Hardware WBFS + USB question

VoltManEXE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I probably should also mention that the game is ripping as a .wbfs, so if this works, I guess I'll have to convert even though the filesizes are less than 4GB.

VoltManEXE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope! Problem solved! CFG made a folder called "wbfs", which has another folder in it and is named in the following format:
Code:
(GameID)_(GameName)
And then inside that folder is the .wbfs game and a.txt file that is named exactly like the folder. Inside the txt file is
Code:
(GameID) = (GameName)

I'm not sure if it works with ISO's but I am about to try once this file copies.
EDIT: Unfortunately, no ISO's.
frown.gif
I guess its no big deal, but its little extra effort, and I'd have to wait about a half hour for the ISO's to convert. Oh well, at least it works without WBFS!
EDIT2: It detects the ISO's, and can play the disc channel sound that the game makes, but it shows it as 0.00GB, and if you try to load it, you result in a crash.

EDIT3: Ugh... this is really frustrating. GX can't load the .wbfs file either, it just says: "wbfs error: bad magic" and it appears twice. Then I have to power down my Wii. I guess I'll just have to rely on the cfg loader for now until someone fixes this, or reads this and figures out what the problem is.
EDIT4: Also, CFG loader can load the iso, no problem. (YAAY!!!) But I noticed something weird, In galaxy 2, I noticed a few enemies are missing that are there when I use the disc. (weird...
wtf.gif
but of course I could be mistaken
tongue.gif
)

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
ISOs aren't shrunk when you use scrub them. Junk is removed, which makes them compress (or if stored on a NTFS volume as sparse files) down. They will be a full 4.37gb when stored on a FAT32 volume.

Secondly it doesn't take half an hour to convert from a ISO to .wbfs. takes a minute or three.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Steps for Fat drive:

1) Install CIOS rev 19, Hermes V4, or Hermes V5
2)Take an ISO, extract as .wbfs into a folder named wbfs. This folder must be in root.
3)Load latest cfg loader
4)Win

VoltManEXE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
George Dawes said:
ISOs aren't shrunk when you use scrub them. Junk is removed, which makes them compress (or if stored on a NTFS volume as sparse files) down. They will be a full 4.37gb when stored on a FAT32 volume.

Secondly it doesn't take half an hour to convert from a ISO to .wbfs. takes a minute or three.
That doesn't make sense. I didn't scrub them, since I kinda don't know how to do the .bin and trucha and all that confusing junk (plus, if junk is removed, the file size would be smaller anyway). I trimmed them, which cut the file size in more than half by removing the update partition and all the other unneeded files. So the ISO's are indeed smaller than 4GB

QUOTE said:
PsyBlade said:
I got the impression most tools dont handle trimmed isos good.
Try starting with untrimmed ones.

QUOTE(Zetta_x @ Jun 19 2010, 12:49 PM)
Steps for Fat drive:

1) Install CIOS rev 19, Hermes V4, or Hermes V5
2)Take an ISO, extract as .wbfs into a folder named wbfs. This folder must be in root.
3)Load latest cfg loader
4)Win
I did that, and GX tells me "wbfs error: bad magic". The configurable loader can run it, but i'd still rather use GX.
(I tried it with both an ISO and a wbfs, it still tells me wbfs error.)

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is that the latest rev's of GX are not that great especially with trying to integrate the functions of Hermes rev 5 and CIOS rev 19.

You are going to have to use Hermes rev 4 if you want to use FAT drives with gx

VoltManEXE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zetta_x said:
The problem is that the latest rev's of GX are not that great especially with trying to integrate the functions of Hermes rev 5 and CIOS rev 19.

You are going to have to use Hermes rev 4 if you want to use FAT drives with gx
Alright, so do I have to uninstall cIOSX or something? Or will the Hermes cIOS overwrite it?

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you install Custom IOS, they give you an option to install in a blank slot. If you remember which blank slots you used (222, 249), you can install it in 223 for an example so you don't override any of the other Custom IOS's. Who knows, maybe GX will have greater compatibility with the newer revs so it's best not to override those just yet.

VoltManEXE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kinda just got home to install it, and didn't get to try GX yet, but I'm a bit confused on the options I picked. I chose "Use IOS 250", then IOS 37, then "38 (recommended)", then I chose 223. I didn't know the difference between "222 (Default)" and "222 (Homebrew), so I chose 223. Does it matter what options I chose? Because I have no idea what the purpose of the first two options were.

EDIT: I tried it, and it works! So it turns out that Hermes was needed after all. But there is one problem, I can't install games! I still get "Install Error!". I think this thread has gone off topic(ish) enough, so maybe I'll make a new thread asking why I can't install games.

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
VoltManEXE said:
That doesn't make sense. I didn't scrub them, since I kinda don't know how to do the .bin and trucha and all that confusing junk (plus, if junk is removed, the file size would be smaller anyway). I trimmed them, which cut the file size in more than half by removing the update partition and all the other unneeded files. So the ISO's are indeed smaller than 4GB
Very little of what you have posted has made sense, but if the "isos" are less than 4gb on a fat drive they aren't isos. They are .wbfs, .ciso or something else entirely.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Omg stop telling us about how you put your dick in pis already