Hardware WBFS + USB question

VoltManEXE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I chose 38. I did some Google-ing (lol) and it said that 38 is the best for the Wad Installer. Of course, i'll probably never use it, but its good to have an "in case". Its taking forever and a day to load right now, and my flash drive's light keeps blinking on and off consistantly. USB Loader GX won't do anything else, just says loading... Should I just power off my Wii or something and try again?

EDIT: Okay... so no games lsited, and I have 2 ISO's on my flash drive... cIOSX failed...
frown.gif

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
did u format the pen to fat already?
and make sure u connected the pen in the right socket

dont say failed cuz it's not
u are messing up somewhere
but if u continue having problems just try another loader

VoltManEXE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, its formatted to FAT32, and its in the right socket.
Maybe I should try installing the cIOSX on 37 or 57?

VoltManEXE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I may have made a bit of a noobish mistake...
The revision I had was 874, and the loader didn't have support for cIOSX. I'm updating it now to the latest revision. But im reformatting my SDHC card at the moment. Its giving me issues loading things, freezing entirely too much. So i'm just using the "format h: /fs:fat /a:4096" command as suggested.

EDIT: Well, I get to loading it and it tells me I need to select or format a partition. I select a partition, I get a DSI exception. I format a partition, I STILL get a DSI exception!
EDIT2: (But, I'm loading it from the USB drive, still formatting the SD. And, me being stupid, just realized why you can't format something when you're reading from it.
laugh.gif
)

VoltManEXE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just completed formatting the SD card. Now I'll load the USB Loader and edit this post to let you know how it goes.

EDIT! Of course it doesn't work? Why would we want that?! But no sadly it doesn't work... It still doesn't detect the games...

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
again
try another loader

now it's all you since im falling asleep...
ill check the thread in the morning
good luck

by the way, alot of ppl are using the FAT system already so the ciosx works and the loaders work, we just have to find out whats wrong

VoltManEXE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm downloading WiiFlow right now (wow, its 97 MB). But while I'm waiting, USBLGX said my flash drive was "FAT1". I have no idea what that means, but am I supposed to reformat it to something in particular? Like how the wiibrew page had a specific command for formatting SDHC cards? (which by the way runs much better now
yaywii.gif
)

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
no need to reformat
that fat1 means that gx found the partition
are u sure u have isos in the pen?

and on GX, go to settings and check is the fat partition is selected, it needs to be

VoltManEXE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I put Galaxy 2 on it just to test if it works (which makes no sense since I have the real game, but I will put my other ISO's on there).
Am I supposed to make a folder or something? Its only on the root.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4M3E1Lz6l9E?si=fSYNJxYTa0czXVow