Hacking WAIN Card Dumper NX

Masterwin

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Here the source updated with the changes from 0.0.3:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b1dofgp2ntsnvji/Switch Gamecard dumper + WAIN v0.0.3.zip?dl=0
Note: WAIN uses 2000000000 (1,86 GB) instead of 2147483648 (2GB), my version uses 2GB, see "dumper.h"

Tested and working with Super Mario Odyssey (8GB rom).

And before someone asks, no i don't know how to add cart2 support.

Note: if you get "MountGameCard failed" then your switch is on FW 1.0.0-2.3.0, the minimum required firmware for
this tool is 3.0.0, Nintendo changed some apis or permissions in 3.0.0 and so some code is broken on older firmwares, this has nothing to do with exfat.

not work in fw 3.0.0

FAIL 320002

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No i guess i fixed that myself when recreating the source ^^.

Code:
        //WAIN 0.0.3 fat32 support
        if(isFat32 && ftell(outFile) >= SPLIT_FILE_2GB)
        {
            splitId++;
            fclose(outFile);
            sprintf(filenamebuf, "game.xci%i", splitId);
            fopen(filenamebuf, "wb");
        }

the original code made a mistake here, it uses "if (isFat32 & ftell(outFile) >= SPLIT_FILE_2GB)", so i guess the check fails for part 1.
All parts dumped by my code are exact 2,00 GB.
Awesome! Now to bring it up to snuff with v.0.0.5:
image.jpg

Reactions: Jayro

Masterwin

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
What game are you trying to dump ?
"MountGameCard failed 320002" means, that it can't read the partition on the gamecard.

@AnalogMan
If you have 0.0.5, you just need to send me the binary and i can recreate the source ^^.

I have released hbl by pegaswitch web, in fw 3.0.0 with sd fat32, I have mariokart and the error is failed 320002
0tns4KR.jpeg

nK6RMTG.jpeg

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
you could use hxd to split the files
Well I'm not on windows so I don't have HxD, so I'll either have to use a different hex editor or find another program. Thanks though

EDIT: you and @dankzegriefer must not have known about this
good to see the option exists, and now I know for others if they ask

Last edited by OkazakiTheOtaku,

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm not on windows so I don't have HxD, so I'll either have to use a different hex editor or find another program. Thanks though

EDIT: you and @dankzegriefer must not have known about this
good to see the option exists, and now I know for others if they ask
Yep, didn't know about that, but I don't use Unix either, I just use HxD for splitting and joining

Reactions: OkazakiTheOtaku

runetoonxx2

GBATemp's Cancer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So when sx comes out use this to dump my botw cartridge and use its cert on all my dumps using xci explorer and hopefully itll be like sky3ds with private header right?

runetoonxx2

GBATemp's Cancer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are talking about the certificate on the cartridge, you cannot edit it no matter what. The cartridge cannot be edited because it is read-only meaning it is only meant to be run. The files on it cannot be modified within the cartridge. If you dump the cartridge, you can remove the certificate. Also, every single certificate is unique meaning no 2 licenses should ever be the same. Seeing 2 identical licenses online means that the game's data was illegally shared with someone else as there is no feasible way to do this outside of hacking.

When it comes to bans, they can ban the console, Nintendo Account, or both. Banning your Nintendo account is probably the least minor ban and because of this, it probably won't be the one they will opt for. Banning your console means they will deny all requests made by your console's unique certificate when doing anything online-related apart from game and system updates. The only way to bypass a ban right now is to inject another certificate from a donor Switch that is not banned which is the same thing as buying another Switch.
how would be go about injecting a certificate from a donor switch???

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how would be go about injecting a certificate from a donor switch???
First, we would need a way to dump/dupe the certificate from a Switch (which we cannot do yet). Then we would need a tool that can write/insert that certificate into the affected Switch (which we also cannot do). This is just one theoretical way of un-banning Switches which is not currently possible, but can be based on what we know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...