Hardware vWii HDD spindown

oji

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hello, I've a weird problem arisen a while ago. When I turn on my Wii U the USB HDD (Ustealthed) attached to it is spinning down after a couple of minutes while it's setting are set to never do it. This never happened before, disk also isn't stopping if I connect it only after a vWii mode is started. On my old Wii & PC it's also keep spinning "forever". This problem cause a hang on a boot of any USB Loader (CFG, GX, WiiFlow) so if I want to play Wii games on my Wii U & have to attach HDD only in a vWii mode.

I believe it's concerned to a one of a Wii U's firmware updates as I've no changed any other settings. Does anyone have ideas how to fix it?

oji

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
No it doesn't. It's WD My Passport 2Tb drive. It's have had a single USB 3.0 cable but I've replaced it with an Y-type. As I said before the problem only happens if I plug in my HDD in a Wii U mode. If it's in a vWii already & I attach my drive so there are no problems at all.

My current firmware is 5.3.2E, btw.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I am understanding you correctly, you are trying to use the same HDD for Wii U and vWii mode? I don't think you can do that.

oji

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
No, you've read it wrong. I've the USB HDD formatted for a FAT32 system & UStealthed to get rid of a nag screen. My problem is that this HDD is spinning down if connected before the Wii U is turned on (in a Wii U mode). But it's (HDD) settings are set to disable spindown at all. And this is so if I connect this HDD to my PC, to already turned on Wii U in a vWii mode & to a original Wii (not U). This problem hasn't been happened for me before, seems like this setting is overridden in a Wii U mode for now, after a firmware update or something else.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am sure someone will be along with more experience soon. Make sure that HDD is backed up, it could be failing.

fatherjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have you tried disabling USB sleep mode in the WiiU?

go to Settings > Data management
then press D-Pad DOWN and 'Start' and 'Select' buttons at the same time
hold for a couple of seconds and the disable USB storage pop-up will appear.

good luck

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's sleep mode that's the problem, check the manufacturer's website. Sometimes they have a way to tweak settings via an app.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Dumpflam, Report it or contact staff.