Hacking WARNING!!! SX OS 2.9 BETA: Major issues reported including black screen after 9.0.0 update attempt

Aglae Pheryl

Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes they are, tell me a good reason to use slow XCI that can't switch from docked to handheld instead of nsp that load in fast microSD cards without having to go to a special menu to load them or any other special peripheral
I'll tell you a good reason... Easy drag and drop games to the SD Card. No install needed, no uninstall needed. You can easily find 'superxci files' that hold the game, all updates and DLCs (well there are 'supernsp' files as well you tell me.. sure there are but you still need to install them.
SD card space. You need twice the space on your sd card (one to hold the nsp file and the same amount of space to install the game).
For me, dealing with games this way is easier as the console is shared by 2 of my kids. So thanks to TX for bringing this... but of course shame on 'em for fucking up big time with this update.
I sure hope they fix this quickly.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Custom XCI may be dead at this point, we'll see how that plays out.
Possibly for 9.0 until they fix this, which im sure this was an oversight issue and they kinda rushed it just to keep its supporters in the loop.
But custom xci is still going very strong to those not on 9.0 and have its keys to make their own.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Possibly for 9.0 until they fix this, which im sure this was an oversight issue and they kinda rushed it just to keep its supporters in the loop.
But custom xci is still going very strong to those not on 9.0 and have its keys to make their own.
Yeah maybe it's an oversight or maybe it was broken by whatever new changes in 9.0 and the new gc firmware. Am interested to see.

Reactions: SaggyBeans

RedHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'll tell you a good reason... Easy drag and drop games to the SD Card. No install needed, no uninstall needed. You can easily find 'superxci files' that hold the game, all updates and DLCs (well there are 'supernsp' files as well you tell me.. sure there are but you still need to install them.
SD card space. You need twice the space on your sd card (one to hold the nsp file and the same amount of space to install the game).
For me, dealing with games this way is easier as the console is shared by 2 of my kids. So thanks to TX for bringing this... but of course shame on 'em for fucking up big time with this update.
I sure hope they fix this quickly.
Yeah agree, my collection is all made by xci games, if I had to switch to Atmo I'll had to download everything again, no thanks. Also I've noticed restoring nsp backup saves with checkpoint takes longer because you have to run the game first so the app can restore the backup.
We don't even have proper reports about the emunand actually preventing bans, with SX it's almost a year I'm playing online.

Also what does he mean with " slow xci that can't switch from docked to handheld"?

LysergCooltyp

I don't know why the microwave burns
Trophies
XP
Country
yes they are, tell me a good reason to use slow XCI that can't switch from docked to handheld instead of nsp that load in fast microSD cards without having to go to a special menu to load them or any other special peripheral
Evidently I didn't make this clear enough or you would have gotten the hint. I don't use my switch in handheld mode as indicated by reminding you that only SXOS offers HDD loading. Those couple seconds faster load time and not having to spend two extra clicks on a menu doesn't even remotely justify the price of a microSD big enough to hold all games compared to a HDD.

Reactions: Josshy0125

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I wonder if you update your emunand from atmos to 9.0 then boot sxos v2.9? I ask only if ur one of the people that already done the above mess the update

thanks

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also if u update sysnad with choinx does it skip the game card fuse as well?

Vagos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
The title should change. Choi is not operational with 2.9beta (probably other homebrew apps as well) and freezes during the update firmware process. There is nothing to do with 9.0

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

After using 2.9 and it failed at flashing firmware 0/6 I managed to get my system back by using the downgrade method here https://switch.homebrew.guide/usingcfw/manualchoiupgrade#step-0-before-starting also someone had provided me with the 6.1 exFAT fw mod that you need to create in step 4. The file I also had been given did not have the USER/SAFE folders and still worked for the downgrade with skipping them.

I had no NAND backup but I do now after I got it to boot on 9.0.

Just make sure to upgrade to 9.0 using 2.8 before you put 2.9 back on.
What firmware did you use with choi via desktop? Since any keys with 8.1 firm doesn't seem to work.
Did you use 5.1? I am stuck at the key validation while running choi.exe (cmd)

Lemeshianos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand much from the hacking scene terms. I am already on 9.0.0 official FW updated from Nintendo servers(I am banned but somehow they pushed the update). I managed to get Atmosphere working but I since I already have SX, is there any risk using SX 2.9 beta if I am already on the latest firmware?

