing 249 or 250 cIOS manually doesn't work too. USB slot is chosen correctly in the settings, also Wii Partition settings are set to USB1. I wonder what might be an issue here and I would greatly appreciate if you have a look at my case :)

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Best check this guide USB-Loader GX troubleshooting wich i created for troubleshooting such issues using USB-Loader GX. I am not 100% familiar with Wiiflow, but it might solve some issues, too.
Just first thoughts: Use a Y-Cable with external Powersuplly, try ios 58 as loader ios (maybe it does if "Force Load cios" is disabled), Run a drive check Powershell cjkdsk X: /r (X your driveletter). Try Usbloader GX (if it works its a problem with Wiiflow).

Reactions: jeannotte

your_sunset

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Best check this guide wich i created for troubleshooting such issues using USB-Loader GX. I am not 100% familiar with Wiiflow, but it might solve some issues, too.
Just first thoughts: Use a Y-Cable with external Powersuplly, try ios 58 as loader ios (maybe it does if "Force Load cios" is disabled), Run a drive check Powershell cjkdsk X: /r (X your driveletter). Try Usbloader GX (if it works its a problem with Wiiflow).
I'm using Y Micro SD Adapter which I assume should have enough power to be read. Also, could you please tell, is it possible for usuak USB stick to work on one Wii U and not work on another?
Also, I would like to point out that there's something with cIOS (249, 250 and 251) because with them turned on ("Force Load cIOS" ) USB is not visible for WiiFlow via Path Manager section in the Settings. With them turned off USB stick is visible without problems
Also, I would check later your steps and will try to follow them, thanks

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry, but i dont have a answer atm why the same usb stick might work on one WiiU but dont another. Wouldn`t be the first time.
By the way, i will think you are using a usb drive like hdd (sdd sometimes dont work flawless with a USB Loader). And Flashdrives like sticks cause mostly problems.

Thats why i say try using ios 58 as loader ios instead the cios if possible on Wiiflow. Or try a installed cios with base 58 and d2x patch v10 beta 52.
IOS58 is a officiall USB 2.0 support IOS for the Wii. The cioses having patches wich are using a modul that isnt supported by a lot if drives.

If you are using Wiiflow, check for latest version of Wiiflow lite.

Last edited by Sypherone,
Reactions: jeannotte

your_sunset

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Sorry, but i dont have a answer atm why the same usb stick might work on one WiiU but dont another. Wouldn`t be the first time.
By the way, i will think you are using a usb drive like hdd (sdd sometimes dont work flawless with a USB Loader). And Flashdrives like sticks cause mostly problems.

Thats why i say try using ios 58 as loader ios instead the cios if possible on Wiiflow. Or try a installed cios with base 58 and d2x patch v10 beta 52.
IOS58 is a officiall USB 2.0 support IOS for the Wii. The cioses having patches wich are using a modul that isnt supported by a lot if drives.

Unfortunately it's only possible to force 249, 250 or 251 in the settings. Also my cIOS is d2x patch v10 beta 52.

your_sunset

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus

Maybe I should restore vWii with backup I made before and try once again?

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Did you tryed USB Loader GX with ios 58, does the games run with it? Else the drive might be incompatible.
As very last option i would restore the Nand. Only if the Nand backup is clean or Wiiflow runs before fine with launching games, then yes.

your_sunset

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Did you tryed USB Loader GX with ios 58, does the games run with it? Else the drive might be incompatible.
As very last option i would restore the Nand. Only if the Nand backup is clean or Wiiflow runs befor, then yes.
Yes, I also tried USB Lodaer GX, but it never worked even when WiiFlow did :) I just don't know why, I add games with Wii Backup Manager and USB Loader GX doesn't see them
Is backup from other system will be fine? Of the same region

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is backup from other system will be fine? Of the same region
Dont do that, never! Your vWii brick if you use a Nand System from different system!

I just don't know why, I add games with Wii Backup Manager and USB Loader GX doesn't see them
In USB-Loader GX there is a checkbox on top and needs to be checked to make Wii games appear. You did?

If you verifyed and tryed everything from the guide/list, (also tryed CFG Loader, just to verify) your drive might be incompatible. Its nothing unusual.

your_sunset

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Dont do that, never! Your vWii brick if you use a Nand System from different system!

In USB-Loader GX there is a checkbox on top and needs to be checked to make Wii games appear. You did?

If you verifyed and tryed everything from the guide/list, (also tryed CFG Loader, just to verify) your drive might be incompatible. Its nothing unusual.
I just tried it once again - game appeared in the game list in USB Loader GX. I set cios 249, 250 and 251 as Game cIOS in settings, and none of this worked - app closed after a couple of seconds of blackscreen and then I ended up in Homebrew Launcher

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just for clearens, you also set ios 58 as loader ios (instead 249/250/251)?

I'm using Y Micro SD Adapter which I assume should have enough power to be read
If you are using a Micro SD Adapter, they work really really bad one a USB Loader. You might try formating it with wbfs, but only wii games can run from it. So its nothing unusual if it dont work. HDD`s are recommened.

your_sunset

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Just for clearens, you also set ios 58 as loader ios (instead 249/250/251)?

If you are using a Micro SD Adapter, they work really really bad one a USB Loader. You might try formating it with wbfs, but only wii games can run from it. So its nothing unusual if it dont work. HDD`s are recommened.
Yes, Loader ios - 58
Game ios - 249/250/251

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87... +1