Gaming WARNING: Ban wave has started, STAY AWAY FROM LIVE!

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so what's the deal? I've finally got the kits and stuff to mod my 360, which has a lite-on 7k series drive.

Is the Lite Touch firmware out yet?

If not... can I just keep my 360 offline (since it connects wirelessly, all I have to do is unplug the USB) while I use iXtreme 1.6* until the LT is ready and be good (read: not flagged for ban) ?

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
codezer0 said:
Okay, so what's the deal? I've finally got the kits and stuff to mod my 360, which has a lite-on 7k series drive.

If not... can I just keep my 360 offline (since it connects wirelessly, all I have to do is unplug the USB) while I use iXtreme 1.6* until the LT is ready and be good (read: not flagged for ban) ?

Short answer for all of that is....no.

driverzx

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
codezer0 said:

QUOTE(driverzx @ Dec 26 2009, 09:27 AM) How hard is it for people to understand?
Modded console + online = always a console ban from XBL

Enter_Shikari

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just so everyone knows, they aren't doing ban waves anymore... they are constantly banning people, and are checking the consoles instead of the discs. so it doesn't even matter if you have a good rip. my friends console didnt get banned from live... he can't even turn it on anymore D:

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In that case.. would it be possible (at least in my case) to go about...
1: take console offline.
2: flash dvd drive.
3: play the goods.
4: flash stock firmware back.
5: reconnect wireless for regular games (?)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I suspect he has a problem with the hardware that happened to coincide with a ban: full console destruction is not going to be done here.

@codezer0 add in back up and restore NAND and you might get away with it, as it stands though present firmwares seem to be detectable and future work seems to be towards stopping this. It is not there yet though.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It looks like they finally admit to the previous firmwares being detectable, something we all know already. It's official. There is currently no safe firmware.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The data made since banning might be troubled unless you have restored the secdata.bin but other than that you should be good.

Edit: other than that it seems work on LT is still going on- the twitter page mentioned all present checks being found.

Namcom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FAST6191 said:
The data made since banning might be troubled unless you have restored the secdata.bin but other than that you should be good.

Edit: other than that it seems work on LT is still going on- the twitter page mentioned all present checks being found.
So how do i restore the secdata.bin?

And what kind of trouble might this result in?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My bad, I really should have elaborated on that.

When banned the secdata.bin is trashed but you can restore it either with a backup if you had one or you can usually (only very new consoles seem to be troubled) pull it from a dump of a banned box.
This deletion of the secdata.bin leads to the box being dubbed "crippled" and it is a new thing as of this banning "wave".

The secdata.bin is ultimately responsible for allowing you to sign
game saves
profile data
hard drive installs.

A crippled box will allow games to save on that box but trying to move it to another box will cause it to say "data corrupted" meaning you will at best be dropped back to how you were before the ban (any progress since will be lost to that box).
http://www.free60.org/Reading_out_NAND (there may be a better version for just the NAND reading/writing).
http://www.xboxhacker.net/index.php?topic=...g87614#msg87614

Namcom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FAST6191 said:
My bad, I really should have elaborated on that.

When banned the secdata.bin is trashed but you can restore it either with a backup if you had one or you can usually (only very new consoles seem to be troubled) pull it from a dump of a banned box.
This deletion of the secdata.bin leads to the box being dubbed "crippled" and it is a new thing as of this banning "wave".

The secdata.bin is ultimately responsible for allowing you to sign
game saves
profile data
hard drive installs.

A crippled box will allow games to save on that box but trying to move it to another box will cause it to say "data corrupted" meaning you will at best be dropped back to how you were before the ban (any progress since will be lost to that box).
http://www.free60.org/Reading_out_NAND (there may be a better version for just the NAND reading/writing).
http://www.xboxhacker.net/index.php?topic=...g87614#msg87614

So, how can I restore the secdata.bin, or does the new xbox automaticly restore it?
I don't really care about the the progress I've made since my ban.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To restore the secdata.bin you will need to

Dump the NAND image from your 360- this means soldering up a cable to do it. The guides will mention it but do it a couple of times to make sure you have a good one and backup the image like you would with any normal key.

Scan the dump with one of the tools linked on indeed you can go manual if you really wanted with the aim of finding the old secdata.bin from before the ban.
Tweak the NAND image/restore the old secdata.bin (these last two steps are now done automatically with the tools)

Flash tweaked image back to your 360.

You should be OK and not lose any (save) data but be aware that it can happen.

damedus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FAST6191 said:
@damedus I am slightly confused as to what you are doing:

1) The signing thing I mentioned goes out with the newer kernels that is to say there is a blacklist with each new kernel of previously valid 360s that can no long sign saves, it is usually reserved for those making hacked saves though.
I found the link that explains this all quite well:
http://xorloser.com/?p=45

2) I am not quite following what you are doing.
If I have grasped it though
You have a modded 360 that never touches a network or at never touches an least an external one.
You have the capability of reading and writing the drive via means that are not a 360 (there are loads of different hard drive apps)
Something like:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=137...t=0&start=0

Or do you mean you grab the dashboard updates and downloadable content from a stock 360 using and later swap the hard disk back to the off network 360.

"detect via HD"- if they can detect via an external device and not the 360 itself then we are all screwed. Note however that this has not yet happened, people have also ran scans on hard drives and as far as I am aware no "useful" changes were detected.

My freshly updated 360 (grrr) would seem to indicate MS do not mind the idea of you updating the kernel via this route, DLC is what sets things off in my head.
If you mean stuff like http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=137...t=0&start=0 then it is game on as far as MS are concerned.
As for the other DLC I thought it was console locked and while you could transfer ownership (see threads on new 360s/hard drives and what have you) a straight swap like you talk of I am not sure works.

Custom kernel, the recent work with rebooter apps would lead me to believe this is a route that will be explored but I doubt it will become essential, not to mention it will require a homebrew capable 360. I sense you need to read up on how modding the drive works and the 360 security in general:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxjpmc8ZIxM&fmt=18

You then seem to go onto a rant which needs no comment.

Others a reading of http://www.xboxhacker.net/index.php?topic=2943.0 might also be in order.

edit: @jaxxster risk sure, high risk I am not so convinced about. I call squeaky wheel/gambler's memory.

in simple terms i have a Jtag and a flashed Xbox for linked play and kai online play thus i never touch live servers with either of my consoles. As for DLC i have a Jtag i can read hacked fakesigned content. In other words I dont play for live anymore and i didnt use it at all when i was paying it. If im gona play anything online i do it via kai wich basicly just lets me system link with my friends and play the game in a semi similar fashion as you would over live(just no random ppl lol wich its a + for me) I just hope they never resort to trying to tamper or ban consoles that never touch live, because they are using live as an excuse to tamper with your console. But the moment you buy something if u wana take a hammer and make it 40 pieces cause u think it looks better you can aslong as you dont go into live with your console they shoudnt tamper with saving and transfering from a console to another and about kernel updates i download them off a pc into a usb drive and install them. I dont use a legit xbox to dl nothing. im getting a legit slim arcade one tho just so i can get kinect and netflix combo on it but as far as gaming goes i think ill stick to my jtag.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Your dad still got laid +1