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
I don't understand much from the hacking scene terms. I am already on 9.0.0 official FW updated from Nintendo servers(I am banned but somehow they pushed the update). I managed to get Atmosphere working but I since I already have SX, is there any risk using SX 2.9 beta if I am already on the latest firmware?
2.9 is fine overall. The problem is updating the firmware using choidujour and sx os 2.9.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Doesn't sound like there's other major "risks" besides the firmware update thing, except you should know that Stealth Mode doesn't work apparently.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember everyone, the switches belong to our gbatemp family, not the SX team, we should all be concerned about getting their switches fixed, we can shit at them for using SX OS is another time.

Reactions: kornjaca200

clownz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't had any issues except for not being able to update the firmware using ChoidjuourNX in SX OS 2.9 freezing at BIS protection but I came up with my own work around putting the proper folders/files to allow Atmosphere emuMMC to see the same emunand from SX OS and then just using hekate to boot into Atmosphere emuMMC (which in my case was exactly the same as SX OS emunand) and then using ChoidjuourNX to update from emummc. All former SX OS emunand files work fine, no errors in Docked or Handheld mode. No blackscreens etc. I'll post the link to the forum I posted in for reference in case anyone is curious https://gbatemp.net/threads/choiduj...e-nintendo-switch.513416/page-89#post-8806753 . It's probably a lot easier for most people to upgrade the firmware using SX OS 2.8 then the way I did it.
Well, Correction: As of 8:10 am this morning I experienced the error pressing b to back out of the album in SX OS 2.9 in docked mode. Hopefully it gets fixed and is a minor annoyance for me.

Last edited by clownz,

zuche

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Well, seems like I got myself a brick. Did no backups prior. Installed 2.9, decided to update to 9.0 with 1.0.1 Choi and got Flashing Firmware Packages stuck at 0/6. Wish I googled before and did backups. But now I am stuck with black screen. Tried installing atmoshpere 0.9.4, 3 splash screens going to black screen. Tried replacing 2.9 boot.dat with 2.8 - same thing. Tried another clean sd card with fresh install and nothing. Any ideas?

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well, seems like I got myself a brick. Did no backups prior. Installed 2.9, decided to update to 9.0 with 1.0.1 Choi and got Flashing Firmware Packages stuck at 0/6. Wish I googled before and did backups. But now I am stuck with black screen. Tried installing atmoshpere 0.9.4, 3 splash screens going to black screen. Tried replacing 2.9 boot.dat with 2.8 - same thing. Tried another clean sd card with fresh install and nothing. Any ideas?

if you don't have a backup then a manual rebuild would be needed
https://switch.homebrew.guide/usingcfw/manualupgrade

Baoulettes

The lonely man
Trophies
Website
www.baoulettes.fr
XP
Country
France

We must not have the same switch and sx os or even xci
With my own Mario kart and Zelda dumps in term of speed it is exactly the same than the card itself.
Also it work perfectly fine in both docked and handheld even if that XCI is from other sources than my own card.
For those who even issue that maybe because they use a weird way to update / downgrade their console (that a guess not a finger pointing!)
But in my side beside the custom XCI loading nothing has failed me with the product I brought, yes they are pretty slow I agree on it.

I never installed NSP so I can not judge properly but I will not install it until am I truly banned (Else I would be on atmo already to be honest or have it "in case").
(I do not like the concept of "emunand" and that my own personal judgement so I do not recommend) and as I mostly use my own xci dump I have no issues with certs (so I can leave all my card game in pretty neat shapes).

So yeah I can understand why you dislike TX (I do too due to the lack of communication) but it term of the product itself if that used "properly"(Again maybe I was just extremely lucky?) and as said aka with you own dumps, and with console updated via official method you should not have temp brick or what ever the term of this ^^

Reactions: nachuz

Aglae Pheryl

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I haven't had any issues except for not being able to update the firmware using ChoidjuourNX in SX OS 2.9 freezing at BIS protection but I came up with my own work around putting the proper folders/files to allow Atmosphere emuMMC to see the same emunand from SX OS and then just using hekate to boot into Atmosphere emuMMC (which in my case was exactly the same as SX OS emunand) and then using ChoidjuourNX to update from emummc. All former SX OS emunand files work fine, no errors in Docked or Handheld mode. No blackscreens etc. I'll post the link to the forum I posted in for reference in case anyone is curious https://gbatemp.net/threads/choiduj...e-nintendo-switch.513416/page-89#post-8806753 . It's probably a lot easier for most people to upgrade the firmware using SX OS 2.8 then the way I did it.
Well, Correction: As of 8:10 am this morning I experienced the error pressing b to back out of the album in SX OS 2.9 in docked mode. Hopefully it gets fixed and is a minor annoyance for me.

Can you confirm you can launch and run XCI files and modified XCI files from SX OS 2.9 because I could not, even after I used Atmosphere to regain access to the console and complete the 9.0.0 firware update and then rebooting with the 2.9 SX OS boot.dat file ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge