OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well then, I'm a bit disappointed.
frown.gif
I really hoped I could get GX to work... Well, WiiFlow has about a minute left on it's download, so next is that. (But if everyone is using fat like you said, why won't it work? And do I need a cIOS called "Hermes" or something? I was flipping through the GUI and saw that pop up, but only on other IOS's. I currently have cIOSX rev 19 as 249 on 38.)

kimikal27 said:
iso straight to the root of the pen

did u check the settings to see if the partition is picked?
Its the only partition there. And since you said FAT1 means that GX detected it, Its already picked, right?

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well man
it does work on GX, but something is wrong at the moment.
if it works on wiiflow we will know where the problem is,
i never used FAT myself, but i know that it works and what is needed

Posts merged

dont know if it's picked, just check it in the settings

VoltManEXE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kimikal27 said:
so what happens now is that u get in the GX but u see no games, is that it?
Yes, and to answer your previous post, once I highlight the flash drive in the settings, I can see how much memory I have and I see "FAT1". I hit 'A' multiple times, but the setting on it can't be changed. So yes, I think it is picked.

VoltManEXE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kimikal27 said:
try this then
in GX, insert a game in the wii (copy or not) and press + in the wiimote
this will send the game to the pen (in theory)
I press + and it detects the disc (both a retail game and a backup game). It tells me what the game name of the disc is and how big it is. I told it to install and waited. A progress bar pops up and makes it seem like it will install the game to the pen, but then it says "Install Error!".
(Oh, and I tried WiiFlow(IOS249), and it says "WBFS_Open failed: -1". I looked all throughout the settings in WiiFlow, but I can't seem to find any filesystem settings.)

VoltManEXE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downloading it now. But what I don't understand is why it won't work. (And why doesn't WiiFlow have FAT support for cIOSX?)

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
found this:

"I fixed this issue by deleting the wiiflow created wiiflow.ini [which was corrupted].
Editing my old .ini i had saved from when i was using WBFS, to say 'partition=FAT1'.

Works now."

VoltManEXE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kimikal27 said:
found this:

"I fixed this issue by deleting the wiiflow created wiiflow.ini [which was corrupted].
Editing my old .ini i had saved from when i was using WBFS, to say 'partition=FAT1'.

Works now."
Yeah, but I looked and I don't have a wiiflow.ini anywhere, not even in the wiiflow folder (I could make one, but I would need a list of what to put into it). But even still, I think I'm totally screwed.
ohnoes.png
Even the cfg loader doesn't work! It says that it doesn't detect a WBFS partition and asks me to select a partition. I select the only partition on it, which is the single FAT32 partition (shown on GX and cfg as 'FAT1'), and it says: "No games found!" Now all 3 of them does't work, so it must be some kinda cIOS bug or something, right?

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i think i know what is wrong...

have a look:
FAT32

! Hermes cIOS 222/223 or waninkoko's rev19 must be installed to use FAT32 !
PRO
Can be used for other files
Ripping to FAT32 is possible
Widely supported by many OS
CON
Only files up to 4GB are supported, so bigger games must be split up (note that games can be scrubbed, so most of them won't be over 4GB)
Only supported by 2 Loaders and few WBFS managers
If you choose FAT32, you won't have the problem that you can't put other files on the drive, since FAT32 is widely supported.

The only problem you'll find is the addition of games to the drive. It is possible to read .ISO files directly from the partition, but due the 4B limit of FAT32 it is often impossible to put the ISO (which are usually around 4.37GB) on the drive. Instead, the games must be converted to .wbfs files, which can be split up if they are bigger than 4GB. Because of the automatic scrubbing of .wbfs files, most games will stay under 4GB so it won't be that much of a problem.
To do this, you will need a backup manager that supports converting to .wbfs files. Currently, these are Wii Backup Manager and Wii Game Manager.

NTFS

! Hermes cIOS 222/223 must be installed to use NTFS !
PRO
Can be used for other files
Supports bigger files, so ISO loading is possible
CON
Ripping to NTFS is very unstable. It is highly recommended to add your games with your computer.
Only supported by 2 Loaders and few WBFS managers
As with FAT32, the problem of not being able to use the drive for other things is not present on NTFS. On top of that, it also supports files that are bigger than 4GB, so ISO files can be put on it directly.
It is NOT possible to rip games to NTFS with a backup launcher, so you'll have to use your computer to add games to the drive.

VoltManEXE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but I have waninkoko's rev19, and the games I'm trying to run have already been scrubbed. They aren't even 2GB. Do they still need to be converted from ISO to wbfs even if they are smaller than 4GB?

VoltManEXE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, all my ISO's are smaller than 4GB, because I use WiiScrubber on all of them. After you scrub/trim "Super Mario Galaxy 2", it ends up being 1.28 GB. And, like you said, it STILL won't work. Still no games detected, and I still can't change the partition setting in the GUI. CFG won't work either. However, I got CFG to rip the game, and its ripping now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4M3E1Lz6l9E?si=fSYNJxYTa0czXVow