Gaming WARNING: Ban wave has started, STAY AWAY FROM LIVE!

driverzx

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
jaxxster said:
the words faith not fate people. even if his firmware did get me banned he still personally saved me alot of money for a good 2 years!
Yeah, that's what I was trying to say. But hey, I'm not from an English speaking country.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The last news we had is from Team Jungle on twitter:
# Issues with non-verb media, more performance data, more code, more testing. 7:05 AM Dec 3rd from API
# LT is complete, more testing! 1:58 PM Nov 30th from API

http://twitter.com/teamjungle

There has been nothing since then.

I would not rule of a release this year though; the team behind it all is known for keeping things fairly close to their chests (see last year with the 7 series liteon becoming flashable).

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Raki said:
What I find most interesting is, that they save the flag into your flash memory...why would they save it locally? that may be some leakhole over there.

They didn't originally store any of that info on the console, not until secdata.bin (the file which stores disc layout info etc for each game you play and is sent to MS each time you log onto live) turned up. The bans flagged in secdata.bin probably to save MS the bandwidth. It's now used to fuck up your HDD as well. You can remove the flag (see here) but you'll still be banned from live.

On a side note are peeps sure it's the firmware and not the releases they used that got them banned? My 360 hasn't been banned and all but one of the consoles I've modded for people are still happily on live. The one who was banned was a cheat.

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
FAST6191 said:
# Issues with non-verb media, more performance data, more code, more testing. 7:05 AM Dec 3rd from API

I would not rule of a release this year though; the team behind it all is known for keeping things fairly close to their chests (see last year with the 7 series liteon becoming flashable).

thanks

DarkCrudus

The Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ive gone online with an unbanned box just to look around at the marketplace, though every time ive done this ive kept my dvd drive ejected. n i have yet to be banned.. any confirmation on this?

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
darkcrudus said:
ive gone online with an unbanned box just to look around at the marketplace, though every time ive done this ive kept my dvd drive ejected. n i have yet to be banned.. any confirmation on this?

I think the point is NOT to play a burned backup AT ALL both online and offline.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FAST6191 said:

Looks about time to rule out this year:

LT delayed until further notice!

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
There goes all hope of a nice surprise around Christmas...
frown.gif

Oh well, better it be tested properly then rushed out with bugs that could lead to more banning.

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont even care about the new firmware at this point, i just want them to find a exploit for the banned 360s so we can run homebrew on them. We then wont even need to burn discs and all XBLA games become free. Its a win/win situtation.

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just face reality, they will be able to detect FW from now on. Or, maybe like what sony did, they got to c4eva and he is now paid staff to not release fw. Sony did it to dark alex from what ive been reading. Who knows. It doesnt matter anyway, modding a 360 for online will not be safe anymore no matter what anyone says. I just want homebrew for my 360 and i will be super happy, and keep my ps3 for online games and legit purchases.

m-dog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Isnt this all becuase of those wave 4 games?
What if you have a modded 360 but never played a burnd game on it, can you get banned then?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol