godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1666443686841.png

it works with rpcs3, but not on original hardware, so it's sort of a success. I think the problem is with the sdk or a newer version of it, which I'm using as I didn't install the ps3sdk till like this week. anyway it seems to have broken some things. the same is true of the ps2 and sm64 where it works in an emulator but not on original hardware, also stemming from its sdk, so it's not the ports themselves. strangely, sm64 works fine on the ps3. you can use either the self or the fake.self with sonic mania, either works. this game has a lot of problems though. there's no music, and dlc isn't enabled even if compiled.

Attachments

• SonicMania.zip
    4 MB · Views: 138

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 333243

it works with rpcs3, but not on original hardware, so it's sort of a success. I think the problem is with the sdk or a newer version of it, which I'm using as I didn't install the ps3sdk till like this week. anyway it seems to have broken some things. the same is true of the ps2 and sm64 where it works in an emulator but not on original hardware, also stemming from its sdk, so it's not the ports themselves. strangely, sm64 works fine on the ps3. you can use either the self or the fake.self with sonic mania, either works. this game has a lot of problems though. there's no music, and dlc isn't enabled even if compiled.
Funny to me that Mario 64 works fine on the PS2, but the last time I tried a SNES emulator on there it was slow, and didn't even have sound support. :rolleyes:

Reactions: depaul

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bad news, I found an old build of the sdk from 2020 on bucanero's github. I tested it. sonic mania won't even compile with it, which leads me to believe something is wrong with the repo of the game rather than the sdk, but I really don't know. :(

• Sad
Reactions: Starry_Night

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unfortunately, the ps3 version has not seen an update in almost a month. I can run my sm64 build on the ps3, but something is definitely going wrong with the mania one. I get no errors, I've followed the directions exactly, and the game builds, just doesn't work outside of an emulator. I really don't understand what the problem is.
Post automatically merged:

mind you, bucanero himself told me that many things are broken in the newest version of psl1ght, so I think he uses a version from two years ago.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the dev finally updated the repo. however, it still doesn't work on hardware. :( I made a follow up post about it.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The dev thinks the problem is with the flags in the make folder, so he's going to do a clean install of the toolchain to see what happens. That's where we're at.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to get plus working on the system, but they no longer want me sharing any of the sonic mania builds, so I'll adhere to their wishes.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
It's saturn 3D, so PSX 3D should be at least on par.
I believe the Saturn was a bit more powerful, right? Not just more complex? :unsure:

I've never seen a Saturn console in real life, still not sure they aren't an internet hoax like the Atari Lynx or the Atari Jaguar. Don't know a single person IRL that owns (or owned) any of these.

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I believe the Saturn was a bit more powerful, right? Not just more complex? :unsure:

I've never seen a Saturn console in real life, still not sure they aren't an internet hoax like the Atari Lynx or the Atari Jaguar. Don't know a single person IRL that owns (or owned) any of these.
I know two people that own one, they let me touch their saturns. It's basically 2D platform that got extra polygon pipeline soldered to it at the last minute, since 3D boom was... booming.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I know two people that own one, they let me touch their saturns. It's basically 2D platform that got extra polygon pipeline soldered to it at the last minute, since 3D boom was... booming.
Yeah, it did feel very shoehorned in last-minute, since they didn't even implement texture transparency which is kind of a huge deal for simulating glass, water, shadows, etc... So all the shadows we got was that black dithered trash. I can't even be asked to play games that use that crap, as it's far to distracting to even try and deal with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: yeah, i'm Anyone, that's just not my alias here