Hacking WAIN Card Dumper NX

Foen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Final update has been added to the OP. FAT32 dumping is now supported in 2GB chunks and option to dump without a cert. Cart2 games still not supported and likely will not be.
image2.jpg

maybe this help you out. can't wait for Jola to add the changes to keep it even with now private tool

Last edited by Foen,

MonMonz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
i will test that and report back if i succeed
Welcome :)
well after trying it actually it dose not work for me !
i tried fat32 dump but i get the same error code as Exfat "MountGameCard Faild 320002"!
Am using sandisk SD Card 64 gb formatted to fat32

Last edited by MonMonz,

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sucks that it's exFAT only...I have tried my exFAT card and it wouldn't read ANY of the homebrew I put on it...it would load Hekate and would open the HBL, but HBL would say there is no applications :/

Reactions: Masterwin

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sucks that it's exFAT only...I have tried my exFAT card and it wouldn't read ANY of the homebrew I put on it...it would load Hekate and would open the HBL, but HBL would say there is no applications :/
That's because while Hekate supports exFAT, Horizon does not without the proper update. If you are not on the latest firmware, I would suggest checking the Tutorials section for a guide on how to get the exFAT update without updating your system firmware.

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's because while Hekate supports exFAT, Horizon does not without the proper update. If you are not on the latest firmware, I would suggest checking the Tutorials section for a guide on how to get the exFAT update without updating your system firmware.

I'm on latest firmware. (Granted it wasn't intentional, I didn't have the notice for a software update on my Switch when I put my exFAT card in and it said it needed exFAT drivers, so I told it to update, next thing I know it updated to 5.1.0...the MicroSD card did show up on my Switch in the Settings menu though). I think the problem is, my exFAT card had other stuff on it, since I "borrowed" it from my SD2Vita adapter. I am in the process of doing a backup of that exFAT card then i'm going to duplicate my FAT32 card that is currently in the Switch (it's only a 4GB) onto the 32GB exFAT since I know it's properly set up

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on latest firmware. (Granted it wasn't intentional, I didn't have the notice for a software update on my Switch when I put my exFAT card in and it said it needed exFAT drivers, so I told it to update, next thing I know it updated to 5.1.0...the MicroSD card did show up on my Switch in the Settings menu though). I think the problem is, my exFAT card had other stuff on it, since I "borrowed" it from my SD2Vita adapter. I am in the process of doing a backup of that exFAT card then i'm going to duplicate my FAT32 card that is currently in the Switch (it's only a 4GB) onto the 32GB exFAT since I know it's properly set up
That's weird. The only other scenario I can think of is that the SD card was removed while you were booted into Horizon. Apparently, doing this can corrupt the SD card and prevent it from being read by Horizon. The fix is relatively simple but its also important to note that haphazardly unmounting the SD card will prevent if from being read until its fixed.

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's weird. The only other scenario I can think of is that the SD card was removed while you were booted into Horizon. Apparently, doing this can corrupt the SD card and prevent it from being read by Horizon. The fix is relatively simple but its also important to note that haphazardly unmounting the SD card will prevent if from being read until its fixed.

I did remove the card while in Horizon once. I didn't know SD cards weren't swappable while booted, however, it wasn't reading homebrew BEFORE I did that...but, hopefully copying my known working setup will fix my issue..and clearing all the data off my 32GB card so it's ONLY got Switch related stuff on it and no Vita stuff (it could have some ini files or something preventing HBL from reading the contents of /switch

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did remove the card while in Horizon once. I didn't know SD cards weren't swappable while booted, however, it wasn't reading homebrew BEFORE I did that...but, hopefully copying my known working setup will fix my issue..and clearing all the data off my 32GB card so it's ONLY got Switch related stuff on it and no Vita stuff (it could have some ini files or something preventing HBL from reading the contents of /switch
It does not matter if it was reading homebrew or not as unmounting it once in Horizon prevents it from being read any other subsequent attempts. Anyways, here's the fix if you haven't done something similar yet
Switch's filesystem service has this bug since ever.

Connect your sd card to a windows PC and select everything inside.
Right click, properties, advanced, disable "folder/file is ready for archiving". Done.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. On Switch Nintendo checks that the cert comes from the same game. You can't use a cert from a different game
Source? As far as we know this is still unconfirmed.

So, just to reiterate a question I saw earlier in the thread, but never saw answered; is there a list somewhere of what games are cart2?
Yes, answered here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/xci-dumper.506700/page-3#post-8035442

If you're using a Mac, it doesn't work. Copy the homebrew over with Windows or Android or literally anything else. Also, FAT32 is supported now.

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Source? As far as we know this is still unconfirmed.

Yes, answered here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/xci-dumper.506700/page-3#post-8035442

If you're using a Mac, it doesn't work. Copy the homebrew over with Windows or Android or literally anything else. Also, FAT32 is supported now.

Yea, I ended up using the my Windows PC to copy it over...playing some SNES ROMs with my 32GB card now....Also tested WAIM XCI dumper with Splatoon 2 just to see if it would work...not like I can do anything with the game, but maybe in the future, it will be possible to dump our own games and run them? (maybe the TX will allow for dumping personal games and running them, don't know if they have done anything differently, but it's still good to have my Splatoon 2 game backed up with my own Cert's since it's the only game I even play online)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, I ended up using the my Windows PC to copy it over...playing some SNES ROMs with my 32GB card now....Also tested WAIM XCI dumper with Splatoon 2 just to see if it would work...not like I can do anything with the game, but maybe in the future, it will be possible to dump our own games and run them? (maybe the TX will allow for dumping personal games and running them, don't know if they have done anything differently, but it's still good to have my Splatoon 2 game backed up with my own Cert's since it's the only game I even play online)
I believe the only difference that the dumps produced by BBB is that they have the header data scrubbed so they cannot be used to go online. Dumps made with this tool should work just as well as those dumps because they're in the same format which is .XCI

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Anyone played Animal Well?
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    What's your thoughts?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @HiradeGirl, This commercial doesn't need to be made.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I get what they were trying to say but what the ad actually says is "we tried to cram a ton of features into the iPad but all of them got irreparably mangled
    in the process."
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That'll be fixed in the next update
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did Janet Jackson release a new song
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Is Janet Jackson alive?
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    And has she put her boob away yet?
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry:
    +1
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    I hope this is a dream and I'm not actually leaving messages for others to see. :ninja:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You are not.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nobody is reading what you post.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That Dell data breach is worse than people probably realize....
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    and sing along
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: and sing along